• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Really?

volman

Yes, sour grapes. 

Cavs have 12 (twelve) 12!!!! Threes in two games versus the raptors and didn't make less than 15 per game against us. Had a game with over 25 threes. 

We had the perfect game plan to beat them. Play the percentages. You will literally never see a team shoot like that again. 

Makes me sick. This isn't even a series. 

• Like 3

I think it also has to do with how we played our defense vs. the Raptors. I haven't fully watched all of the Raptors/Cavs games, but from what I have seen is that they are allowing the Cavs into the paint, whereas our defensive priority was to not allow anything in the paint and force them to make the difficult passes and make their threes (which they did).

Just now, Ropadope said:

First the Hawks and now the Raptors have picked their poison in regards to their defensive strategy against the Cavs. The Cavs are proving either poison is deadly.

Agreed. In the middle of the season it didn't look like the Cavs would even be running smoothly much less scoring every which way possible with ease. Those rumors of impending implosion back then turned out to be wishful thinking by many. Me included.    

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Basketball is about matchups.   Cleveland has advantages against Toronto and us.  When they play GS, those advantages disappear. 

They wouldn't really have those advantages against us if we could just simply make our open shots.  The Hawks main weakness comes down to poor shooting.

• Like 1

Agreed. That and gaining second shots and diminishing the other team's by rebounding. Missing wide open shots in the last two minutes is such a stake in the heart though. It's painful. Need a BC powder about right now just thinking about those bricks. 

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Basketball is about matchups.   Cleveland has advantages against Toronto and us.  When they play GS, those advantages disappear. 

I think there is a "swagger" factor.  The Cavs come in, disrespect Atlanta, and "know" they are better.  When you have the better players, why not?  Believe it or not, but Bud out coached Lue/LeBron in that series.  We will look back and see that.  I will continue to pound in the idea that if it were not for the historic performance from 3, the Hawks would be in the Finals this year. 

We did have the perfect plan to beat them and we were right there in the 4th quarter of 3 out of the 4 games, that's where you want to be.  Game 2 was the only anomaly to me.

At the end of the day, we just didn't have guys that could step up and close and the Cavs did.  I can't be too sour about the Cavs shooting - I'm more sour that guys like Horford, Sap, and Teague didn't step up towards the end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

You guys are remembering things differently from reality. There was not one game where Cleveland was worried about us or what we did defensively.

Wrong. 

• Like 1