• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Pitch!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

At some point, we have to use our star power to get players.   This is a message to coach Bud and Koonins.  Call Mt. Mutombo !!  Deke is our most popular Alum...  Why are we calling Deke?  When we show up at Biyombo's house at 12:01 AM on July 1 with our 60 Million dollar offer (or whatever his max looks like).. we should have Deke there as the AMBASSADOR.

Then we should make Deke an Assistant coach and his only Job would be to work with BB and Edy!!

Forget about spending 130 Million to get a broken down DHoward.  Let's go after the Biz and Develop Edy alongside em.

tumblr_mijyo3bwt51qz82gvo1_500.jpg

11 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

We would be very dumb to show up with a 60 million dollar offer to Biyombo

Well, maybe Diesel's saying the years in CHA were the exception, this 2-3 game stretch is the norm for him?  Perhaps we should also hire MJ as asst.  Teach Baze/THJr how to be just like him.  Everybody wins!?

I like Deke but he does not seem to have an allegiance to any ONE Team.

He was with the Rockets recruiting Dwight.  Then tweeting for the Sixers on draft night. 

Who in the hell is offering Biz a max - that's career suicide.  Considering his max is $23 mil per............smh.

Another let's get rid of Al thread in disguise, sigh.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I like Deke but he does not seem to have an allegiance to any ONE Team.

He was with the Rockets recruiting Dwight.  Then tweeting for the Sixers on draft night. 

Who in the hell is offering Biz a max - that's career suicide.  Considering his max is $23 mil per............smh.

Another let's get rid of Al thread in disguise, sigh.

You guys are hilarious. 

Here's the thing.  You are not going to get a complete competent BIG Man in this league easily.   Whatever, you get, you're going to have to overpay and then you're going to have to develop.   Especially when you consider that our choices thus far revolve around paying DHoward a Max that exceeds 130 Million or Paying Horford a Max or overpaying for Zaza.  These are three older guys and all three are injury prone and the two of the three (not named Zaza) are on the decline.  So you want this summer to be... Which declining player do we want to give the max to?  When we have the opportunity to go after a guy who is on the incline of his career.  

You know what I just figured out.  Babcock is smarter than Most of you on this board.  Babcock had the foresight to max out Deke when Deke was a young  free agent.  It's about 25 years later and we're trying to hold on to declining players instead of looking for the next Deke?

Wow.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You guys are hilarious. 

Here's the thing.  You are not going to get a complete competent BIG Man in this league easily.   Whatever, you get, you're going to have to overpay and then you're going to have to develop.   Especially when you consider that our choices thus far revolve around paying DHoward a Max that exceeds 130 Million or Paying Horford a Max or overpaying for Zaza.  These are three older guys and all three are injury prone and the two of the three (not named Zaza) are on the decline.  So you want this summer to be... Which declining player do we want to give the max to?  When we have the opportunity to go after a guy who is on the incline of his career.  

You know what I just figured out.  Babcock is smarter than Most of you on this board.  Babcock had the foresight to max out Deke when Deke was a young  free agent.  It's about 25 years later and we're trying to hold on to declining players instead of looking for the next Deke?

Wow.

Sigh - One does not equal the other, just because they are both Africans and can do a mean finger wag.

Please check Deke's overall stats and impact  before trying to comparing him to Biyombo who has had 2 great playoffs games over his entire career before talking about why Deke DESERVED his max.  Deke was a walking double-double.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh - One does not equal the other, just because they are both Africans and can do a mean finger wag.

Please check Deke's overall stats and impact  before trying to comparing him to Biyombo who has had 2 great playoffs games over his entire career before talking about why Deke DESERVED his max.  Deke was a walking double-double.

Let's talk Biyombo.

This year, in 22 mpg, he's giving 5.5 ppg, 8.0 rpg, and 1.6 bpg.

He has never been a starter but he's putting up 8.0 rpg and 1.6 bpg in 22 mpg.

This year, in 32.1 mpg, Al is giving us:  15.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg, and 1.5 bpg.

Al is 7 years older and playing 10 minutes more... and when you look at the numbers, Al isn't given us more except in points.  Al has had 2 pec tears and he is playing sawft.   But we want to give Al a 5 year Max deal??

You said Look a t Deke.  OK I looked at Deke.

Per 36 (his last year in Denver): Deke averaged 10.8 ppg, 11.6 rpg, and 4.4 bpg.

Per 36:  Bismack gives 9.0 ppg, 13.0 rpg, and 2.6 bpg.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Humphries is averaging 13/10 per36 for his career.   He averaged 24/15 per36 in this years playoffs.     I'd love to have him back but i sure hope we don't offer him the max.:ermm:

Humph is a fit for our team if we're bringing back his sawftness.  And we all know that Humph is not close to a max player because everybody has seen him at max capacity.   At his best, he was a good player not a max player.  However, I think there's some things yet to see with Biyombo.  First off, this guy is 22.  Secondly, he's not played as a starter much.   I will say this... His height gives me a lot of pause.  I would rather he be 7'1 250.. but other than that, I think he has shown how much of a game changer he can be.

Humph unfortunately has never been a game changer.  Unfortunately, Horf's only claim to fame is rebounding.  Not Rebounding and rim protecting.  otherwise he would be worth more. '

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Humphries is averaging 13/10 per36 for his career.   He averaged 24/15 per36 in this years playoffs.     I'd love to have him back but i sure hope we don't offer him the max.:ermm:

Makes sense doesn't it.

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let's talk Biyombo.

This year, in 22 mpg, he's giving 5.5 ppg, 8.0 rpg, and 1.6 bpg.

He has never been a starter but he's putting up 8.0 rpg and 1.6 bpg in 22 mpg.

This year, in 32.1 mpg, Al is giving us:  15.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg, and 1.5 bpg.

Al is 7 years older and playing 10 minutes more... and when you look at the numbers, Al isn't given us more except in points.  Al has had 2 pec tears and he is playing sawft.   But we want to give Al a 5 year Max deal??

You said Look a t Deke.  OK I looked at Deke.

Per 36 (his last year in Denver): Deke averaged 10.8 ppg, 11.6 rpg, and 4.4 bpg.

Per 36:  Bismack gives 9.0 ppg, 13.0 rpg, and 2.6 bpg.

I understand that a lot of players like Biyombo will get overpayed just like DMC did last year and I accept that.  

But a max deal is a fail of epic proportions.

Remembering a few times we played Charlotte in the past and Nique would almost be making fun of Biyombo's lack of skills. He had heart, could jump and hustle in the paint but it was as if he had just started playing last week and was considered a pretty long term project. Charlotte even took a good bit of heat for the pick. Now look at him. Did Casey help flip that light switch on or has Biyombo absolutely taken control of his career? With all the cap stuff coming up his timing is really good. 

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Remembering a few times we played Charlotte in the past and Nique would almost be making fun of Biyombo's lack of skills. He had heart, could jump and hustle in the paint but it was as if he had just started playing last week and was considered a pretty long term project. Charlotte even took a good bit of heat for the pick. Now look at him. Did Casey help flip that light switch on or has Biyombo absolutely taken control of his career? With all the cap stuff coming up his timing is really good. 

Yeah he's set to get some bucks.   Especially with guys like Tristan and Adams shining in the playoffs.   His skill set is a good one when the offense is dominated by lowry and derozan.   

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah he's set to get some bucks.   Especially with guys like Tristan and Adams shining in the playoffs.   His skill set is a good one when the offense is dominated by lowry and derozan.   

That's all I'm saying.  Moreover, I wouldn't get him without an apt tutor.   Which is something else I was saying.    Check this out:

With Noah and Pau Gasol (player option) off the books, the Bulls would have around $23 million in cap space, according to Basketball Insiders' Eric Pincus. That money that could be better used elsewhere, rather than bringing back a past-his-prime Noah, who will be in no mood to give a hometown discount.

If the Bulls are looking for a defensive-minded center to play a similar role, Ian Mahinmi and Bismack Biyombo are younger, healthier options who could be in their price range. 

Caught this on bleacher report.

I'm not the only person considering the fact that Defensive Centers are going to be what everybody is looking for in this free agency.   Hell, Tristan Thompson makes as much as Cousins.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:33 AM, Diesel said:

At some point, we have to use our star power to get players.   This is a message to coach Bud and Koonins.  Call Mt. Mutombo !!  Deke is our most popular Alum...  Why are we calling Deke?  When we show up at Biyombo's house at 12:01 AM on July 1 with our 60 Million dollar offer (or whatever his max looks like).. we should have Deke there as the AMBASSADOR.

Then we should make Deke an Assistant coach and his only Job would be to work with BB and Edy!!

Forget about spending 130 Million to get a broken down DHoward.  Let's go after the Biz and Develop Edy alongside em.

tumblr_mijyo3bwt51qz82gvo1_500.jpg

If anything Mutumbo would probably help the Rockets get him. He helped recruit Dwight to Houston despite ATL having an interest in him.