• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you were the GM who would be your prototype guy for our system at each position?

HawkItus

Not saying that I want all legends, but the intangibles they bring.  

PG: Gary Payton (defense, ability to penetrate, size for when we need to switch, can be the heart of the team)

SG:  Joe Dumars (defense, can handle the ball, clutch shooter, doesn't need a lot of touches to be effective)

SF:  Grant Hill (All-Round, Two way talent, Low ego )

PF: Paul Milsap (I just think his skill set fits perfect for what we are doing)

C: Brad Daugherty (skilled big man around the hoop, soft mid-range shot, low fouls on defense, big body)

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Teague

Korver

Durant

Horford

Noel

What about those guys do you think fits so well?  Like Noel, he doesn't fit at all for our scheme to me.  Korver is ok, but wouldn't be what I would look for in players I put in the position.  I would like more athleticism.   Teague is not good enough on defense.  

21 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

What about those guys do you think fits so well?  Like Noel, he doesn't fit at all for our scheme to me.  Korver is ok, but wouldn't be what I would look for in players I put in the position.  I would like more athleticism.   Teague is not good enough on defense.  

I seen them in the system so clearly, I will favor them more. I like Noel defensive versatility a lot more than any Hawk. He can be used in all defensive purposes. 

I simply wanted to put together a great defensive team who moves extremely well off the ball and can really hit catch and shoot 3s. I also wanted a rim protector, someone who can defend the PnR, play in our system and cover a lot of space. I would have kept Sap but I wanted Horford at PF 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

PG - Probably Kidd, awesome facilitator deceptively good shooter

SG - Rip Hamilton, I hated the Pistons but I loved Rip.  Wore people out moving without the ball, excellent midrange game, and decent penetrator

SF - Durant all day.

PF - KG...even though I despise him.  Pretty good from all over the floor, athletic, lots of energy, and is a bit of an enforcer...when he's not being a petty-ass punk-bitch.

C - Trying to think of good passers/shooters...but also solid defenders.  While my personal pick for ANY alltime team will always be Mutombo...he wouldn't fit and would whine about shots in our offense.  So, either Olajuwon or Pau Gasol.

• Premium Member

Let me take a swing at this:

1.  PG = Westbrook.

It came down to Westbrook vs. Steph.  Who doesn't like Steph.   I love Steph.  However,  I think from time to time, Steph gets  his teammates caught up watching him.  I think Westbrook has toughness and he will score when he needs to but people miss the fact that he's a triple double machine and rebounding from the one is good.

2.  SG = Joe Johnson (in his prime).

Joe in his prime was a scoring 2 as well as a passing 2.   His size made him a good 2 way guy and he could defend the perimeter.

3.  KD.

Had a hard time between KD and Lebron.  KD can work without the ball.   Lebron will need the ball in his hands.

4.  Paul Millsap.

Millsap is prototypical of what we do.  He's a 4 that can play inside and outside.

5.  Joachim Noah in his prime.

There was a time when Noah was 13, 11, and 6 (apg)  that guy fit this offense and defense.

Sadly, many of our fans miss the value of our players.   They miss the value and the need at each position.   Many of them want to move Sap when in all honesty, Sap is exactly who we need.   With the lack of having KD, I would love a wing who could score and play defense.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Wretch said:

You lost me here... good shooter?? Come on Wretch.  I normally see eye to eye with your takes.   Kidd's Achilles was his shooting.

• Premium Member

Kidd developed his shooting late in his career which I'm assuming is what Wretch is talking about. Late career Kidd's shooting with prime Kidd's defense, passing, all around skills would be as close to the perfect point guard as you could get.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Kidd developed his shooting late in his career which I'm assuming is what Wretch is talking about. Late career Kidd's shooting with prime Kidd's defense, passing, all around skills would be as close to the perfect point guard as you could get.

Unfortunately, it was never at the same time.  It was probably Bud who told the Spurs guards to leave Kidd alone on the perimeter during his first two trips to the finals.   That's how I remember Kidd.  Standing on the perimeter trying to find an open Martin or Kittles because he knew he couldn't go inside.

Sticking with current players:

Steph

Butler

KD

Sap

Marc

There's ya chip. Drops mic, struts off, trips down side stage steps.......

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

You lost me here... good shooter?? Come on Wretch.  I normally see eye to eye with your takes.   Kidd's Achilles was his shooting.

Deceptively good.  Not good and certainly not great.  He was a decent scorer in his prime and I've seen him make some big shots.

I'm looking at his playmaking above all else though.

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

SG - Rip Hamilton, I hated the Pistons but I loved Rip.  Wore people out moving without the ball, excellent midrange game, and decent penetrator

SF - Durant all day.

PF - KG...even though I despise him.  Pretty good from all over the floor, athletic, lots of energy, and is a bit of an enforcer...when he's not being a petty-ass punk-bitch.

C - Trying to think of good passers/shooters...but also solid defenders.  While my personal pick for ANY alltime team will always be Mutombo...he wouldn't fit and would whine about shots in our offense.  So, either Olajuwon or Pau Gasol.

See I think Olajuwon in our system is not a good fit.  He is a dominate low post scorer who needed a steady diet to be his best.  Paul I can definitely see.  Good call on Rip.  

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Let me take a swing at this:

1.  PG = Westbrook.

It came down to Westbrook vs. Steph.  Who doesn't like Steph.   I love Steph.  However,  I think from time to time, Steph gets  his teammates caught up watching him.  I think Westbrook has toughness and he will score when he needs to but people miss the fact that he's a triple double machine and rebounding from the one is good.

2.  SG = Joe Johnson (in his prime).

Joe in his prime was a scoring 2 as well as a passing 2.   His size made him a good 2 way guy and he could defend the perimeter.

3.  KD.

Had a hard time between KD and Lebron.  KD can work without the ball.   Lebron will need the ball in his hands.

4.  Paul Millsap.

Millsap is prototypical of what we do.  He's a 4 that can play inside and outside.

5.  Joachim Noah in his prime.

There was a time when Noah was 13, 11, and 6 (apg)  that guy fit this offense and defense.

Sadly, many of our fans miss the value of our players.   They miss the value and the need at each position.   Many of them want to move Sap when in all honesty, Sap is exactly who we need.   With the lack of having KD, I would love a wing who could score and play defense.

I like everyone, but Westbrook.  He needs a lot of shots and time with the rock.  I don't see this system being as free flowing with him as the point.  Plus I need more on D.

58 minutes ago, hazer said:

Sticking with current players:

Steph

Butler

KD

Sap

Marc

There's ya chip. Drops mic, struts off, trips down side stage steps.......

Is Gasol mobile enough?  Steph, KD, and Sap of course.   Not sold on Butler in this scheme.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Unfortunately, it was never at the same time.  It was probably Bud who told the Spurs guards to leave Kidd alone on the perimeter during his first two trips to the finals.   That's how I remember Kidd.  Standing on the perimeter trying to find an open Martin or Kittles because he knew he couldn't go inside.

That's very true. Kidd is one of my all time favorite players and I hated that it wasn't until he went to Dallas that something finally clicked to let him be able to hit jumpers. But before then he was a poor shooter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

See I think Olajuwon in our system is not a good fit.  He is a dominate low post scorer who needed a steady diet to be his best.  Paul I can definitely see.  Good call on Rip.  

Hakeem was great  in the low post but he also had so many moves.

Old school all time (players I've seen during my time not Wilt, Russell, etc.)

pg- Magic

sg- Jordan

sf- Bird (I'll rinse my mouth I love Nique to death but gotta be honest)

pf- Karl Malone

c- Hakeem

Current:

pg- Curry (I'll rinse again I hate that f***)

sg- Kawhi (I realize he's a sf but I need that slot open for....)

sf- KD 

pf- Anthony Davis

c- Horford (he just fits what we do)