• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draymond

Alex

Love the guy as all of you know, but I can't defend his actions.  He's a great player, but right now I can't excuse what he's doing.

He should've known better, but I don't fault him too tough.  It's what makes him him.  Take all the awesome with a little foolery.  I assure you he heard about it good from Kerr and probably/should've incurred a hefty fine.

@Spud2Nique, you're one of the few ironic Warrior Haters who are actually smart.  You must change your handle to Steph2Klay for a day if they wrap up tonight without Day-Day.

• Moderators

I have less problem with his reaction to LeBron walking over him than the other two incidents that led to him being on the brink of suspension.  My only issues with the LeBron move was that he was already on the brink of suspension and let himself be baited into missing  Game 5 and the fact that he went after the balls (again).

The tackle and nut punch leading in are where I'd be more critical.

Believe in this case LeBron's high road was making sure Draymond had a worm's eye view of the King's bottom side. Draymond just has to be smarter than that. Taking a chance of missing any minutes in the championship is a little nuts (had to say it).   

Whenever I watch that video it looks like Green is just doing a reflexive, "Get the hell off me!" move with his arm to push James away.  It just lands in an awkward spot.  I mean, Green is still looking at the ground as is getting up.  I don't think a suspension was warranted.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

Whenever I watch that video it looks like Green is just doing a reflexive, "Get the hell off me!" move with his arm to push James away.  It just lands in an awkward spot.  I mean, Green is still looking at the ground as is getting up.  I don't think a suspension was warranted.

He wasn't suspended for this act per se.  Both he and LeBron got nailed with what are ordinarily minor penalties.  It is the fact that he had already accumulated 3 other points for stupid stuff that led to the suspension.  

I thought it was funny that all the GS fans were making crybaby faces at LeBron, but Green is just as bad.  Sooner or later, he's going to get in someone's face and they're going to put him on his backside.   I'd love to see it too.

I'm no LeBron fan, but I'm glad to see him standing up to Green.

Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Green is a dirty player and deserves the suspension ... he has only has himself to blame and has let down his team as a result

Green maybe dirty, but the League was in error for watching Lebron throw him down... step over him...and then charge Green with a flagrant Foul for getting up.

The Lebron Protection Act is too much.   Moreover, it's very self serving for the league.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Green maybe dirty, but the League was in error for watching Lebron throw him down... step over him...and then charge Green with a flagrant Foul for getting up.

The Lebron Protection Act is too much.   Moreover, it's very self serving for the league.

Getting up?  He blatantly hit him in the family jewels ... a thing he has repeatedly done in the playoffs

Edited by capstone21

• Premium Member
On 6/15/2016 at 9:47 AM, capstone21 said:

Getting up?  He blatantly hit him in the family jewels ... a thing he has repeatedly done in the playoffs

I smell a rat.  And this is it.  Green was suspended for "the complilation of dirty plays".  Then why is it that one more flagrant would get him suspended for game 7??

There's no reset.

They will try to bait Green all night because they can't win otherwise.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I smell a rat.  And this is it.  Green was suspended for "the complilation of dirty plays".  Then why is it that one more flagrant would get him suspended for game 7??

There's no reset.

They will try to bait Green all night because they can't win otherwise.

For GS's sake, Green better not let himself get baited.  He needs to man up and play a clean game.  Shouldn't be that hard not to hit someone in the balls.

• Moderators

As an aside, the accumulation things has to be in there for guys like Dirty D.  You can't let him take shots at and bait a ton of people and then reset every series.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

As an aside, the accumulation things has to be in there for guys like Dirty D.  You can't let him take shots at and bait a ton of people and then reset every series.

Let me speak on this for one second.

In Football.  IF you commit a penalty.   You are penalized for that game.  The team that you play against receives the benefit of your penalty against them. 

IN Baseball, if you are guilty of a personal foul.. they throw you out of that game.

IN Basketball however, you have carry over fouls...  really.  So based on what happened in the Houston and OKC Series, Cleveland comes in saying... IF we can bait him into a flagrant, he can be suspended for a game.   That doesn't make sense.

Moreover, Lebron Slung him down and tried to walk over him. (Disrespect).  This after have a war of words on social media with Draymond.   Is it fair that there's a running tab on a player that teams can benefit from?  No.   You should deal with each penalty based on the competiton at that time.

Wether you agree with fouls carrying over, or accumulating - that's the system in place and ALL players know it. Act accordingly.

I don't comparing see the correlation  to baseball and footbal regarding fouls particularly because fouls in the NBA is a major part of the game.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Let me speak on this for one second.

In Football.  IF you commit a penalty.   You are penalized for that game.  The team that you play against receives the benefit of your penalty against them. 

IN Baseball, if you are guilty of a personal foul.. they throw you out of that game.

IN Basketball however, you have carry over fouls...  really.  So based on what happened in the Houston and OKC Series, Cleveland comes in saying... IF we can bait him into a flagrant, he can be suspended for a game.   That doesn't make sense.

Moreover, Lebron Slung him down and tried to walk over him. (Disrespect).  This after have a war of words on social media with Draymond.   Is it fair that there's a running tab on a player that teams can benefit from?  No.   You should deal with each penalty based on the competiton at that time.

The NFL does have increased penalties for repeat offenders -- including different standard for suspensions for future games for repeat offenders.

NFL executive VP of football operations Troy Vincent and the league identified 21 players in the "at-risk" category.   In the group were the six players who have been suspended for hits over the last two years (Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson, Titanssafety Michael Griffin, Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather, Raiders defensive lineman Antonio Smith,Chiefs linebacker Joe Mays and Colts linebacker Erik Walden), and 15 others who were close to escalated discipline.

The main goal of the initiative is to make sure players won't jeopardize their careers by continuing to accumulate sanctions.

The oldest and largest sport in the world, soccer, has a system similar to the NBA with a reset only for the semi-final game (i.e., a single yellow card in the semi-finals won't get you kicked from the final game).  Players get cards and if they accumulate enough points over a competition they get suspended.  The biggest difference is probably single elimination format versus 7 game series.

Two yellow cards in a game gets a player a red card, expulsion from that match and a one-match ban. A player who gets two yellows in separate matches up through the quarterfinals gets a one-match ban too.

The NHL issues suspensions for accumulations of dangerous plays.  For example:

Boston Bruins forward Zac Rinaldo, who has time and time again made dangerous plays on the ice, has been suspended five games by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety for an illegal check to the head of Tampa Bay Lightning forward Cedric Paquette.

Rinaldo made clear contact with Paquette’s head on the check, barely making an attempt to hit through the body. He only received a two-minute minor on the ice for the play, but this was an easy call for Player Safety on the suspension. 

A repeat offender, it was no surprise to see Rinaldo receive a hefty ban. Five games is the maximum suspension that can be doled out without an in-person hearing. The department hasn’t often gone over three games this year for illegal head checks, but the player’s history in this case played a major role. 

MLB baseball is tough to compare because it is about as close as you can come to a contact free sport.

• Premium Member
On 6/16/2016 at 2:51 PM, AHF said:

A system like soccer has may make sense where they wipe the slate clean heading into the finals.

Uhm..  Yeah.

The fiinals is reduced to Cleveland trying to bait the Warriors into a suspension worthy penalty.