• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

680 the Fan

I just added the app to my phone. Does anyone know what time they usually talk about the Hawks? Maybe the draft? I figure they have to discuss it at some point either today, tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks in advance.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

They hurt my ears so I can't/don't  listen.

Oh no! That bad huh? Dang then @NBASupes when is your podcast for the draft comin out? Lol. Please let it be before the draft. Like today or tomorrow. I need some draft talk as I believe this is the year we make a move into the lottery. Hopefully top 8 picks.

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I just added the app to my phone. Does anyone know what time they usually talk about the Hawks? Maybe the draft? I figure they have to discuss it at some point either today, tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks in advance.

Quick!  Delete that crap from your device or risk brain-infection.  They're typical (severely) under-informed yukkity-yuk sports talk guys.  They may talk NBA draft in-between breaking down UGA's next star backup left tackle for the 2019 season, but it'll be all based on skim-of-the-surface internet searches you or I could do in our sleep.

Wait for Supes' deal or try 92.9 the Game (actually, does that station still exist?).  If anyone local will discuss Hawks it'll be them although it'll only be just slightly less uninformed than the other station.  Atlanta radio is terri-bawful.

27 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh no! That bad huh? Dang then @NBASupes when is your podcast for the draft comin out? Lol. Please let it be before the draft. Like today or tomorrow. I need some draft talk as I believe this is the year we make a move into the lottery. Hopefully top 8 picks.

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!

Rome said we are on for tonight. Just me and him this ep. We will cover potential prospects like Denzel V, Malachi R, T. Prince and several others. The possibilities of moving up, who to target and why? 

The post-draft one will be a hour to a hour plus, it will cover the draft, free agency, etc.  Tonight one should go no longer than 20-30 mins if that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Quick!  Delete that crap from your device or risk brain-infection.  They're typical (severely) under-informed yukkity-yuk sports talk guys.  They may talk NBA draft in-between breaking down UGA's next star backup left tackle for the 2019 season, but it'll be all based on skim-of-the-surface internet searches you or I could do in our sleep.

Wait for Supes' deal or try 92.9 the Game (actually, does that station still exist?).  If anyone local will discuss Hawks it'll be them although it'll only be just slightly less uninformed than the other station.  Atlanta radio is terri-bawful.

He's not lying. In between waxing poetically about how UGA is going to easily win the next eight national titles in a row with Kirby Smart and the Braves, they might give you 0.00000043661 seconds of what the Hawks might do in the draft. At least 92.9 will give you a segment or two in regards to something else...

92.9 The game.  A tad above. At least they give you Hawk Talk. Bud and Koonin also on for their weekly shows, Bud - Thursdays at 1:20, Koonin - Fridays at 4:40pm (at least in season).

Chuck and chernoff from 3-7 talk about the Hawks quite a bit. Their producer Carlos Medina always comes on with some interesting tidbits and cap talk. 

Other than that it's hot garbage for basketball. 

NEVER listen to buck and kincade from 12-3. EVER. Worst god damn show in the history of sports. It amazes me that they've been on air this long. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Afro said:

Chuck and chernoff from 3-7 talk about the Hawks quite a bit. Their producer Carlos Medina always comes on with some interesting tidbits and cap talk. 

Other than that it's hot garbage for basketball. 

NEVER listen to buck and kincade from 12-3. EVER. Worst god damn show in the history of sports. It amazes me that they've been on air this long. 

Agree about Buck and Kincade. It makes no sense even to a Dawg fan like myself. I can be such a homer that I pull multiple teeth watching Mark Fox pretend to be Phil Jackson with only average or slightly better players. Triangle this and triangle that. Can't say anything negative about football though because Angela spent her career grooming years in Athens and we both are Georgia football fanatics. We very possibly have college sports related issues because of those particular years but we'll watch and pull no matter what. Buck and Kincade are another low brow deal all together.        

• Moderators

I stick around just long enough during drive time to sing along at the top of the hour: "Nah nah nah nah nah, Chuck 'n Chernoff..."

Shaq was added recently as a contributor for the playoffs, but we'll see how long that lasts now that the season's over.

~lw3

4 hours ago, Watchman said:

92.9 rarely discusses anything other than football.  Haven't listened to 680 static in years.   Their signal doesn't make it outside the perimeter.

92.9 has a good bit of Hawks talk plus Bud and Steve weekly. Rarely listen to 680, but I live way up here in Alpharetta and it comes in loud and clear. Sometime I listen to Buck & Kincaid just for Buck's sarcasm. That is comedy right? Cause he can't be serious.....

4 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I stick around just long enough during drive time to sing along at the top of the hour: "Nah nah nah nah nah, Chuck 'n Chernoff..."

Shaq was added recently as a contributor for the playoffs, but we'll see how long that lasts now that the season's over.

~lw3

Shaq does a podcast with Kincade(I have ZERO idea why) so he's at the studios quite a bit I believe. 

He pops up as a call in every now and again. 

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

My dial is always on 92.9.  Many don't like Mike Bell, which is understandable, but I love the guy.  They've been talking Hawks for much of the day.  Kevin Love rumors and what not.

I like Mike Bell, he doesn't  try to sound like the smartest guy in the room, just a guy talking sports and he's funny.

680 really got me into Sports Radio some 12-13 years ago. Now that I've gotten older and times have changed podcasts are the wave for me. Woj, Zach Lowe, Chris Mannix, The Starters, Hangtime, Bill Simmons, are all pretty encompassing for my NBA needs.