• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Traded to Pacers!!!!

Wurider05

7 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

What would it take to get Butler from Chicago?

More than we have available.  I'm not terribly impressed with Butler anyway.  He is not an impact player IMO.

Edited by Watchman

2 minutes ago, Guard said:

This team can't keep throwing away draft picks. I don't care if this is a weak draft. Building through the draft is paramount in multiple sports.  The NBA is no different. Horford + Bazemore/ Whoever isn't saving this squad. They'll be an automatic 1st/2nd round exit lock. 

Plus, let's not act like the young talent on this team isn't already lackluster as is. The Hawks need lottery talent in the worst way. 

So far today we have done quite the opposite of throwing away a draft pick. We gained a lottery pick by trading a valuble vet PG that we don't know if we were going to spend on big to keep next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gt4403 said:

Can some of our Cap experts clear something up? According to Hoopshype, we had 52 million committed before the trade. Now we have approximately 44 million. With Horford's Caphold at 18 million that would take us up to 62 million. I believe the new cap is 94 million. Does that mean we now have 32 million to work with even including Horford?

Yea - that's the way I understand it. Would probably need to slot in cap hits for the #12 and #21 pick ($1,931,900 and $1,249,800, respectively), but that's what I am getting to.

Just now, thescout5 said:

Hawks always have to clear cap space while the Cavs and Warriors always find ways to keep or add new quality players what's wrong with this picture.Hawks front office doesn't measure up.

We can  mimmic their technique by signing Al last but unfortunately Al is not LeBron. 

1 minute ago, thescout5 said:

Hawks always have to clear cap space while the Cavs and Warriors always find ways to keep or add new quality players what's wrong with this picture.Hawks front office doesn't measure up.

Well, in all fairness, lots of players are willing to take less to play with LaBronna.  Not so much for Horford and Millsap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thescout5 said:

They get impact minutes from cheap young players. Well the Warriors do. We don't. 

The cavs on the other hand....I have no idea. 

23 minutes ago, Watchman said:

If the other free agent is Bazemore, then we are worse than we were when the day started.  Same team, with one less good point guard, and 2 first round picks that will probably become some thoroughly mediocre guy and 2 second rounders.  Sorry, but we don't do drafting.

That is true but the fact remains we needed to move salary to clear space for Durant, Dwight, Batum, Barnes, Whiteside, Fournie, Baze, Bitombo, etc....and whoever the other free agents are that will be getting overpaid that allya want.

20 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"That's right, Bawb."

Can somebody go check on Bob? Between the Dream's 2OT loss, thousands of screaming children and the NBA trade winds blowing, he might be a tad  disoriented. Besides, wasn't this kinda the way Daniel Bryan got started?

~lw3

Hey @lethalweapon3, my kid was one of the the screamers

Would anyone be saying the same thing next year at the trade deadline when we couldn't get more than three second rounders and cash considerations for Jeff. We would lose him otherwise.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, thescout5 said:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm a fan of Jaylen but if we don't get him I wouldn't be disappointed. Honestly if we do keep the picks I just hope that we actually use them on players that will be able to play for us. 

I feel like someone will fall just like every year and we should take the risk this time around. Just can't invision dealing Jeff just to bring back Horf and Baze alone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flight said:

I'm a fan of Jaylen but if we don't get him I wouldn't be disappointed. Honestly if we do keep the picks I just hope that we actually use them on players that will be able to play for us. 

I feel like someone will fall just like every year and we should take the risk this time around. Just can't invision dealing Jeff just to bring back Horf and Baze alone. 

I sincerely hope not.