• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trading Out.

Diesel

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

A trade rumors that has a lot of legs is 12, Thabo and 44 for 8.

Another one from my perspective is 6 and Azik for 12 and Splitter. 

One last one from my perspective is 6 for 12, 44, Minny 1st and THJr.

Is Buddy worth giving up Thabo?...I say that cause the rumor is that the Hawks are most intrigued with buddy so I'm assuming they are trying to find a way to grab him. 

I like the trade involving splitter/12th pick for Asik/6th pick but why would the Pelicans do this? That is my question unless they really hate asik 

the last one I like as well though I would like to see hardaway Jr. In this system one more year before we let him go.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We need to move off of #12.  I just looked up the last #12 selections from 2000............

12th Overall NBA Draft Picks
Year Player Drafted From Drafted By
2013 Steven Adams Pittsburgh Oklahoma
2012 Jeremy Lamb Connecticut Houston
2011 Alec Burks Colorado Utah
2010 Xavier Henry Kansas Memphis
2009 Gerald Henderson Duke Charlotte
2008 Jason Thompson Rider Sacramento
2007 Thaddeus Young Georgia Tech Philadelphia
2006 Hilton Armstrong Connecticut New Orleans
2005 Yaroslav Korolev Rus. 1987 LA Clippers
2004 Robert Swift CA HSSr. Seattle
2003 Nick Collison Kansas Sr. Seattle
2002 Melvin Ely Fresno St. Sr. LA Clippers
2001 Vladimir Radmanovic Yugoslavia 1980 Seattle
2000 Etan Thomas Syracuse Sr. Dallas

giphy.gif

Ok I almost used a "like" here...damn u

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They did it before - GHill for #15 pick.

Boom.  Suck it, Diesel.

Rumors are the Nets are dangling Thad Young out there for a 1st.  Would he be a better fit than Anderson for the 21?

We have to make two really good picks in the first round, trade picks/players to draft a future stud, or trade picks/players to get a good starter already in the league. We can't waste another draft. Finally pulling the trigger on Teague makes me hopeful that they're ready to step outside of their comfort zone a bit and aim high. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

We have to make two really good picks in the first round, trade picks/players to draft a future stud, or trade picks/players to get a good starter already in the league. We can't waste another draft. Finally pulling the trigger on Teague makes me hopeful that they're ready to step outside of their comfort zone a bit and aim high. 

facebook-like.gif

Rumor from espn is we are offering our to teams in the late teens trying to get an established player with the pick. I would hate to see us move back to get some shit like Tony Allen to move from 12 to 17.  Shit like this is why I hate GM Bud.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Rumor from espn is we are offering our to teams in the late teens trying to get an established player with the pick. I would hate to see us move back to get some shit like Tony Allen to move from 12 to 17.  Shit like this is why I hate GM Bud.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

The whole "preserve cap space" thing doesn't make any sense to me. We have the space for Al already and I don't see too many top FAs that are likely to sign here. Idk... Maybe some agents have told our FO that their players are interested in signing here, but I doubt it.

I honestly don't think espn knows what we are going to do. They are asking other GMs and just reporting what they hear as potential offers 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

The whole "preserve cap space" thing doesn't make any sense to me. We have the space for Al already and I don't see too many top FAs that are likely to sign here. Idk... Maybe some agents have told our FO that their players are interested in signing here, but I doubt it.

Agree totally on the preserve cap space thing.  Just stupid.  Either we aren't doing it or it has nothing to do with cap space and everything to do with budget.  They are different things.  There is no value in preserving cap space to use on the portion of Horf's contract above his cap hold.

16 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I honestly don't think espn knows what we are going to do. They are asking other GMs and just reporting what they hear as potential offers 

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agree totally on the preserve cap space thing.  Just stupid.  Either we aren't doing it or it has nothing to do with cap space and everything to do with budget.  They are different things.  There is no value in preserving cap space to use on the portion of Horf's contract above his cap hold.

giphy.gif

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I have been listening to Pacers radio and they make a great case.   They said.. who in their right mind trades a quality player for a midfirst.  They are ragging the Hawks because nobody understands what we get from the trade unless we're rebuilding. 

I have to agree.   

However, this statement that the Hawks are trying to parlay picks to appease Horford???

We're the biggest losers fellas. 

• Like 1

Just now, Diesel said:

I have been listening to Pacers radio and they make a great case.   They said.. who in their right mind trades a quality player for a midfirst.  They are ragging the Hawks because nobody understands what we get from the trade unless we're rebuilding. 

I have to agree.   

However, this statement that the Hawks are trying to parlay picks to appease Horford???

I agree. This makes too little sense. All of the top tier talent at 12 is bigs. This is a weak wing class outside of the top 8 or 9. We gotta be targeting a player or we think we can get someone significant in return. I don't get it but like I said, tonight will decide my option. I have zero patience with his group. I am getting sick of them.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I have to agree.   

The Pacers make a great case.  Who would ever trade a quality player for a midfirst?  Obviously, the team getting the quality player wins every time.

grant_g_leonard-hill01jr_640.jpg

Oh, and STFU Pacers.  Enjoy Teague and move on.  We need to see what the team does with the cap space and the pick before judging.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Pacers make a great case.  Who would ever trade a quality player for a midfirst?  Obviously, the team getting the quality player wins every time.

grant_g_leonard-hill01jr_640.jpg

Oh, and STFU Pacers.  Enjoy Teague and move on.  We need to see what the team does with the cap space and the pick before judging.

giphy.gif

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. This makes too little sense. All of the top tier talent at 12 is bigs. This is a weak wing class outside of the top 8 or 9. We gotta be targeting a player or we think we can get someone significant in return. I don't get it but like I said, tonight will decide my option. I have zero patience with his group. I am getting sick of them.

Here are my thoughts from Pacer Radio:

Pacer's radio is ragging us hard.  They make it sound like we won't get Al back either.   They speak of us going back to empty seats in Atlanta. (Have we ever left empty seats in Atlanta?)

Who the hell is AJ Hammond?

Here's my thoughts from Atlanta Hawks Radio:

On draftday.. why are we talking about the Falcons??

Atlanta Hawks coverage Suck.

I'm all over this Gucci man concert!!  Not!!

Really... A High School football camp report??

680 the fan...  talking about the Mets??  Really??

Here's my thoughts from Utah Jazz Radio:

Is this a sports station or a Country music station?

They represent a state with no other major sports but Basketball.. And they are not talking about basketball??

It's sad that I can go on Indy radio and they talk more about the Hawks than anybody in Atlanta?!