• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WELCOME TO THE HAWKS TAUREAN PRINCE

TheFuzz

39 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kenneth Faried

He's a shorter version of Faried . . . with a jumpshot and handles.

He's actually a half an inch taller with a higher standing vert and max vert than Faried while only being 5 pounds lighter coming out of college.

He is a cross between Carroll, Faried and a sprinkle of Draymond. I say Draymond because of his ability to straight line drive, rebound and defend 1 thru 4 while still having a little handle.  Jack of most trades, master of none as of yet...

• Like 3

Took awhile for me to warm up to the pick. I think he'll just play "forward".  He should be able to play small ball 4 with Howard. I see alot of Crash in his game. Hopefully a much better shooter.

Nothing intending to start alienate players but I like Bembry better. He's my darkhorse to be starting small forward sometime during the season.

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kenneth Faried

ROFL.  No he's not.  Just because they both have dreads doesn't mean they play the same.  Prince has way better range and I think Faried might be a bit more athletic.

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kenneth Faried

More like a taller version of Devonta Freeman . . . only slower and a basketball player.

Edited by High5
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ATLSmith said:

ROFL.  No he's not.  Just because they both have dreads doesn't mean they play the same.  Prince has way better range and I think Faried might be a bit more athletic.

According to the combine numbers, Prince is a little more athletic.

Prince

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Taurean-Prince-65231/stats/

34" no step vert and 36" max vert

Kenneth

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kenneth-Faried-5325/

30" no step vert and 35" max vert

The difference is the standing reach.  Faried's standing reach is 9 feet while Prince's is 8' 6" (although their wingspans are nearly identical, and even weirder, when Prince was measured b4 at USA camp, standing reach was 8' 10" 1/2....  May be due to Prince's broad shoulders, but doesn't explain him shrinking)

Their games are different but one thing they both do well is offensively rebound.  Faried averaged a whooping 3.5 offensive boards butttttt Prince averaged 2.6, which is pretty damn good for a small forward.  He can hit the boards hard.  Exactly what we need...

Edited by gHost83
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

According to the combine numbers, Prince is a little more athletic.

Prince

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Taurean-Prince-65231/stats/

34" no step vert and 36" max vert

Kenneth

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kenneth-Faried-5325/

30" no step vert and 35" max vert

The difference is the standing reach.  Faried's standing reach is 9 feet while Prince's is 8' 6" (although their wingspans are nearly identical, and even weirder, when Prince was measured b4 at USA camp, standing reach was 8' 10" 1/2....  May be due to Prince's broad shoulders, but doesn't explain him shrinking)

Their games are different but one thing they both do well is offensive rebound.  Faried averaged a whooping 3.5 offensive boards butttttt Prince averaged 2.6, which is pretty damn good for a small forward.  He can hit the boards hard.  Exactly what we need...

Yea, I feel like Faried is more of a slasher and a bit more explosive wile Prince is more fluid.

7 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Yea, I feel like Faried is more of a slasher and a bit more explosive wile Prince is more fluid.

We were drafting a 3 and D for the small forward position so Faried is not a good Budball comparison to me. Prince is built like a typical small forward in the NBA and will play that position.

The thing is with this guy (IMO) is that - while he must be a very good player - his team (Baylor) - lost to the Georgia State University Panthers in the first round of the NCAA tourney and then turned around and lost to Yale University in the first round the next year.   Two MAJOR upsets.  Surely he wasn't the only player on Baylor that was any good - so - wouldn't one expect that he could have done something to get the "Bears" over the hump and at least win a game?

4 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

The thing is with this guy (IMO) is that - while he must be a very good player - his team (Baylor) - lost to the Georgia State University Panthers in the first round of the NCAA tourney and then turned around and lost to Yale University in the first round the next year.   Two MAJOR upsets.  Surely he wasn't the only player on Baylor that was any good - so - wouldn't one expect that he could have done something to get the "Bears" over the hump and at least win a game?

He did something...  He basically carried  the team.

Prince was the highest scoring player in both games.  18 pts and 15 rebounds vs GA State and 28 pts vs Yale.

http://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball-men/d1/2016/03/17/yale-baylor/boxscore

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400785450

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

I follow Baylor; my dad went to school there. TWP was literally almost the only offensive weapon on that team after Austin, Heslip, Jefferson, and O'Neale left. BU would typically go on hot and cold offensive streaks with TWP being about the only consistent thing. Occasionally a guy like Jonathan Motley or Keny Chery (graduated after the GSU season) would provide offense but that's about it.

As for TWP, he'll also go on hot and cold offensives streaks himself. The main difference is that he won't be practically the only offensive weapon on the Hawks like he was the past two seasons at BU.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Kimsey said:

Nothing intending to start alienate players but I like Bembry better. He's my darkhorse to be starting small forward sometime during the season.

I'm intrigued by Bembry as well.  He seems to have been better at rebounding, driving the ball and passing the ball in college but a much worse shooter.  Agree with you that he shouldn't be overlooked.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm intrigued by Bembry as well.  He seems to have been better at rebounding, driving the ball and passing the ball in college but a much worse shooter.  Agree with you that he shouldn't be overlooked.  

I just like we have an player other than our PG that can handle the ball.

This kid Prince has me really excited. He is always speaking about out working people and going the distance that others won't. This work ethic combined with his physical stature has me really excited for his future with us. I'm starting to understand why we reached for him at #12. We might have gotten a steal. Time will tell but many good signs so far.

14 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

This kid Prince has me really excited. He is always speaking about out working people and going the distance that others won't. This work ethic combined with his physical stature has me really excited for his future with us. I'm starting to understand why we reached for him at #12. We might have gotten a steal. Time will tell but many good signs so far.

The New Junk Yard Dawg!

• Like 1