• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WELCOME TO THE HAWKS TAUREAN PRINCE

TheFuzz

Attitude.  Basketball IQ.  Coachability.

These are some of the things that the Hawks look for.  Although, who can run the fastest and jump the

highest are important, Atlanta looks deeper.  Sounds like a good pick to me.

Two first round picks and I expect to see both on the floor for a few minutes each game before the

all star break.  Same with our newly signed PG from over seas.

GO HAWKS !!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2016 at 8:39 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I have a question?

I've heard all the DMC comparisons to this kid, and I get it - both dark skinned, dreads, plays SF.:biggrin:

I've just watch some videos (yes I'm moving on from you know who) and 4 things stood out: he's more athletic than DMC, he has waaaay better handles than DMC which was disastrous, he has deep range on his 3pt shot, he had a few post moves on smaller players.

So my question is - who is his NBA comparison OTHER than DMC?

DMC 2.0 he's coming  in with the same talents DeMarre left us with which is great for a rookie because he should do nothing but improve. Definitely more athletic than DMC but DMC is a dead on comparison atleast for right now.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, sillent said:

DMC 2.0 he's coming  in with the same talents DeMarre left us with which is great for a rookie because he should do nothing but improve. Definitely more athletic than DMC but DMC is a dead on comparison atleast for right now.

Hope (the SF formerly known as) Prince's 4 years in college, high motor, tenacious D, rebounding, long range, high BBIQ, and coachability have him starting by the All-Star break. Will help greatly, and make the lottery pick look like a smart choice and not a reach. I think we have our DMC 2.0 back too.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, hazer said:

Hope (the SF formerly known as) Prince's 4 years in college, high motor, tenacious D, rebounding, long range, high BBIQ, and coachability have him starting by the All-Star break. Will help greatly, and make the lottery pick look like a smart choice and not a reach. I think we have our DMC 2.0 back too.

Prince is likely to start the season as player #5 in a 4 man wing rotation behind Korver, Baze, Thabo, and Hardaway. Let's allow him the time to be a rookie and even crack the 4 deep rotation before talking about him possibly starting at some point this year. Barring injuries and perhaps a few spot starts here and there, I think the earliest he is a regular starter is the 2017 season.

22 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Prince is likely to start the season as player #5 in a 4 man wing rotation behind Korver, Baze, Thabo, and Hardaway. Let's allow him the time to be a rookie and even crack the 4 deep rotation before talking about him possibly starting at some point this year. Barring injuries and perhaps a few spot starts here and there, I think the earliest he is a regular starter is the 2017 season.

We shall see :approved:

On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 8:19 PM, RandomFan said:

Bazemore
Is
Only
A
Small
Forward
Due
to
Bud's
Love
for
Korver.

He
is
not
a
long
term
solution
at
SF
no
matter
how
much
Bud
tries
to
say
SF
and
SG
are
interchangeable
in
this
System.

As far as I care, the SG depth chart two deep is Bazemore/Korver and the SF depth chart is Sefolosha/Prince. If Korver starts again, while I like him, I may go off the wall about it. He's not a starter unless he's shooting at an insane clip from three. He is a 22-25 MPG player.

• Like 4

Measurables wise....he is a Scottie Pippen clone out of college.  Pippen 6'7", 212, 7' wingspan. Prince 6'7", 220, 6'11.5" wingspan. Hard to compare stats because Pippen dominated at a much smaller college level (Central Arkansas) and against weaker competition. But style of play, size, defensive presence, the two are very comparable.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Measurables wise....he is a Scottie Pippen clone out of college.  Pippen 6'7", 212, 7' wingspan. Prince 6'7", 220, 6'11.5" wingspan. Hard to compare stats because Pippen dominated at a much smaller college level (Central Arkansas) and against weaker competition. But style of play, size, defensive presence, the two are very comparable.

You are setting the bar wayyyyy too high for him.  Ignoring what Pippen became, Pip was the #5 pick in a draft that saw guys like Ho Grant and Kevin Johnson go after him in the lottery.  No way in the world does Prince go before those guys.  Heck, some projected Prince in the second round a week before the draft and no one projected him in the lottery.  Just different level prospects.

If Prince turns out half as good as Pippen, we will be in great shape.

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we have a couple of studs. Prince kinda reminds me, confidence wise of Draymond Green in his rookie year. I was watching the Warriors at Miami in Green's rookie year and he swatted a Lebron shot at yelled.."GET THAT $HIT OUTTA HERE!!! Lebron kind of looked at him like...isn't there a rule that rookies aren't supposed to talk trash to me? Lol.

Prince might give Lebron round 2 of the rookie trash talk, at least I hope he does.