• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WELCOME TO THE HAWKS TAUREAN PRINCE

TheFuzz

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Thinking Prince will earn some minutes fairly soon. Hoping so. Welcome aboard Taurean.

Me too. I see Bud likes playing vets over younger guys, hopefully he makes a special case with Prince. Can't teach size.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question?

I've heard all the DMC comparisons to this kid, and I get it - both dark skinned, dreads, plays SF.:biggrin:

I've just watch some videos (yes I'm moving on from you know who) and 4 things stood out: he's more athletic than DMC, he has waaaay better handles than DMC which was disastrous, he has deep range on his 3pt shot, he had a few post moves on smaller players.

So my question is - who is his NBA comparison OTHER than DMC?

On 24 giugno 2016 at 5:37 AM, BigDog90 said:

Me too. I see Bud likes playing vets over younger guys, hopefully he makes a special case with Prince. Can't teach size.

Bud preferred vets over younger guys because they were not ready.

if Prince can give his contribution straight away, he'll play 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have a question?

I've heard all the DMC comparisons to this kid, and I get it - both dark skinned, dreads, plays SF.:biggrin:

I've just watch some videos (yes I'm moving on from you know who) and 4 things stood out: he's more athletic than DMC, he has waaaay better handles than DMC which was disastrous, he has deep range on his 3pt shot, he had a few post moves on smaller players.

I would say an intelligent Gerald Wallace comes to mind. I think this guy is going to be a fan favorite from day 1. I thought we reached for him but the more I think about it, the more I realize that if you want a guy in the draft, it doesn't matter where you get him, in the end, it just matters that you got him.

Best fan favorite since Zaza from day 1.

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have a question?

:thinking: I'm gonna say Wilson Chandler

Keep in mind that i have never watched Prince play. I have only watched 5 minutes of highlights and read a description of his strengths / weaknesses .
So my opinion highly suspect :blush:

18 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I would say an intelligent Gerald Wallace comes to mind. I think this guy is going to be a fan favorite from day 1. I thought we reached for him but the more I think about it, the more I realize that if you want a guy in the draft, it doesn't matter where you get him, in the end, it just matters that you got him.

Best fan favorite since Zaza from day 1.

Thanks but I was looking for a current player, lol.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thanks but I was looking for a current player, lol.

Well geez I'm sorry. I forgot about your short term memory loss. Lol. I'm talking about a guy who played a couple years ago here not Bob Cousy lol. 

Price already 9th on rookie ladder

9. Taurean Prince, Atlanta Hawks

Prince could become the 2016-17 version of Denver's Nikola Jokic (albeit at a different position): a solid contributor on a team with bigger names, producing in several areas without posting gaudy numbers anywhere. Prince will defend, is projected to become at least a decent 3-point threat and maybe more, and has the benefit of playing four years at Baylor. Plus, playing a big role on a good team, if it happens, would look especially good during the actual season.

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

Someone from this board mentioned prince back in either December or January I want to say it was @Diesel but I don't remember for sure. 

Whoever it was I started paying attention to Prince from the time he was mentioned and caught a good amount of his games. The guy plays with so much energy that's why I believe he's compared to DMC! 

Outside of basketball skills this man energy is off the charts like dmc and his skills top off his energetic play. He's not going to come in being better than DMC by any means unless he really surprises us but can he start from day one? ....yes I can realistically see that!

He has the SF height and frame. He can hit the 3, play good defense (at college level I'm sure he can transition that to the NBA) , and he's a true hustler....I wanted him with either pick. Don't blame bud for getting this guy he knows what he got in him.

he has the fan favorite  like play.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JTB said:

Someone from this board mentioned prince back in either December or January I want to say it was @Diesel but I don't remember for sure. 

Whoever it was I started paying attention to Prince from the time he was mentioned and caught a good amount of his games. The guy plays with so much energy that's why I believe he's compared to DMC! 

Outside of basketball skills this man energy is off the charts like dmc and his skills top off his energetic play. He's not going to come in being better than DMC by any means unless he really surprises us but can he start from day one? ....yes I can realistically see that!

He has the SF height and frame. He can hit the 3, play good defense (at college level I'm sure he can transition that to the NBA) , and he's a true hustler....I wanted him with either pick. Don't blame bud for getting this guy he knows what he got in him.

he has the fan favorite  like play.

It was yours truly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrYellow said:

Bud preferred vets over younger guys because they were not ready.

if Prince can give his contribution straight away, he'll play 

I hope so. I like his size.

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have a question?

Kenneth Faried

He's a shorter version of Faried . . . with a jumpshot and handles.

• Like 1