Anyone else worried about Horford to OKC?

ATLien_

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

When you ignore defense, Kanter looks really good.

He's getting better and he's only 24.

Picking up a Kanter would mean that we would have to be thoughtful in how we used him on defense.   No hedging. 

I think Paul would make a great Frontcourt mate with him.   Morevoer, he gives a big body to shoot over.

• Moderators

As a former UK kid, I know he has value.  He just won't fit every team.  OKC has a defensive beast in Adams and can selectively deploy Kanter when matchups are favorable so his numbers will look better in a limited role like in OKC versus becoming a team's main center.  It takes the right situation to make Kanter work as a starter.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

We can't do anything like what I suggested anyway.  Illyasova becomes OKC by tomorrow.  (48 hours).  In my trade suggestion, Illyasova is a great pick for us.  He could definitely take some time from Sap and give us another three and D guy.  In absence of him in this SNT,  there's Waiters... but that dude Sucks.  There's also Singler, but that dude Sucks too.   If I had to choose, I wouldn't.  I would make the trade for Kanter, Sabonis, and a future first. 

OKC may waive Illyasova, his contract isn't fully guaranteed. Would give OKC some financial flexibility to make a move in FA. Illyasova sucks on defense. 

Kanter, Sabonis, future 1st would be nice. Lol knowing the Hawks they'd want Westbrook back.

Just now, BigDog90 said:

OKC may waive Illyasova, his contract isn't fully guaranteed. Would give OKC some financial flexibility to make a move in FA. Illyasova sucks on defense. 

Kanter, Sabonis, future 1st would be nice. Lol knowing the Hawks they'd want Westbrook back.

OKC already said they would guarantee his contract. 

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

OKC already said they would guarantee his contract. 

Oh, didn't know that. Good looking out! Cheaper than overpaying for Ryan Anderson.

Edited by BigDog90

I'll play.....

OKC can send us Sabonis, McCrary, a future 1st round  pick and Enes. Then we can reroute Enes to another team, any suggestions?

1 hour ago, ATLien_ said:

That's really not that hard they can trade to teams under the Cap for picks. I looked  at ESPN trade machine if they trade Kanter and and Ilyasova they are there. With Sabonis coming in that makes Kanter expendable. They could also trade waiters and another filler player if they want to keep Ilyasova.

Trading two or three players is not difficult if your doing cap dumps and they are actually good players. 

Waiters and Illyasova were not included in the cap numbers I posted. Waiters is a free agent. 

So it'll have to be other players that get moved.

47 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Don't challenge supes on anything Horford related. That's his brother. (And by brother I mean they are related)

I know.  I like to mess with him to see how close I can get him to snapping.  #OffseasonFun

44 minutes ago, Germantor said:

How often does he put up numbers????

It's not about the raw nimbers with Alice (for better or worse), he usually has a positive impact on the game on both ends when he plays.  Kanter is just a scoring/reboarding demon.  If you can keep him from giving it up (like @Spud2Nique gives up his 'likes') on the defensive end, you have something.  If not?  Well ....

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll play.....

OKC can send us Sabonis, McCrary, a future 1st round  pick and Enes. Then we can reroute Enes to another team, any suggestions?

We can send Enes to the Mavs, Pelicans, Brooklyn, Houston, haven't figured out for who as yet though.