• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else worried about Horford to OKC?

ATLien_

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OKC has sixty million in committed salary, add Durant's caphold - they have nothing.  They'd have to move $27 million in capspace to give Al a 4 yr max - Enes ($17 mil) plus $10 million more.

If Durant leaves, they'd have space but then why would Al go there with Westbrook leaving the following year?

That's really not that hard they can trade to teams under the Cap for picks. I looked  at ESPN trade machine if they trade Kanter and and Ilyasova they are there. With Sabonis coming in that makes Kanter expendable. They could also trade waiters and another filler player if they want to keep Ilyasova.

Trading two or three players is not difficult if your doing cap dumps and they are actually good players. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Hawks should ask for more than that like Roberson and Steven Adams to start it off.

We can't do anything like what I suggested anyway.  Illyasova becomes OKC by tomorrow.  (48 hours).  In my trade suggestion, Illyasova is a great pick for us.  He could definitely take some time from Sap and give us another three and D guy.  In absence of him in this SNT,  there's Waiters... but that dude Sucks.  There's also Singler, but that dude Sucks too.   If I had to choose, I wouldn't.  I would make the trade for Kanter, Sabonis, and a future first. 

30 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Are you kidding?  Enes makes $17 mil per year?  Wow, that's crazy.

Yep, that's why I'm not concerned about "maxing" Al.  That's the going rate nowadays.

Also, Al to OKC actually makes sense for them.  SnT for a pkg around Kanter.  It'd be a decent return for us if Al truly wants to leave.  I'm not saying he'd be ideal so don't jump all over me (lookin' at you @NBASupes).  Just saying we could do worse.

They can keep Iilyasova.

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

Al cares only about money.  Why do you think he's become ultra soft and never goes near the paint?  He was worried about getting hurt and did it all for this summer.  He's getting money no matter where he goes.  Whichever team offers him the most and that is the Hawks will end up with him.

Well Id be scared to if i had back to back pec injuries. 

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yep, that's why I'm not concerned about "maxing" Al.  That's the going rate nowadays.

Also, Al to OKC actually makes sense for them.  SnT for a pkg around Kanter.  It'd be a decent return for us if Al truly wants to leave.  I'm not saying he'd be ideal so don't jump all over me (lookin' at you @NBASupes).  Just saying we could do worse.

They can keep Iilyasova.

Kanter one of the worst defensive players in the NBA. Horford is one of the best at his position. 

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kanter one of the worst defensive players in the NBA. Horford is one of the best at his position. 

Yeah, we all know that.  So what do you do if Al says, "Hey guys I wanna sign with OKC, would you work a SnT?"  Just tell him, no thanks we'll take nothing instead.  Kanter could at least be an asset to trade.

2 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

I've have to admit my first thought after the Ibaka trade was they are making room for Horford  at PF. It just makes too much sense.

Donovan is the OKC head coach and won two rings with Horford as his best player  in college. Rumors of Kevin Durant wanting to play with Horford. To a lesser extent Horford wanting us to draft Adams.

I'm sure they would have to free up some cap space, but they actually have players people want. I do think Al Horford  will take less to win a ring. Al's never struck  me as a money guy. He wants to win a ring. 

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't like how these tea leaves are reading. 

OKC, San Antonio and Golden  state front offices are tops  by far. I'm worried about them coming fo Al. I know most you aren't though because he sucks and no team should pay him :).

If Oklahoma City gets Horford, they will win the championship. You are correct, Donovan knows exactly how to use Horford. Down on the blocks where he belongs:   He can still mix it up by spreading Horford opposite Durant on the floor, but his main advantage is on the blocks. If Horford REALLY wants to win a championship, OKC would be his move:

floridas-al-horford-is-all-smiles-with-h

73626564-al-horford-of-the-florida-gator

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Al cares only about money.  Why do you think he's become ultra soft and never goes near the paint?  He was worried about getting hurt and did it all for this summer.  He's getting money no matter where he goes.  Whichever team offers him the most and that is the Hawks will end up with him.

He is soft for sure. .like b to get a center next to him..I think he want like to play with Noah again but I think he leaves myself..hump can put up his numbers 

44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah, we all know that.  So what do you do if Al says, "Hey guys I wanna sign with OKC, would you work a SnT?"  Just tell him, no thanks we'll take nothing instead.  Kanter could at least be an asset to trade.

4 minutes ago, Germantor said:

He is soft for sure. .like b to get a center next to him..I think he want like to play with Noah again but I think he leaves myself..hump can put up his numbers 

Al is not and never has been a 4.  And, no, hump couldn't put up his numbers or have the impact Al has.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I tell him we want to keep him and ask how the hell he thinks OKC is going to clear the space for him.  

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Al is not and never has been a 4.  And, no, hump couldn't put up his numbers or have the impact Al has.

Don't challenge supes on anything Horford related. That's his brother. (And by brother I mean they are related)

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

How often does he put up numbers????

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

When you ignore defense, Kanter looks really good.

He wasn't as bad defensively this year as last year. The Lineup with Enes Kanter for OKC was the best lineup in the entire league, so I think he has value. His advanced offensive metrics and rebounding are ate elite levels.

Edited by Atlantaholic