• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One thing a lot of people are forgetting.

Buzzard

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dennis will never become a player who runs an offense.  His basketball intelligence is severely lacking.  He is not a willing passer and is a turnover machine waiting to happen.  He doesn't make the players around him better and he he's a punk.  

So he's lacking huh ,look here sir in the game of basketball if you don't have the  confidence in your game you don't need to be playing it. An DS17 has the confidence, swagger passion heart for the game of the NBA . Every player in the nba turn the ball even the great ones and a lot are not willing passers. Shade throwing is what you do please stop it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LikejRod29 said:

So he's lacking huh ,look here sir in the game of basketball if you don't have the  confidence in your game you don't need to be playing it. An DS17 has the confidence, swagger passion heart for the game of the NBA . Every player in the nba turn the ball even the great ones and a lot are not willing passers. Shade throwing is what you do please stop it. 

FYI he won't ever stop. Lol

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know what Dennis can and will be, the only thing I know right now is that Teague was not the answer going forward.

I think Dennis is our guy. He's so young and he has the necessary experience as well as confidence to run his own show. I don't understand these posters that say he can't pass the ball...do they think Teague is a better passer? Lol. I honestly think some people don't watch any games, they just look at stats. Smh. 

58 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dennis will never become a player who runs an offense.  His basketball intelligence is severely lacking.  He is not a willing passer and is a turnover machine waiting to happen.  He doesn't make the players around him better and he he's a punk.  

Dennis gels with our bigs man. He is constantly hitting Horford and SAP with good passes in good spots. Horford and SAP absolutely love him.  What he needs to work on is his kick outs to our shooters. He gets himself in trouble sometimes with his dribble penetration and ends up with no where to go. He is only 22 years old though and way ahead of most players his age. 

He is going to be better than just a fill in for Teague. We will be better with him starting. No way Teague would have stayed next season, if he was benched and getting 20 mpg behind Dennis. This move needed to be made for many reasons. Simple as that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LikejRod29 said:

Man stop lying to yourselfMan stop lying to yourself

None of what I said was false.  

2 hours ago, LikejRod29 said:

I understood what you were saying (didn't agree with it) until the last sentence.  You lost me on that part.

Shredder is only 22. Twenty. Two. And is eat UP with dawg. He'll be a perennial All-Star. Bookmarking this post...

• Like 1

I don't dislike Ice Teague, very skilled. He's just too timid, inconsistent, and disappears. He lacks that certain something to take him to the next level. The same thing Shredder has in abundance, was born with. Teague will do great with Indy, good for him going home and good for them being giddy. Shredder will do great with Atlanta, some of his passes are already a thing of beauty at age 22. Teague eating Shredder's lunch when they match up? I think some of y'all have that backwards.....

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hazer said:

I don't dislike Ice Teague, very skilled. He's just too timid, inconsistent, and disappears. He lacks that certain something to take him to the next level. The same thing Shredder has in abundance, was born with. Teague will do great with Indy, good for him going home and good for them being giddy. Shredder will do great with Atlanta, some of his passes are already a thing of beauty at age 22. Teague eating Shredder's lunch when they match up? I think some of y'all have that backwards.....

No doubt

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes  we do.....he sucked too many times when we didn't need him to. 

Yes @Spud2Nique my patience has worn thin.

But seriously though - we moved Teague for the same reason SAS moved GHill, RC Buford realized they had to get bigger, younger and more athletic on the wing. The Hawks needed to do the same.

Poor JayBird. 

He sucked and so did Dennis.   You guys act like Dennis coming in and having 2 good games against the Cavs erased most of the season where we were happy that there was a bench for him to go to.  People talk about Dennis and says he needs to develop.   They talk about Teague as the steady hand.   That is why I said that they were a great combination.    Let's wait to see who Dennis' backup will be and see how long he will be the backup. 

Again.  We have no real knowledge of why we moved Teague but like I said before.. this we do know.. there is a lot of pressure on Prince and a lot of pressure on Dennis to produce. 

Just now, Diesel said:

Poor JayBird. 

He sucked and so did Dennis.   You guys act like Dennis coming in and having 2 good games against the Cavs erased most of the season where we were happy that there was a bench for him to go to.  People talk about Dennis and says he needs to develop.   They talk about Teague as the steady hand.   That is why I said that they were a great combination.    Let's wait to see who Dennis' backup will be and see how long he will be the backup. 

Again.  We have no real knowledge of why we moved Teague but like I said before.. this we do know.. there is a lot of pressure on Prince and a lot of pressure on Dennis to produce. 

Dennis is not a seasoned vet yet and former all-star. Look man Teague was wearing thin here and I would not doubt he wanted out. He needs a new scene and new threads to maybe reignite some passion for him. It was time

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Buzzard said:

My point is they did know. They had a draft board up and took BPA at 12. Its that simple for most of us to understand. For some reason you don't think we had a big board. I do not understand that thought process at all. We had ESPN announcers screaming take Davis or Skal, well 20 other GMs agreed with us also and passed on them as well.

You are speculating again that we have weakened our team by trading Teague and adding Prince and Bembry. Almost every draft grade out there gives us a B and says adding those wing players was a solid move. They think we could have taken Prince and Bembry later, good for them. Speculate on; the fact is we had a solid draft.

I am not going to let you rain on my parade Diesel. This is easily what I think is one of our best drafts in the past decade. I rank it right up there with the Schröder and Teague drafts. Is it better than the Horford draft? Maybe not but I am not going to rule that out.

When I said you don't make yourself weaker at a position of strength unless you KNOW...

What that means is that unless you are sure about the guy you are getting... So throw this BPA crap out the door.   Prince was our pick on the Big board and we said Prince or Bust... otherwise, the move makes very little sense. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Poor JayBird. 

Poor me?  At least I got you to admit Teague sucked, so poor you.

I'll take my 22 year old sucking as opposed to my veteran 27 year old. 

You can try and make it about the why all you want - fact remains he was on the trade block since the deadline.

So like Teague is gone from the Hawks, so am I with this thread. GONE!!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

Dennis is not a seasoned vet yet and former all-star. Look man Teague was wearing thin here and I would not doubt he wanted out. He needs a new scene and new threads to maybe reignite some passion for him. It was time

Teague was what every Hawks player becomes after while... Hated by fans. 

Look at the track record.

Nique then Willis then Mookie then Terry then Deke then Shareef then Harrington then  Childress then Bibby then Joe then Marvin then Smoove then Teague....

Al is next up on the clock. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Poor me?  At least I got you to admit Teague sucked, so poor you.

I'll take my 22 year old sucking as opposed to my veteran 27 year old. 

You can try and make it about the why all you want - fact remains he was on the trade block since the deadline.

So like Teague is gone from the Hawks, so am I with this thread. GONE!!

Former Allstar 16/7.... 40% from three. 

Teague's numbers speak for themselves.    Let's see what Dennis can do?

12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Teague was what every Hawks player becomes after while... Hated by fans. 

Look at the track record.

Nique then Willis then Mookie then Terry then Deke then Shareef then Harrington then  Childress then Bibby then Joe then Marvin then Smoove then Teague....

Al is next up on the clock. 

No one here hates any of those guys. Well maybe a couple would have legit dislike , but are you saying when a fan comes to the conclusion that its time to move on from someone they are hated? 

I will present the suggestion to you that everyone here is Hawks fans first and foremost. We are not superstar fanboys or bandwagon riders. These are legit fans man and legit fans wants what is best for our team. No Lebron or Koby fanboys here man and its a bit backhanded to suggest that any of those guys are hated. 

I would bet you got sick of seeing Josh launching poor shots all over from three. I know I did man and I also know that I have great moments from Josh that will last . I am grateful for those. Despite what he became he was a freak there for a time. Anyway just rambling now

53 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Poor JayBird. 

Holy crap, you're such a WONDERFUL PERSON THAT I JUST HAPPEN TO DISAGREE WITH.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

You guys act like Dennis coming in and having 2 good games against the Cavs erased most of the season where we were happy that there was a bench for him to go to.

Pure revisionist history right here. You're erasing the fact that a young adult had just over half of a season where he was playing fairly well. Yes, the other part was pretty bad, but you're showing absolutely zero confidence in a young adult and going. Wonderful, wonderful.

Know how people that age (about 18-24) would feel if you come straight up to them and say they can't do something and will never be able to figure out how to do it (or that they will never mature)? They would probably feel completely angry about how you feel.

Edited by Lurker