• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block #3: Luol Deng is our big FA target

NBASupes

If we brought back Horford and Baze and added Deng we could be quite good. Especially if Splitter has a decent bounce back and/or Edy becomes more of a contributor. But good enough to beat Cleveland? No. I don't think we're capable of piecing together a team that can beat Cleveland this season short of getting Durant. 

Edited by High5

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

The whole purpose is sharing what my source says. So far, he's been accurate. I do make threads by just me. The Eric Gordon one for example. 

Lol...uh...what exactly has he been accurate about?

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:
Just now, Dolfan23 said:

40447660.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol that is so damn perfect.. That is exactly what is going on here. There is no source or never has been. Cannot believe people still take Supes seriously

17 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

40447660.jpg

At least nothing has changed around here

Haha...not much...hessssss baaaacck folks!!!

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This was huge news to me. I been trying to figure out who we are targeting and it's Deng. Grant Hill and him have a great relationship and Miami wants to retain him. Miami and his agent have agreed to a range of 2/24 but Miami just doesn't have the cap room and Whiteside is pushing their hand as he really wants a max deal. Atlanta wants him for the same dollar value, but an extra year with for his BR. Deng has interest in Atlanta but there are teams who suck who are offering a lot more than Miami and Atlanta would be willing but they suck and no one who's a vet and good wants to play there.  You would be surprised who I heard is on the block and no it's not Sap or Kyle and I can't say.

Wilcox said it already so it's not news to no one but Atlanta wants to retain Al and Bazemore back. For Al, the max of course and for Baze, 10-12 mil. The market on Baze is around the same amount. Not too many teams want to overpay for Bazemore as there is a long list of average wings on the FA market. Other news is Atlanta is open to trades. This once again is NOT news since C. Viv already said this on 92.9 but it's news nonetheless. 

If Whiteside leaves, they can afford him. Deng at PF > Deng at SF. I wouldn't be surprised if Whiteside leaves MIA. I guess Hardaway is on the block.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So what? How does this mean we are going after an aging sf again? MThis whole topic is b.s. and would be a dumb move by Bud and company

28 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

So what? How does this mean we are going after an aging sf again? MThis whole topic is b.s. and would be a dumb move by Bud and company

No it doesn't, I just posted the video. No reason in theory. 

They say he had a great season, his numbers are all down, this guy doesnt score either, he does rebound, I guess thats it ? Deng would be fine, but yea I was really starting to like the idea of another big where Horf could move to PF sometimes - but I think horford is going to do more in the paint for us and get dirty, hes got nothing to lose now - and we played ball with him his way and this city loves him.  He said right after the loss to CLE his offseason was focused on working in the post.  We will see, but ideally Id like one more person than Deng if were not getting Durant, which looks to stay in OKC and he should.

38 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

They say he had a great season, his numbers are all down, this guy doesnt score either, he does rebound, I guess thats it ? Deng would be fine, but yea I was really starting to like the idea of another big where Horf could move to PF sometimes - but I think horford is going to do more in the paint for us and get dirty, hes got nothing to lose now - and we played ball with him his way and this city loves him.  He said right after the loss to CLE his offseason was focused on working in the post.  We will see, but ideally Id like one more person than Deng if were not getting Durant, which looks to stay in OKC and he should.

If nothing else Deng would get all his minutes at his true position of SF if we secure Al. Still, he physically is not what he was even two years ago because of Thibodeau's minutes abuse of him in that all out defensive scheme. He has the D part down but his 3 part is a question. On or off gun. Right now he's at ten million but what would he look for?

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

If nothing else Deng would get all his minutes at his true position of SF if we secure Al. Still, he physically is not what he was even two years ago.because of Thibodeau's minutes abuse of him in that all out defensive scheme. He has the D part down but his 3 part is a question. On or off gun. Right now he's at ten million but what would he look for?

so basically a lot more expensive thabo? With a little more offensive skill 

Deng didnt play SF last year ?  ok then maybe that will get him back up - only thing im seeing is his rebounding, saying we move Baze to the 2, I love his Def and the team should be the best DEF team we have had, but damn we need a scorer.  I think the hope Dennis can turn into something and Baze can improve, 

and what is CLE doing, do they have the cap to keep this team together, ??

Deng is done. Thibs wore him out in Chicago and I don't think his body has much more to give. No way would I sign him. He is entering his 14th year. I just can't I'm sorry.

13 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

f*** this man. Luol Deng provides nothing more than what Baze or Thabo provides just he'd be another aging bigger contract. Screw you Atlanta! Go some stones and go get Derozan! 

I'm not exactly sure Derozan is the answer either. He's a really good player. I just don't think he's the perfect fit for us. Just my opinion.