• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block #3: Luol Deng is our big FA target

NBASupes

Just now, Sothron said:

What I don't understand is why you don't just put the rumor out as completely as you can. No one here is going to ask for sources so it isn't like they can connect dots back to that person(s).

Because I post what I think matters. Most of the convos don't really include the Hawks. Like the Kevin Durant thing wasn't news to me. I didn't think he would leave anyway much less come to Atlanta. The trade rumor was interesting as it had legs but he said needed a lot to work. Most of the time I create threads, I am not trying to type all that much. 

Just now, Sothron said:

What I don't understand is why you don't just put the rumor out as completely as you can. No one here is going to ask for sources so it isn't like they can connect dots back to that person(s).

Yeah @Sothron all those riddles gotta stop like player X with the booger, in exchange for the googly eyed one contingent with the earwax dude moving.....what, give it to us straight. It makes my head hurt :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

Let me clarify something here. I never said I did not like supes cause I do , but I also think one of his better qualities is b.s. 

Supes is good with me

I do bs but not when I create these threads. Word on the block is not one of those threads if I have something to share. 

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

More teams in the mix for Al. I am not worried but everyone will call. 

I don't think we lose Al but in the very slim possibility that we do, it has to be a sign and trade and I don't want anything those teams have to offer.

15 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I don't think we lose Al but in the very slim possibility that we do, it has to be a sign and trade and I don't want anything those teams have to offer.

Why would it have to be a S&T? Can't the Celtics (who I think is the serious contender for him) sign him outright?

5 minutes ago, RWF said:

Why would it have to be a S&T? Can't the Celtics (who I think is the serious contender for him) sign him outright?

What @sturt said. He would want that extra year and $ so it's almost always a snt. 

3 minutes ago, RWF said:

Well then, I would want Crowder. Doubt they would give up on their rookie, but Brown too.

Ya I think those 2 would have to be in it plus a big guy to compensate for Al but I hate Sullinger and Kelly O doesn't impress me either. PLEASE COME BACK AL!!! Lol

8 hours ago, sturt said:

I think the point is that, to sign him for what we would sign him for, there would have to be a SnT since he's not likely to be leaving any money on the table.

SnT won't get him more money or an extra year, those days ended in the old CBA. Usually SnT are about getting full BR which is becoming extremely important to teams. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

SnT won't get him more money or an extra year, those days ended in the old CBA. Usually SnT are about getting full BR which is becoming extremely important to teams. 

Yep, true... thx for that correction. Never have to think about this stuff except for this time of year, and have to re-ignite those synapses.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yeah i tried following it but it made my head hurt.

I don't think my head has stopped hurting since the second playoff game of ours against the Cavs.

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

More teams in the mix for Al. I am not worried but everyone will call. 

I would be worried about Miami/Orlando/GSW for Al

Because they will pitch that Atlanta is a nice team but they will never get to the stage of the NBA finals and a bigger coverage than the one that he has here.  I know that SI was saying that Miami and Golden State has the best chance to get Durant.  In that case, Pat Riley could sway Al by saying that he will be back in Florida with Durant/Wade/Justice and himself as the core and that they can physical challenge Cavs for the ECF and better chance to win the finals.

But if he does signed with  Miami, then maybe we can do a SNT with them.

• Premium Member

Al won't take less money to go play for the Heat, Wizards, Pistons or Celtics.  Orlando now has Ibaka so they'll be out of it.  He could take less money if Golden State came calling, and he should go if they do.  But they're going after Durant.  For the record, I think Durant should go to Golden State if his decision is about winning titles immediately.  Shams Charania said on 92.9 that the Hawks were head strong about giving Al the max.  I don't see Al turning that down at this point in his career.

• Premium Member

If Miami lose Whiteside to the Lakers or Mavericks and don't get Durant I could see them offering Al a max contract with lower Florida taxes it could be tempting for Al.