• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Budcox should consider giving Chandler Parsons the max

JTB

47 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I don't know much about Parsons outside of his love for social media and sex parties.  Does he really want to win?  He did play surprisingly well next to Harden but that seems like eons ago.

Because it was eons ago.  I'm not giving a microfracture kneed guy a max deal no matter what the Doc says. I see chronic knee issue all over this.

His situation physically makes me think of Amare Stoudemire"s fall from effectiveness. He already has been showing up looking just decent sporadicly.  Damaged goods just doesn't work out to be a worthy deal for a team hardly ever. Got to play minutes to earn that salary.

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because it was eons ago.  I'm not giving a microfracture kneed guy a max deal no matter what the Doc says. I see chronic knee issue all over this.

Deng and Parsons both are not the answer for this team period. We already have Kyle , why add his mini me to the team as well? I would rather let the rookie take his lumps and bruises before signing anymore has been. Shit is getting old

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Deng, Parsons, Batum? Is this 2014? I feel like I'm an episode of 12 monkeys seeing some of these names. I thought Parsons was in a long term deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parsons is opting out. I think this is why Bud went ahead and drafted BPA with the two wing players; instead of reaching for a project big at 12 or 21. The choices are very limited across the board for wings and going after a big man in free agency could prove to be the smarter move.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Parsons is opting out. I think this is why Bud went ahead and drafted BPA with the two wing players; instead of reaching for a project big at 12 or 21. The choices are very limited across the board for wings and going after a big man in free agency could prove to be the smarter move.

I wouldnt mind that but I hope we get a big that can be helpful right away. We already have 2 project bigs in moose and Edy 

• 7 months later...

Where are they now?  Well, where else would Chandelier be?  Broken, of course.

Apparently the Memphians are growing restless?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/columnists/geoff-calkins/2017/02/16/take-5-chandler-parsons-just-doesnt-get/97995078/

Turns out Parsons really was damaged goods when the Grizzlies signed him to that $94 million contract. Not only does he have bad knees, he's tone deaf.

Hehe.  Pretty scathing review.  The fact that they're basically winning in spite of and without him is pretty funny IMHO.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Where are they now?  Well, where else would Chandelier be?  Broken, of course.

Apparently the Memphians are growing restless?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/columnists/geoff-calkins/2017/02/16/take-5-chandler-parsons-just-doesnt-get/97995078/

Hehe.  Pretty scathing review.  The fact that they're basically winning in spite of and without him is pretty funny IMHO.

Sometimes the best move is the one you DON'T make

Looks like that is the case here (though I thought Parson's would be a great additional several years ago...)

1 hour ago, frosgrim said:

Sometimes the best move is the one you DON'T make

Looks like that is the case here (though I thought Parson's would be a great additional several years ago...)

I was never fooled by this clown.  Never.

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

fake news

Do you mean alternative fax?

Aaaand macd kicks it off his foot out of bounds.  It's his 13th turnover folks and coach is taking him outta the game ...