• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta must trade for some quality players

NBASupes

From Rotoworld: "According to The Vertical, the Pacers were in serious discussions with the Kings for Rudy Gay before they traded for Thaddeus Young. The Kings' asking price was apparently too high, but The Vertical is reporting that they are still looking to move Gay."

I don't think Thabo and Mike Scott are in the range of what the King's are asking for Gay.

14 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I could get behind that. But could we still afford Bazemore? Hardaway and Korver have no business starting at SG.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Bad thing is, none of them are starting caliber for a team wanting to win anything.  And, no, I don't think we can afford Baze now with NYK, BKN and NO being involved.

18 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Isn't he a SF? Isn't that what we need?

Just because he's a SF and we need one doesn't mean he's the ONE we NEED.

5 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Sure I'll give you that. But Horford is an efficient, overated player and we want to give him the max. At least Gay gives us size at SF.

If playing SF was just about size then you'd have a point..............

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Sure I'll give you that. But Horford is an efficient, overated player and we want to give him the max. At least Gay gives us size at SF.

Indeed Horford's basic value is not at stake, it's just the contract vis-à-vis his marginal characteristics.

With Rudy we have a major problem from the beginning.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Here is mines:

Rudy Gay for Thabo and Mike Scott.

Splitter to Brooklyn for a 2nd rounder.

Jarrett Jack as a MLE 

Signing Dwight Howard.

Rudy Gay and Howard is a good approach if you want to paralyze a franchise for 10 years...

1. I don't want Gay.

2. You're not getting Gay by trading Scott and Thabo for him.

This team is stuck. They may very well be better off by doing a youth movement like Portland did and letting their long time cornerstone walk. It may lead to them missing the playoffs, but it's always fun to make the playoffs to get absolutely smashed by one team each time. With Horford, they're a 4-6 seed. Without, they're in between 7 and 10.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1