• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

6 hours ago, IheartFerry said:

Mozgov is officially a Laker

4 years $65 million

They deserve him at that price. Would be a backup on even an average team. 

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

They deserve him at that price. Would be a backup on even an average team. 

Mozzy is fine.  Lakers will have talent around him where he can just do his thing under the rim.  A hefty price tag, but at least the Lakers are attempting to inrpove their roster.

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I hate Delly but if he's on our side, mostly likely he won't injure any of our guys...well, in practice...maybe...lol

Wonder if Bud is stretching his definition of playing good defense to include dirty play now.

12 minutes ago, Ebert said:

Dellavedova has a lot of heart playing. I love those type of players, they are contagious to their teammates. He could also play with Dennis.

Those types of players mean nothing unless the rest of your roster is ultra-talented in a way that we aren't.  IOW, the only reason he can be effective is if you don't ask for much from him.

Scalabrine made a good point in saying Austin Rivers is probably a better target than his reputation will allow folks to see (when you factor in the fact that he should come cheap).

For the Hawks at this point, Howard is the best move they can hope for.  I have no idea why we weren't in on the Mozgov sweepstakes.

hace 1 minuto, kg01 dijo:

Those types of players mean nothing unless the rest of your roster is ultra-talented in a way that we aren't.  IOW, the only reason he can be effective is if you don't ask for much from him.

Scalabrine made a good point in saying Austin Rivers is probably a better target than his reputation will allow folks to see (when you factor in the fact that he should come cheap).

For the Hawks at this point, Howard is the best move they can hope for.  I have no idea why we weren't in on the Mozgov sweepstakes.

We have had talent over years but still couldn't beat LeBron in just one game in the Playoffs, because we lacked players with this mentality.

7 minutes ago, Ebert said:

We have had talent over years but still couldn't beat LeBron in just one game in the Playoffs, because we lacked players with this mentality.

We have never had talent sufficient enough to beat them.  If we did, we would've backed our way into a playoff win against them or something.  Mentality doesn't make that much of a difference.  You telling me a lineup of DellavaDLeague, Jared Dudley and the like would do anything against a team like Cleveland?

7 minutes ago, Ebert said:

Thought we were missing three point shots at the end of those games, we were in three of those games, diving for a loose ball was not part of the choking from three problem.

1 hour ago, MrYellow said:

Will Wade leave something on the table ?

my bold prediction: he won't be in Miami next year.

Yea, that is pretty bold.  Wade certainly has something left in the tank but not many teams would be willing to give him a long-term deal.

54 minutes ago, Alex said:

Mozzy is fine.  Lakers will have talent around him where he can just do his thing under the rim.  A hefty price tag, but at least the Lakers are attempting to inrpove their roster.

Also the Lakers are in rebuild mode which will take a few years.  In 3 years, after the cap goes up a few times, Mozzy's deal won't look that bad.

On the backup PG front, Augustin to ORL and I don't give-a Ish Smith to DET.

Panic setting in yet?

Well it'd be nice if we would sign someone. Maybe we're just going to throw all of our money at Horford and Howard and then sign a pg with the MLE and roll with our rookies at the 3 with Thabo. Seems like the most likely scenario at this point.

6 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

On Yahoo's free agent show last night, Woj said Horford feels he is a max player and wants the Hawks to give him a full five year max deal.

Starting to look like we won't have much of a choice unless we think Tiago, Humph and Edy can survive which seems highly unlikely at this point mainly because of Tiago and his body's fear of playing minutes. D12's body has many injury issues as well.

hace 24 minutos, kg01 dijo:

We have never had talent sufficient enough to beat them.  If we did, we would've backed our way into a playoff win against them or something.  Mentality doesn't make that much of a difference.  You telling me a lineup of DellavaDLeague, Jared Dudley and the like would do anything against a team like Cleveland?

I'm not saying Dellavedova should start anywhere. He's a backup. A great one since he gives everything in order to win.