THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

22 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Steve Blake just got released ... maybe a pickup for us??  

I should be against this but I'm not.  How can you not like a guy who's had a pretty good 13 year career when it's conceivable he'd never play in the NBA, let alone  longer than his much more heralded NCAA Champioship teammates.

Dennis isn't going to heed much from guys like Hinrich and Blake, though.  Jarret Jack, while not a stylistic match, would be the perfect mentor from a personality standpoint.  Plus I think I could drive past Blake.  

We need a backup who can account for Dennis' lack of size and unreliable three pointer, let alone initiate the sets adequately.  I really miss the way Shelvin used to reset, backpedal, and survey the floor.  He's looking like one of them huge mango-sized uncut diamonds they be finding.  Love you BudCox.  Not.

Edited by benhillboy

16 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Is it Jimmy baby But for Sap? 

I'd welcome that.  They'd have to throw in Mirotic and we'd toss in Thabo to match the numbers and positional needs.  There I go speaking on sh$t I know nothing of.  Sure the Bulls would trade an AS well under 30 for one over.  

On a side note, how many 10s of millions has Rondo pissed away being a brat?  Mike Conley's deal looks so crazy I don't like him anymore.  Rajon, Josh, and Dwight are very disappointing when you realize they all were on track to becoming a historic passer, shot blocker, and rebounder, respectfully.

Had they had their heads on straight, you'd build a true contender with them. I'm sitting here reminiscing about Good Josh, just now appreciating how crazy his skill set was.  Why Bad Josh tried to do everything that wasn't in his skillset was always mindblowing.  Rant over, I'm ready for this damn Summer League debut. 

• Like 4

On July 7, 2016 at 10:38 AM, capstone21 said:

Steve Blake just got released ... maybe a pickup for us??  

He's a perfect fit for us and an awesome backup pg. Do it!

18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So they couldn't sign any name brand guys but wanted to feel like they did something? 

On another note, seems BOS rescinded Fat Sully's QO making him an UFA.  Any interest to fill Hump's role since his return is questionable? 

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So they couldn't sign any name brand guys but wanted to feel like they did something? 

On another note, seems BOS rescinded Fat Sully's QO making him an UFA.  Any interest to fill Hump's role since his return is questionable? 

Hell no! That guy is more interested in a bucket from KFC than on the court. Butter dem dere biscuits boi...:-|

26 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hell no! That guy is more interested in a bucket from KFC than on the court. Butter dem dere biscuits boi...:-|

Ha, takes a fatty to know a fatty so I'll defer to your judgment. Ohhhh

But yeah, I know he's got problems.  His dad was on NBARadio and, when asked if his son wld be fit and ready for free agency, he would only go so far as to say he hoped so.  Yikes.

• Admin
19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The funny thing is that Houston said this will lead to marquee players wanting to sign here ... Actually people don't want to play with Harden with his horrible defense and ball hogging on offense

• Like 2

Who wants to play with this guy??

slimer-hotdogs-700x375.jpg?resize=700%2C375

I didn't even know that@spud2nique was in the NBA.

I would take fat boy on the Hawks. He can eat up space in the paint and wear down undersized bigs (hellur Tristan) by leaning on them.

If Chicago trades Butler they are beyond stupid. He'd be fine at SF in today's NBA and he'll get plenty of time at SG when Wade is out injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

I didn't even know that@spud2nique was in the NBA.

I would take fat boy on the Hawks. He can eat up space in the paint and wear down undersized bigs (hellur Tristan) by leaning on them.

If Chicago trades Butler they are beyond stupid. He'd be fine at SF in today's NBA and he'll get plenty of time at SG when Wade is out injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummmmm...I'm gonna let that go only because I'm in Hawaii...;-)

56 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ummmmm...I'm gonna let that go only because I'm in Hawaii...;-)

Steal some pineapples for me, Bro-lando Woolridge.

Also, nice humble brag.

On topic, seems POR matched BKN's offer to Crabbe.  Harkless next?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Steal some pineapples for me, Bro-lando Woolridge.

Also, nice humble brag.

On topic, seems POR matched BKN's offer to Crabbe.  Harkless next?

Read my mind.

• Like 1