• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this the END for Al Horford... Not quite

NBASupes

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Apparently he was actually worth $72 million, since he took less to re-sign with us.

Why do you keep wanting to trade away our only current backup PG in Patterson? Moving Splitter and Scott only gets us to around $13.33m in cap space. We'd almost definitely have to throw Thabo's $4m in the mix too - not Patterson's $874k.

We can't cut Patterson. We have a lot less than 6 million. That info in the 1st post was wrong. We only have maybe 3-5 million. Clearly, 5 million in cap space will help us a ton. It means Thabo and Splitter can be traded and we can free up the money that way. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

We can't cut Patterson. We have a lot less than 6 million. That info in the 1st post was wrong. We only have maybe 3-5 million. Clearly, 5 million in cap space will help us a ton. It means Thabo and Splitter can be traded and we can free up the money that way. 

What do you think are the chances of Horf sacrificing 1 or 2 million to make it work?

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

What do you think are the chances of Horf sacrificing 1 or 2 million to make it work?

It doesn't matter what he does at the top. That's for the future but for now, Atlanta needs to get 18 million dollars in cap room by any means. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

It doesn't matter what he does at the top. That's for the future but for now, Atlanta needs to get 18 million dollars in cap room by any means. 

Ah, right because it's just his cap hold we need to clear for.

Just now, kg01 said:

:barf:

Lol...not that it's a deal breaker here but I'd rather get rid of splitter and Scott rather than splitter and Thabo ..imagine a defense of Dennis, Thabo, and Dwight....yikes !!!

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...not that it's a deal breaker here but I'd rather get rid of splitter and Scott rather than splitter and Thabo ..imagine a defense of Dennis, Thabo, and Dwight....yikes !!!

I think we need all 3 to get the $18 in capspace.

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah but the truth of the matter is he was getting that or more regardless.  My question is the team better off with him or without him?  If it's truly a choice between him or Al, I want Al and will make with the wings we have.  But if they somehow get Al to go along with Baze, I have no problem with it as I'm not sure who they'd spend the money on that would be better than Baze. 

Agreed. When I posted that I hadn't looked at some of the money that's being paid out today. $70 mil for Baze isn't that bad. I'm just praying they can squeeze Al in too. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do you think Supes would let me borrow a depends?....I'm gonna need it..

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'd need to move all three of Splitter, Thabo, and Scott to make this happen. But that should be very easy to do. Thabo is easily worth $4m in this market. And Splitter is still a steal at $8.25m in this market.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe not...

Hawks would need to unload just under $11 million in salary to have enough room to retain Al Horford (at $94.4M cap) https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/749078449101348864 

The only way this is true is if Bazemore is making 14.5 1st year which is  5 million on the dot. 5+8.55=13.55. Naw, we need to get rid of all three players. Thabo, Scott and Splitter. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'd need to move all three of Splitter, Thabo, and Scott to make this happen. But that should be very easy to do. Thabo is easily worth $4m in this market. And Splitter is still a steal at $8.25m in this market.

So why in hell would you sign bazemore to this terrible contract 1st and then freak out trying to dump salary to resign your freaking all star center????