Source: Hawks have upped their offer to Al Horford & added a 5th yr.

GameTime

I feel like Al Horford is playing with us. If not, he would have already chosen a team. He has the right to, but I don't like the situation. I hope we sign him for 120M 5 years or similar.

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Horford's agent not screwing around. I feel we all thought Horford would take it a little easy on the Hawks and would sign here on a team "friendly" deal, but that's not going to happen it seems like. 

Well, it shows how the players run  the league... I didn't think  Horf would take it easy since he put his agenda over the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ebert said:

I feel like Al Horford is playing with us. If not, he would have already chosen a team. He has the right to, but I don't like the situation. I hope we sign him for 120M 5 years or similar.

This team really nogoicating their ass off like their Jerry M screwing up my school/work productivity. I am f***ed! 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I don't blame Al for not taking it easy on the Hawks but he is not worth a max contract.  He deserves to get paid but not what he is going to end up getting.

Nobody deserves what they are getting paid, but that's what it takes to keep players right now. The salary cap will only keep going up the next couple of years so contracts that look outlandish as of today, like Conley's and Horford's, will look a lot less terrible in the future.

Edited by Atlantaholic

I get the feeling the Hawks screwed themselves here. The damage has probably been done. Had they come with that offer from the start then this whole mess would be resolved by now. They wanted to be cheap from the start and it might cost them here.  In Horf eyes he has been playing at a huge bargain over the last several years. Now he want to get payed. Just like Curry isn't going to go easy on the Warriors next offseason.

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

All I know is this is no way to be spending our holiday weekend, chained to a computer and sitting around like a pack of Pavlov's dogs at the mere scent of meat.

Yesterday, I got so much done... internet outage.... today?.... I've barely gotten up to eat my lunch of string cheese and crackers.

penny_wow_large.gif?16588149616100958514

6 minutes ago, Ebert said:

He has two offers for 4ys  $113M...

• Like 1