• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Al Horford get booed in his return?

Germantor

17 minutes ago, hawkrule152 said:

He does not deserve to be, but he definitely will be boo'd. Lol

How does he not deserve to be booed? He took the same money Hawks offered minus one year to go to, of all teams, the Boston effn Celtics.  Can't believe it. Hope Durant does not go to Boston as well. We should be a better team if he doesn't. 

• Like 2

Fans had ammunition and passion to boo Joe because of the "I don't care what the fans think" quote coupled with the most ungodly salary at the time, which looks like a steal nowadays.  Just check the attendance with Al as the "face of the franchise", fans don't care too much about Al one way or another.  I was a huge fan of the guy and now even I don't.  

He'll be cheered during intros for the first couple years because he's genuinely a safe, good guy.  He's actually gonna get booed in Boston after a few anemic FT attempt and rebounding games, though.  The media scrutiny is gonna be a rude awakening for him if he thought Jeff Shultz, Dukes, and Bell were opinionated.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

As long as the sky is blue, grass and celtics green, i am booing Al. Couldn't cheer for ANY Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Him bailing on the Hawks to go to the Celtics is pretty lame. And his first tweet didn't help. But I'm not one to boo a player unless they do something dirty on the court. Hopefully he finds some time to give love to the fans that have supported him all these years while the Boston fans were talking about how weak he was.

26 minutes ago, chico1 said:

How does he not deserve to be booed? He took the same money Hawks offered minus one year to go to, of all teams, the Boston effn Celtics.  Can't believe it. Hope Durant does not go to Boston as well. We should be a better team if he doesn't. 

I am basing that off of what he has done for Atl and the Hawks over his career. Not off of the contract he just took.

37 minutes ago, hawkrule152 said:

I am basing that off of what he has done for Atl and the Hawks over his career. Not off of the contract he just took.

To me what he did here in the past 9 years means nothing. The Hawks org did what they had to do to make the team better and he turned he's back on them and the fans when it counted most. We really had a chance to do something special next season. Now we'll just have to wait and hope Shreouder continues to develop and prince turns out to be a stud. Otherwise not looking good for us next season. Hordford really left the Hawks in a tough spot as we don't have the cap room to bring in another meaningful player. 

• Like 2

Yep! He can prevent some of the booing by taking out one of those thank you fans ads but he will most certainly get booed as he should. He probably would have been ok if he went to OKC or GS but not the Celtics.  I'll be booing him from now on. 

• Like 1

Hehe, i guess i got the jump on you guys, I was already booing him for his pathetic effort on the defensive glass, 

Tom Glavine is the only person that left as free agent ,that i disagreed with people  booing .
He was the World series  MVP of our only pro championship .No booing allowed :shameonyou:

• Like 1