• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stop Kicking ROCKS HAWKS FAN...We will be OK

wolvetigers

25 minutes ago, Flight said:

I feel bad that a lot of the media and circumstances surrounding the situation makes people overlook what Dwight can really do for a team like ours.

Dwight is a little bitch and a dead beat father of 20 kids. His big success came almost a decade ago.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

5 minutes ago, txsting said:

Give me a break, Al played 82 games last season, he is fine. We are a .500 club at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yeah, he played like a marshmallow for us so he could get his big payday.  Easier to play 82 games if you avoid contact at all costs.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

We're going to be fine. I have confidence in Coach Bud to continue to build a consistent winner. Al decided to leave over a few million dollars, that's on him. Screw him.

We've still got Splitter as a backup big.

Scott did well enough last season too. Muscala is back as depth.

This means we might put more of an emphasis on Edy this season now, which is a good thing if you ask me. I want to know what we are going to have in him.

At wing we still have Korver, Baze, and Thabo that all have starting experience, and experience in this system.

We've also got Hardaway going into his 2nd season with us and should be indocrinated enough to be a contributor this year.

And then we've got two good young wings to develop, both with very good potential, and a coaching staff that can get it out of them.

The only area we "really" need to adress is the backup PG situation. And we can do that with the MLE or a minor trade. Patterson shouldn't be counted out there either.

We.Will.Be.Fine.

Screw Alice Whoreford! I hope his d*ck turns green and falls off.

Love that last line!  Hope his beauty pageant wife betrays him like he betrayed us.

Reading this fantastic article again to better understand what the Hawks lost out on with regards to trading Sap in order to sign Al.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/7/2/12086718/nba-free-agency-2016-al-horford-atlanta-hawks-salary-cap

It might help to look at things this way:  The Hawks could only retain $5.8 million worth of talent back in return for Sap in order to then sign Horford.  Now that Horford is gone, the Hawks have about $3.8 million in cap space.  Only slightly less than they would have had if Al had stayed and if Sap was traded.

So basically the Hawks decided that, given the asking price for Al, Sap was a safer bet.  They chose Sap over Al.  The Hawks didn't miss out on some phenomenal return for Sap in a trade, because there was never going to be that type of return in terms of talent.

23 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Dwight is a little bitch and a dead beat father of 20 kids. His big success came almost a decade ago.

So..... What exactly do his kids have to do with this? and that's true he was successful on that team..... so why should any of that make me feel like he can't be successful in a positive environment again?

2 minutes ago, Flight said:

So..... What exactly do his kids have to do with this? and that's true he was successful on that team..... so why should any of that make me feel like he can't be successful in a positive environment again?

They barely made the playoffs. Howard's prime was like 7 years ago. If he's your best hope.... That's sad.

He lacks character, fails to take responsibility for what he has done, and he hasn't consistently played at a high level in years. Yet, he's going to save the day here. lol

Edited by Hotlanta1981

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They barely made the playoffs. Howard's prime was like 7 years ago. If he's your best hope.... That's sad.

He lacks character, fails to take responsibility for what he has done, and he hasn't consistently played at a high level in years. Yet, he's going to save the day here. lol

Dude.  Pretty much come to expect negative posts from you but none of these are constructive in the least.  What would you have done differently this free agency period?  Serious question.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Dude.  Pretty much come to expect negative posts from you but none of these are constructive in the least.  What would you have done differently this free agency period?  Serious question.

They're better off rebuilding if this POS team is the best this front office can put together.

They couldn't have done worse if they had tried.

12 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Let me get this straight.....

So you say that the Raptors and Cavs will own us.

I tell you that I don't think the Raptors are a solid as you think and they haven't had lock down defense against Dwight (or true centers really LAST SEASON).

You tell me that  he's got a lot of kids and was successful in Orlando years ago.

I respond with the fact that he hasn't been on a team with the type of chemistry or complimentary talent that we have.

You respond with him lacking character and not taking responsibility for "what he has done".....

I'm really not sure if you're actually talking to me or just quoting me as you randomly post lol. If him playing at a non-high level averages a double double  (like he has his entire career), then you're wasting your time and mine by try to slander a man that has already been overly-slandered enough. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They're better off rebuilding if this POS team is the best this front office can put together.

They couldn't have done worse if they had tried.

Okay, I can hear that.  You're probably not the only one with that notion.  No need to say they'll always be terrible though.  SMH.

I'm still excited. Millsap/Howard, short of maybe Griffin/Jordan (assuming Griffin is done being stupid), is the best PF/C duo in the league. Howard is a multiple time DPOY and he's led a team to the Finals. Sure, he's not the same player that he was in Orlando, but can still be an All-NBA center in this league if he's healthy. I expect his scoring to go back up to 17-18 PPG and we're going to see rebounding numbers we haven't seen since Mutombo. We know how great Millsap is. He was deserving of being on an All-NBA team and he would have been a worthy DPOY. Stay healthy and that duo alone is going to keep us competitive on a nightly basis. 

Then we have Schröder's wild ride to look forward to. There will be more growing pains for sure, but he's to have nights that absolutely dazzle. We could see him mature a lot now that he's been given the keys to the offense, and those Dennis-to-Dwight connections are going to be awesome. Hopefully another year of shooting practice with Korver and the coaches will add a few percentage points to that shot. If nothing else the team will be more entertaining to watch, but I do expect Dennis to take another step forward. It's easy to forget he's still only 22 years old. 

We still have the problem we had last season on the wings, though. Bazemore and THJ could improve as young players, Korver and Thabo could get back to their previous forms with an injury-free (knock on wood) offseason, and Prince and Bembry could be impact rookies. But that's more hoping than I'm comfortable with. I'd really love to see some creativity to land us an established SF who can shoot the 3. I don't know who or how, but that would be a huge boost to my confidence. 

Are we going to win a championship this season? No, I really doubt it. But even through today's "failure," I'm happy to see the Hawks being aggressive. Maybe it'll lead to ruin, but maybe this new leadership will prove to be resilient. Put together another strong season and have a "reborn" Howard to sell and who knows? 

• Like 1