• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Real Problem.

jmac54

Management clearly should have traded Paul before free agency. Then offered Horford the max. Then signed Dwight. Because if we offer Horford the max then sign Dwight. Horford has no choice but to suck it up and play along D12.

OR

Kept Paul.....Offer Horford The Max Immediately on July 1. Then Try to go after Noah. And then Al would have been super ecstatic. 

Dwight better impress within the first half of this upcoming season or I think we should start over from scratch and just get rid of Paul and Dwight and really hit the reset button. 

The only good I see coming out of this whole off season. Is if Dwight really returns to a former shade of his old Orlando days. Paul is going to have a career year because it's a contract year for him.....just watch....Bazemore will have to improve and Dennis will have to act as if he's been in the League for like 8 years already.....that's asking a lot...also Splitter has to go.

1. Our real problem is still a go to scorer and BU pg.

2. Trading Paul b4 FAcy makes even less sense. How do you say to Al, we traded Teague and Millsap here's your max.

3. Noah was locked in on his hometown Knicks. If Al was interested in staying and had issues with D12 he could have made an effort to recruit Noah.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2. Trading Paul b4 FAcy makes even less sense. How do you say to Al, we traded Teague and Millsap here's your max.

3. Noah was locked in on his hometown Knicks. If Al was interested in staying and had issues with D12 he could have made an effort to recruit Noah.

Can we please sign Leandro Barbosa? If the price is right. I think he would fit our system well. He's a vet, with experience, 33 years old but has a few years left in the tank, a winner. I think he checks all the boxes. Good locker room guy...shoots well outside but also drives the ball. Plays good D.

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Can we please sign Leandro Barbosa? If the price is right. I think he would fit our system well. He's a vet, with experience, 33 years old but has a few years left in the tank, a winner. I think he checks all the boxes. Good locker room guy...shoots well outside but also drives the ball. Plays good D.

What's the free agent PG list look like now?

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well the ones the fit our style is somewhat weak. I can think of Jack, Barbosa...and....Steve Blake...Vasquez maybe...Huertas maybe...that's about it in my mind.

Edited by Spud2Nique

48 minutes ago, jmac54 said:

Management clearly should have traded Paul before free agency. Then offered Horford the max. Then signed Dwight. Because if we offer Horford the max then sign Dwight. Horford has no choice but to suck it up and play along D12.

OR

Kept Paul.....Offer Horford The Max Immediately on July 1. Then Try to go after Noah. And then Al would have been super ecstatic. 

Dwight better impress within the first half of this upcoming season or I think we should start over from scratch and just get rid of Paul and Dwight and really hit the reset button. 

The only good I see coming out of this whole off season. Is if Dwight really returns to a former shade of his old Orlando days. Paul is going to have a career year because it's a contract year for him.....just watch....Bazemore will have to improve and Dennis will have to act as if he's been in the League for like 8 years already.....that's asking a lot...also Splitter has to go.

What if the Hawks KNEW AL wasn't committed and went ahead with their contingency plan? If he stayed, then they could make other moves. If he didn't we have a starting caliber (if not all star) Center and All NBA powerforward either way.

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jarrett Jack please...

Most of the big free agent timber has fallen or will fall shortly.

Next comes the part where all the lesser chips are to be fought over.

Hawks gained a big log and lost a big log.  So far, still surviving.  Now they still need

some lesser pieces.  They are out there.  Gotta  get our part of them, either thru free agency

or a trade or two.

Think the real problem is our memory of what happened about fifteen or sixteen hours ago. Next of course is the existing point guard situation but there are a handful or less of vets that should fit here. Maybe Jarrett does come back to his college stomping grounds.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would much, much rather have D12 than Noah on their respective contracts.  It's not even close.

• Like 2

Remaining FA  PGs:

25. PG Rajon Rondo, 30

29. PG Deron Williams, 32

56. SG Jamal Crawford, 36

59. PG Langston Galloway, restricted, 24

74. PG Ramon Sessions, 30

76. PG Brandon Jennings, 26

79. PG Norris Cole, 27

83. G Leandro Barbosa, 33

85. PG Raymond Felton, 32

87. PG Ty Lawson, 28

91. PG Seth Curry, restricted, 25

92. PG Aaron Brooks, 31

95. PG/SG Greivis Vasquez, 29

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-vertical-s-top-100-free-agents-204857680.html

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Remaining FA  PGs:

25. PG Rajon Rondo, 30

79. PG Norris Cole, 27

87. PG Ty Lawson, 28

92. PG Aaron Brooks, 31

Crawford-maybe

barbosa- hell yes

Brooks-maybe

vasquez- why not

56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Remaining FA  PGs:

25. PG Rajon Rondo, 30

79. PG Norris Cole, 27

87. PG Ty Lawson, 28

92. PG Aaron Brooks, 31

Thanks for the long list. More left than I thought.

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Right! Even this weekend I see Al haven't been recruiting in Boston. You see IT recruiting.