• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Anybody Really Paying Attention?

sillent

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Sorry dude..._ Aging Dwight, Sap and a bunch of bums doesn't mean anything.

You know this is a Hawks fan site right? Stop trolling and go to your team if you feel that way because every player we currently have on our team Kent, Schröder, Mike Scott and even Korver to an extent played their hearts out in the playoffs. Our so called stars (even though Teague is still my boy) Teague and pillow soft Horford didn't come thru. I believe Horford averaged less than 10 points and 10 rebounds per game especially against the Celtics and Cavs. Those are bum numbers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RWF said:

NBA will not allow Dennis Schröder and Dwight Howard interfere with the Lebrons vs Curry and his new #2 robin title chasing sidekick.

They will if Dwight can tell his redemption story lol... Alot of people are tired of hearing about LeBron and seeing him in the finals.

Coaching is over rated! I wasn't that impressed with Bud's in game decisions anyway.  You win with ballplayers, all of our players are flawed. They've been swept by the Cavs two years straight and you think Dwight is going to make a difference.  How are we going to score? We have no shooters.

3 hours ago, sillent said:

You know this is a Hawks fan site right? Stop trolling and go to your team if you feel that way because every player we currently have on our team Kent, Schröder, Mike Scott and even Korver to an extent played their hearts out in the playoffs. Our so called stars (even though Teague is still my boy) Teague and pillow soft Horford didn't come thru. I believe Horford averaged less than 10 points and 10 rebounds per game especially against the Celtics and Cavs. Those are bum numbers

I got banned before for calling hot a troll. Just put him on ignore. Not a happy person 

2 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Coaching is over rated! I wasn't that impressed with Bud's in game decisions anyway.  You win with ballplayers, all of our players are flawed. They've been swept by the Cavs two years straight and you think Dwight is going to make a difference.  How are we going to score? We have no shooters.

Dude go watch golden state then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I agree Bud's coaching was bad last year. Either that or the players won't listening but even then Bud made some pretty bad moves. I'm sure he'll be looking to redeem himself and has helped construct a team that will help him do just that. Yes I do think Dwight will help make a major difference. We were outrebounded (reason for Humphries pick up) year after year. We were lacking toughness and although Dwight may joke and whine there's no denying his strength and power. I don't know if most noticed but we were missing alot of athleticism which was addressed with Dwight and we gained more Defense with Dwight. Intimidation means alot in the sport of basketball when opposing players know it's no easy give in the post. With Horford they  weren't afraid of layup drills no matter what the experts say. Dwight will make a Big Difference when it comes to controlling the paint with rebounds, defense , put backs and dunks. It may be 2 points but psychologically all of those factors make a big difference against an opposing team. Look at Andre Drummond most teams only defense againgst him including ours was to foul everytime he got the ball. Believe me a dominating force like Howard makes a big difference and on a team like ours he can truly dominate.     

20 minutes ago, volman said:

I got banned before for calling hot a troll. Just put him on ignore. Not a happy person 

Even when on ignore we still see his stuff via quote. Its like swallowing battery acid. 

13 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Im talking about the new hawks roster for the next season, you still be negative, but im not surprised ur always negative and trolling around.

The results will be the same.

No legit backup PG, below average swingmen,no backup center and a weak bench.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Dwight is no longer the biggest,baddest,dominating big man in the league. Guys aren't afraid to attack him any more.  Dwight has aged, he's injury prone and doesn't have the stamina to play D for a whole game. Look at the tape it's there for everyone to see. Is he better in the paint than Horford, really that's no challenge, AL doesn't want to play in the paint.

3 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Why are you here?  You're a Spurs fan, right?

Because i started following the Hawks when Bud first arrived in Atlanta, and i started to like the team and support them, not like you who just post negative on Squawks board every year..

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Because i started following the Hawks when Bud first arrived in Atlanta, and i started to like the team and support them, not like you who just post negative on Squawks board every year..

The league is a business and the NBA isn't a real sport. It's WWE with a basketball court instead  of a wrestling ring.

Who put these guys (thought police)in control of what someone says about the hawks. If your critical of the hawks in anyway your negative.  I have no idea who the troll is, but I'm not going to let you guys tell me what to say or how to say it. The roster as it stands today isn't as good as last year's with Al or Teague. That's over how do you address it. I'm not interested in holding hand and singing Bud's praise after getting  swept. I can take Al or leave him everyone knows he's soft. Every team has a shelf life, if you don't win in that time span you have to start over. Especially in this  free agent environment. Keep the comments to  basketball in general and the hawks specifically . The grade school jabs just tells me you don't have much to say about basketball. Sophomoric,no adolescent. As they say,NBA, no babies allowed.

• Like 1