• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we put together an offer to get Westbrook?

tonegully

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

My question always comes back to this - if you have to gut the team to acquire a superstar, what would be the attraction for them to come here?

I concur. Especially with 1 year left. 

Im all for making a run at him when he becomes a free agent.but I hate to give up any of our best assets for a potential rental of  1 year of Westbrook.If you add Russ to our core guys we reign over the East,and it's not even that close.

If Dennis + Prince + Wolves 1st + another pick or two can get it done, I'd make the deal. But I don't think that gets it done. Don't think a Sap deal makes sense for either side.

I LOVE Westbrook though, even if I should hate his game.

Edit: We'd need to send out Splitter/Scott to make salaries match, as well. I'd still do it.

Edited by TheFuzz

11 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

If Dennis + Prince + Wolves 1st + another pick or two can get it done, I'd make the deal. But I don't think that gets it done. Don't think a Sap deal makes sense for either side.

Edit: We'd need to send out Splitter/Scott to make salaries match, as well. I'd still do it.

No way I give that up for Westbrook...u do love him lol

• Admin
14 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

That will not even come close to getting Westbrook ... look what Love brought in 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lakers put together a package of Russell/Ingram plus other stuff

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Germantor said:

No way I give that up for Westbrook...u do love him lol

You take that deal as fast as you can.

46 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

That will not even come close to getting Westbrook ... look what Love brought in 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lakers put together a package of Russell/Ingram plus other stuff

Lakers won't offer because they believe they are the front runner next year why give up all your assets.. It's one year would be smart to make that deal 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Jwohlgem3 said:

Lakers won't offer because they believe they are the front runner next year why give up all your assets.. It's one year would be smart to make that deal 

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Celtics put together something for him

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Celtics put together something for him

I wouldn't be surprised either but if Im thunder I personally would rather a deal around Schröder than Isaiah Thomas but maybe thats just the my preference.

Edited by Jwohlgem3

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Jwohlgem3 said:

I wouldn't be surprised either but if Im thunder I personally would rather a deal around Schröder than Isaiah Thomas but maybe thats just the my preference.

Schröder is an unknown and also what the Celtics can offer are players like Jaylen Brown and something like Brooklyn's draft picks.  That would be huge for Thunder

40 minutes ago, Jwohlgem3 said:

Dennis will be as good as westbrook...watch and see...

• Premium Member
On 7/4/2016 at 4:14 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Then what? He leaves  and we just gave away our young talent and picks? How do we rebuild?

Risk winning a championship?

I purposely stayed away from opening this thread because of my thoughts about Westbrook leaving.   However,  if we can get Westbrook and Keep Paul and Howard, I say.. Why not.

Westbrook, Paul, and Howard represents probably the strongest 3 some in the East.   That's counting Lebron. 

It will cost us though.

It will cost us Dennis and prolly 2 first and an unstated set of players. 

Let's get specific...

Dennis, Thabo, Tiago, and a 1st round pick (Minny) for Westbrook. 

IF we had:

Westbrook, Korver, Baze, Sap, and Howard as our starting 5, would we win the East??  The NBA title??

IF we could go to the finals, it would be worth the rental.   

• Admin
42 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Dennis, Thabo, Tiago, and a 1st round pick (Minny) for Westbrook. 

Extreme overvalue of Dennis... that package would not even get them on the phone ...

Westbrook (who I don't even want) is a top 5 player in this league ... it doesn't matter that he is in the last year of his contract ... OKC is not going to give him away

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Extreme overvalue of Dennis... that package would not even get them on the phone ...

Westbrook (who I don't even want) is a top 5 player in this league ... it doesn't matter that he is in the last year of his contract ... OKC is not going to give him away

Ditto.. He is a super athlete but super selfish.. 

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

A Westbrook Rental is not going to get them much in return.   NO team is going to be able to stop Westbrook from becoming a UFA and leaving.   Therefore No team is  going to give a whole lot for the rental of Westbrook.  Not even the Lakers. 

IN that same sort of thinking, OKC is holding a rental.  At the end of the year, they will get nothing for him.   Next year, the cap goes up by another 20 Million.  So it will be an auction for Westbrook and it's no secret that he's not staying in OKC.. if he were, Durant may have stayed.   So.. the real question is what will OKC settle for.

A good young PG and a pick or 2 is a great start.  They need to start thinking rebuild because right now, that's all they have. 

He is top 5 but selfless plus has green light and not a team player....so what if Dennis don't dunk like that...Dennis will be top 5 in next 2-3 years...but u can't grow talent by wanting to trade every person we have for a rental

• Like 1