• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where's the Hawk PRIDE around here??

Diesel

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I see all these gloom and doom post and all these post about how Bud should learn from somebody else.... What the Hell?

Let's let Bud's plan happen before we totally dismiss it.  Bud knows basketball.   That's why he's the coach.  Bud knows talent.... that's why Leonard is in San Antonio.. that's why Parker is in San Antonio.. that's why Korver, Paul, and Dennis is here.   Now, he has brought in a Hall of Fame quality Center.   3 time defensive player of the year...  a guy who used to dominate us.. but represents Bud biggest rebuilding project to date.  The thing that excites me is that Dwight has a mind to work.   The thing that excites me is that he's paired with a guy in Paul Millsap who can help him to get to the next level.   By December of this year, we will be the most feared team in the NBA.   Let the cynics and those with no vision have the day today and tomorrow... the Hawks have always had non-believers and they are always loudest when we do new things.   However, when we're the best, I want to see these same visionless cynics disappear from the pages of Hawksquawk as they always tend to do. 

Al played well and he left.. let's turn the page... We wasn't winning with him no way.   We have been made better.  In Bud We trust. 

Bud is a joke. A one hit wonder.  

• Like 1

Dude I made a thread called "put me in the excited group". There are those here who are pumped. Just lots of people who are inherently unhappy and who will never be content. 

• Like 4

I'm  neither unhappy or pumped, I'm neutral, lukewarm.

I would be thrilled if we had D12, Al and Sap - deeper team all around and upgrade to the bench fodder and shuuffle off the dead weight.

Some are expecting Orlando Dwight, I'm not. Do I realize what he can bring? Yes. Will he, still TBD. He's here 3 years too late, (but I guess better late than never) should have signed here instead of Houston.

The front office took a risk and I find no fault in it, the status quo could not remain. Things were too comfortable.

Go Hawks!!!

19 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Top 5 center

Top 5 pf

Top 10 PG

Shooters on deck

Bud, I got faith in you. 

lol so much fail in one post.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm  neither unhappy or pumped, I'm neutral, lukewarm.

I would be thrilled if we had D12, Al and Sap - deeper team all around and upgrade to the bench fodder and shuuffle off the dead weight.

Some are expecting Orlando Dwight, I'm not. Do I realize what he can bring? Yes. Will he, still TBD. He's here 3 years too late, (but I guess better late than never) should have signed here instead of Houston.

The front office took a risk and I find no fault in it, the status quo could not remain. Things were too comfortable.

Go Hawks!!!

Sometimes, a player has to go through bad years before their greatness can be realized.  In Dwight's case, he has beaten Lebron before and went to the finals but wasn't ready..   Like Shaq playing Houston.. Like Jason Kidd with the Nets.  I'm sure he's plenty Hungry.. Millsap is the best PF that he has played with.  This team is the most unselfish team that he has ever played with and this coach is the best coach that has ever coached him.    He has been vetted and Bud knows he has a large job ahead of him.  Let him work.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Calm your tits Alexandra. There aren't any bum ass msu players on this squad so we good. 

The only true thing you said was Millsap being top 5 at his position which is debatable.  Everything else was so far off.  Especially the part about shooters.  

23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Volman... We have been here for years crying for a rim protector and crying for a real Center.   We have been here watching 2 PFs give a really good effort and only getting part of the way.  NOW.. We got somebody that Tristan Thompson won't dominate.  That Lebron won't just run past.  Now we have the defensive center that matches our defensive PF.  Let's quit with all this tank talk and all this give up talk and the nasty, filty welfare mentality and let's get ready for the Hawk Name to ring out. 

All Aboard!!!

You're directing venom towards a positive Hawk's poster. Maybe you clicked on the wrong post response or your just looking for an argument. Many of us have said we're excited about our new Hawks and hate the idea of tanking. Go after the poster who wants to tank because they have no sportsmanship ethics and not someone who is on the same page. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You're directing venom towards a positive Hawk's poster. Maybe you clicked on the wrong post response or your just looking for an argument. Many of us have said we're excited about our new Hawks and hate the idea of tanking. Go after the poster who wants to tank because they have no sportsmanship ethics and not someone who is on the same page. 

No Venom...  Volman goes way Back...  I'm saying that we've been here long enough after all of our years of lamenting.  I'm making note of those others here who have went into mourning over Al 4 rebounds per game Whoreford.  I surely look for that day when Myself, Volman, Kg01 (my alter ego), and even AHF (I'm his alter ego) can say proudly...  Yep.. Bout Damn Time!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I see all these gloom and doom post and all these post about how Bud should learn from somebody else.... What the Hell?

Let's let Bud's plan happen before we totally dismiss it.  Bud knows basketball.   That's why he's the coach.  Bud knows talent.... that's why Leonard is in San Antonio.. that's why Parker is in San Antonio.. that's why Korver, Paul, and Dennis is here.   Now, he has brought in a Hall of Fame quality Center.   3 time defensive player of the year...  a guy who used to dominate us.. but represents Bud biggest rebuilding project to date.  The thing that excites me is that Dwight has a mind to work.   The thing that excites me is that he's paired with a guy in Paul Millsap who can help him to get to the next level.   By December of this year, we will be the most feared team in the NBA.   Let the cynics and those with no vision have the day today and tomorrow... the Hawks have always had non-believers and they are always loudest when we do new things.   However, when we're the best, I want to see these same visionless cynics disappear from the pages of Hawksquawk as they always tend to do. 

Al played well and he left.. let's turn the page... We wasn't winning with him no way.   We have been made better.  In Bud We trust. 

It's early. I'm hoping the Hawks have a press conference for Dwight and Baze. It'd be neat to hear what Dwight/Baze/Bud have to say going forward.

• Like 1

I'll readily say my mistake Diesel, but honestly I thought Supes was the only Squawker truly in some form of mourning about Al. Even he is trying hard to be at least objective in the last day or so. Hawks are moving on either way. If nothing else we will win with some serious defense.

55 minutes ago, Alex said:

lol so much fail in one post.

You keep showing up in all of the wrong places. Every. Single. Thread. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Bud is a joke. A one hit wonder.  

I have been agreeing with you a lot lately and then you go say this. You expect way to much out of a guy who has tied hands with this franchise. The guy is a great coach. Too bad he cannot hold players at gunpoint without getting a felony

• Like 1