• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two thoughts on BU for PG...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Jarrett Jack... Of course.. Mentioned.

Louis Williams. 

Lou Williams would be a very good fit due to the fact that he's a scoring guard.   

Jarrett Jack would be a good fit because he can control offenses.  Jack is a little older and more injured so it would make a less easy move. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Jarrett Jack... Of course.. Mentioned.

Louis Williams. 

Lou Williams would be a very good fit due to the fact that he's a scoring guard.   

Jarrett Jack would be a good fit because he can control offenses.  Jack is a little older and more injured so it would make a less easy move. 

I'll pass on Lou. His defense is awful and the ball sticks with him plus he's under contract for 2 yrs 14 mil. 

I could see the Lakers keeping him to be their Barbosa anyways.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There's also Shelvin Mack and Aaron Brooks.

I can't see Utah giving Mack up after getting rid of Burke to help clearing up the log jam.

Brooks would be nice. Shot well from the 3 last season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, BigDog90 said:

I'll pass on Lou. His defense is awful and the ball sticks with him plus he's under contract for 2 yrs 14 mil. 

I could see the Lakers keeping him to be their Barbosa anyways.

I think Aaron Brooks or Shelvin would be equally as interesting.   In fact, we can probably get Shelvin back for a 2nd rounder.

Just now, BigDog90 said:

I can't see Utah giving Mack up after getting rid of Burke to help clearing up the log jam.

Brooks would be nice. Shot well from the 3 last season.

Utah still has Neto, Exum, and Hill as PGs.   Burke was just the most likely traded first. 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

I think Aaron Brooks or Shelvin would be equally as interesting.   In fact, we can probably get Shelvin back for a 2nd rounder.

Utah still has Neto, Exum, and Hill as PGs.   Burke was just the most likely traded first. 

Good point. Yeah, it's worth a try.  I would think Neto would be the odd man out. 

5 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Good point. Yeah, it's worth a try.  I would think Neto would be the odd man out. 

Most all teams have three point guards so why would Utah let any of those three go? Don't really think anyone of those players is the odd man out.

8 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Lou Williams was shipped out by Ferry and Bud because he was NOT a good fit for this style of play - at all.

I have one thought for backup PG -  Lamar Patterson...

Lamar is not an NBA-level player for a team with any deep playoff aspirations.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Definitely third string at either guard spot on his best day. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Frankly, none of us know what he is at this stage of his development. A lot of people were saying the same thing about Bazemore this time last year.

Hawks University, yo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Frankly, none of us know what he is at this stage of his development. A lot of people were saying the same thing about Bazemore this time last year.

Hawks University, yo.

Well, if he's capable of manning that spot, he'll have to show us something he hasn't shown us yet.  I think that's fair to say.  Bazemore showed glimpses of starter-level play at least.

Oh, and don't call me 'Frankly' :cool:

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Well, if he's capable of manning that spot, he'll have to show us something he hasn't shown us yet.  I think that's fair to say.  Bazemore showed glimpses of starter-level play at least.

See, you messed up by not starting your comment with "Surely."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

See, you messed up by not starting your comment with "Surely."

Yeah, that's a turnover on kg01.  Threw that pass right into GoneGearon, spilled his Shirley Temple all over the court.

Edited: No way GGearon drinks beer.

Edited by kg01

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Most all teams have three point guards so why would Utah let any of those three go? Don't really think anyone of those players is the odd man out.

Shelvin, Neto, Exum, and Hill.   I was saying that Utah has 3 extra aside from Shelvin so somebody must go.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Shelvin, Neto, Exum, and Hill.   I was saying that Utah has 3 extra aside from Shelvin so somebody must go.

My fault. Just wondering if Mack and Exum are both considered hybrid guards by Quin or would the quality drop off be too much at SG.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Leslie Nielsen just rolled over in his grave...way to botch the line sun. Lol