• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Barkley on 680.. talking about the Hawks.

Diesel

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Although bringing in  Tom Thibodeau could make all the difference

They are a wild card ... injury prone and old ... Barnes finally gets to prove if he is all hype or the victim of Curry/Thompson

Yup...can see Mavs winning 55 games or possibly 35...lol

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Also the Timberwolves did sign Greg Ostertag and Brandon Rush ... watch out !!!  :)

Ostertag??? Lol wtf...he's back?

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yup...can see Mavs winning 55 games or possibly 35...lol

Just having Carlisle on the sideline gets them to the playoffs. Other than Pop/Duncan, the Rick/Dirk duo may be the next best coach/player combo in the league of the past decade. 

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, DS5 said:

Just having Carlisle on the sideline gets them to the playoffs. Other than Pop/Duncan, the Rick/Dirk duo may be the next best coach/player combo in the league of the past decade. 

I think that might be a reason Dallas has a hard time with free agents ... players don't like Carlisle but he gets results

Just now, capstone21 said:

I think that might be a reason Dallas has a hard time with free agents ... players don't like Carlisle but he gets results

Really? I didn't know that was the case. Why wouldn't they wanna play for him? 

54 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:
1 hour ago, DS5 said:

The wolves pick could come in 2017. 

I keep saying this and everyone says 2018. It's 2017 people!!!! And yes, Minny will make the playoffs this year.

Everyone says it because other sources say 2018.  I hope you two are right but here is two sources that say 2018.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Hawks.htm

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/11/5/9672160/Atlanta-Hawks-2016-NBA-Draft-Buddy-Hield-Josh-Hart

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Everyone says it because other sources say 2018.  I hope you two are right but here is two sources that say 2018.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Hawks.htm

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/11/5/9672160/Atlanta-Hawks-2016-NBA-Draft-Buddy-Hield-Josh-Hart

It looks like you are right :(  It starts in 2018 from various places that I read too ... well who cares if they win this up coming season now :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLSmith said:

Yea, that's the way I look at it.  I think critics are down on the Hawks moves mostly because the Hawks didn't retain Horford, which means they didn't get to trade Sap for assets.  However, due to cap limitations, the Hawks would not have been able to get that many assets in return for Sap while still retaining Horford.  And I wonder if the 6 mill gap was needed to actually acquire any sort of asset via to even make the Sap trade worth it.

Critics are also down on the Hawks because moves this year didn't make them an immediate contender.  But honestly, the Hawks have a good core to work with going forward.

Its always going to be a lose lose with the Hawks until we beat the Durants and Brons. We make moves and someones going to hate because of the obvious, which is the obvious for another 26 to 27  NBA Teams. Its a very good possibility no one will beat the Cavs in the East this year or GSW in the West. No one  made the moves that will allow them to beat the Cavaliers or Warriors. Sports writers will say we did not and hate on us. But the obvious answer is no one did.

Retaining Horford for a max, could hurt our future next season. If we'd a kept Horford and moved SAP, there would have been those that hated on us for giving Horford a max and moving SAP. Either way, we may not beat the Cavs this season, but of the other top four teams in the East, we made up the most ground this off season. I firmly believe that.

Edited by Buzzard

ill be happy if we beat the celtics - all I really care about everyone seems to think they have unseated us and raptors as second best team in the east.  fk that.

I think the nba is also expecting Baze to keep getting better - he had half the league after him and never really gave many teams the opp to talk - I dont hate that we didnt trade millsap because all offer s are taking advantage of the one year,  if we take on those salaries of Faried and such - and lose Paul, Id rather just keep him till the deadline and try and increase the offer or keep him period and just try and develop our piks -  I know he can opt out but any team signing him to 30 plus mill deal - are hurting themselves so Im not sure how many are going to line up for that this offseason, especially if AL doesnt make some huge difference to celtics which i dont think he will. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Its always going to be a lose lose with the Hawks until we beat the Durants and Brons. We make moves and someones going to hate because of the obvious, which is the obvious for another 26 to 27  NBA Teams. Its a very good possibility no one will beat the Cavs in the East this year or GSW in the West. No one  made the moves that will allow them to beat the Cavaliers or Warriors. Sports writers will say we did not and hate on us. But the obvious answer is no one did.

Retaining Horford for a max, could hurt our future next season. If we'd a kept Horford and moved SAP, there would have been those that hated on us for giving Horford a max and moving SAP. Either way, we may not beat the Cavs this season, but of the other top four teams in the East, we made up the most ground this off season. I firmly believe that.

Agreed.  Part of the problem for the Hawks is miss-management of assets by prior regime.  The Hawks are still paying for those mistakes.  I like to think they are making up ground though and at some point there will be a breakthrough to get this team over the hump.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I wonder how many will get that?

I'm sorry but Carlisle is awesome

Edited by Spud2Nique