• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Barkley on 680.. talking about the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1.  Hawks got no chance because of Durant and Lebron.  But they are better with Howard. 

2.  Dwight will play with a chip on his shoulder.  Playing in Atlanta will be beneficial for him. 

3.  It was good to move Whoreford, he was not worth all that money.  The Hawks were pretenders with him. 

4.  Hawks should not have traded Teague.  He was very underrated. 

Other things:

Miami wanted to get younger so they didn't want to pay Dwayne.  Get all the money you can is the most important thing you can do. 

Westbrook is a catch 22.   You can't get enough for him. 

• Like 3

So I'm guessing Jimmy Butler is a small forward now or are they still contemplating a trade?. A lot of skill at the Bull's swing positions if he stays.

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I love our off season up to this point and consider it the best one in decades. With Dwight we have our first true cornerstone since Dikembe. With SAP we have a scoring and rebounding power forward whom we have not seen the likes of since Kevin Willis. With Dennis we have a young PG with all star and all defensive team potential. With our two rookies we have some young exciting players that will get a chance to grow.  With Thabo and Korver we have two vets to help them grow; and will come to play every night with everything they have in the tank. With Bazemore we have a pencil in starter who will continue to contribute.

With Horford bailing we have a ton of cap space next season.  We hold our 1st round pick in 2017, and ours and the Timberwolves lottery protected 1st in 2018. I think our two to three year future is in as good a position as any team in the East, other than the Cavs.

Right on the money Buzzard.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We hold our 1st round pick in 2017, and ours and the Timberwolves lottery protected 1st in 2018. I think our two to three year future is in as good a position as any team in the East, other than the Cavs.

The wolves pick could come in 2017. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I love our off season up to this point and consider it the best one in decades. With Dwight we have our first true cornerstone since Dikembe. With SAP we have a scoring and rebounding power forward whom we have not seen the likes of since Kevin Willis. With Dennis we have a young PG with all star and all defensive team potential. With our two rookies we have some young exciting players that will get a chance to grow.  With Thabo and Korver we have two vets to help them grow; and will come to play every night with everything they have in the tank. With Bazemore we have a pencil in starter who will continue to contribute.

With Horford bailing we have a ton of cap space next season.  We hold our 1st round pick in 2017, and ours and the Timberwolves lottery protected 1st in 2018. I think our two to three year future is in as good a position as any team in the East, other than the Cavs.

Yea, that's the way I look at it.  I think critics are down on the Hawks moves mostly because the Hawks didn't retain Horford, which means they didn't get to trade Sap for assets.  However, due to cap limitations, the Hawks would not have been able to get that many assets in return for Sap while still retaining Horford.  And I wonder if the 6 mill gap was needed to actually acquire any sort of asset to even make the Sap trade worth it.

Critics are also down on the Hawks because moves this year didn't make them an immediate contender.  But honestly, the Hawks have a good core to work with going forward.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DS5 said:

The wolves pick could come in 2017. 

I keep saying this and everyone says 2018. It's 2017 people!!!! And yes, Minny will make the playoffs this year.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I keep saying this and everyone says 2018. It's 2017 people!!!! And yes, Minny will make the playoffs this year.

I was really hoping Pau would sign there. That would have made it a near lock to the playoffs for them. 

3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I was really hoping Pau would sign there. That would have made it a near lock to the playoffs for them. 

I think they still get in as a 7th or 8th seed this year. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think they still get in as a 7th or 8th seed this year. 

Hard to tell I think Utah makes the playoffs this year ... what teams drop out?  If OKC trades Westbrook they might otherwise they will get in.

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Hard to tell I think Utah makes the playoffs this year ... what teams drop out?  If OKC trades Westbrook they might otherwise they will get in.

I think Houston drops out and possibly Memphis, I know the Grizz have a good team on paper with Conley, Allen, Parsons, Zbo and Gasol but i think they have a weak bench. 

But almost exact same teams from last year just subtract the Rockets and add the Wolves.

• Admin

I think Houston drops out and possibly Memphis, I know the Grizz have a good team on paper with Conley, Allen, Parsons, Zbo and Gasol but i think they have a weak bench. 

But almost exact same teams from last year just subtract the Rockets and add the Wolves.

Utah is better then the wolves ... they will take Houston's spot ... I think Memphis is still going to grind out victories ... I hope Wolves make it ... they have a lot of young talent but that talent hasn't figured out how to win yet.  I hope this is their year

No guarantees here. Let's see...

Locks

Golden State, San Antonio, LA Clippers

Strong belief they get in

Portland, Dallas, Houston, Memphis, OKC (if they keep Westbrook)

On the cusp if things go right

Minnesota, Utah, New Orleans

It will be a battle for those last two spots...

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Utah is better then the wolves ... they will take Houston's spot ... I think Memphis is still going to grind out victories ... I hope Wolves make it ... they have a lot of young talent but that talent hasn't figured out how to win yet.  I hope this is their year

Ya Utah is good. Utah and Minny will fight to get in. Rox, Grizz, Blazers fight to get out. 

Have have you the Grizz bench? It's like the game Barkley plays....who he play fo..

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Dejay said:

No guarantees here. Let's see...

Locks

Golden State, San Antonio, LA Clippers

Strong belief they get in

Portland, Dallas, Houston, Memphis, OKC (if they keep Westbrook)

On the cusp if things go right

Minnesota, Utah, New Orleans

It will be a battle for those last two spots...

I forgot about New Orleans ... if healthy (and that is a big IF) they will also be contenders to make the playoffs

I actually think Dallas is also a hit or miss...I can see them being really good with 

D. Will

Wes Matthews

Barnes

Dirk

Bogut 

But also could fail because Bogut is always hurt, Dirk is old,Matthews had a huge injury just a year ago, and D Will is old and injury prone.

• Admin

Although bringing in  Tom Thibodeau could make all the difference

I actually think Dallas is also a hit or miss...I can see them being really good with 

D. Will

Wes Matthews

Barnes

Dirk

Bogut 

But also could fail because Bogut is always hurt, Dirk is old,Matthews had a huge injury just a year ago, and D Will is old and injury prone.

They are a wild card ... injury prone and old ... Barnes finally gets to prove if he is all hype or the victim of Curry/Thompson