• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Barkley on 680.. talking about the Hawks.

Diesel

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Everyone says it because other sources say 2018.  I hope you two are right but here is two sources that say 2018.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Hawks.htm

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/11/5/9672160/Atlanta-Hawks-2016-NBA-Draft-Buddy-Hield-Josh-Hart

1 hour ago, DS5 said:

It is confusing.  I read somewhere that Minny owes some team (unsure which) a 2017 1st round pick and it has not been conferred since the previous picks to that team were lottery protected.  If they had given the pick this past season, we would be getting the pick in 2017, but since they owe the other team, ours is in 2018.   At least that's what I gather , don't know if accurate though.

20 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Still not sure what's going on but I'm glad you kids are having fun. 

19 minutes ago, AnnieMay said:

I am one of those that don't get it, lol.

@DS5 Carlisle talks out of his arse.

@AnnieMay  it'll take some time but we speak a lot with 'gifs' here.

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

1.  Hawks got no chance because of Durant and Lebron.  But they are better with Howard. 

2.  Dwight will play with a chip on his shoulder.  Playing in Atlanta will be beneficial for him. 

3.  It was good to move Whoreford, he was not worth all that money.  The Hawks were pretenders with him. 

4.  Hawks should not have traded Teague.  He was very underrated. 

Other things:

Miami wanted to get younger so they didn't want to pay Dwayne.  Get all the money you can is the most important thing you can do. 

Westbrook is a catch 22.   You can't get enough for him. 

They say the Mavs had no chance when the 2010 Heat first came around.

I agree with Dwight in ATL.

I agree. It's only so much retooling you can do around Horford. It was time to move on.

Teague needed to go. Dennis outplayed him in the playoffs and no need to have PG tension during the regular season.

I don't blame Miami, don't want to be a treadmill team.

Yeah, OKC is in a tough spot.

2 hours ago, Dejay said:

No guarantees here. Let's see...

Locks

Golden State, San Antonio, LA Clippers

Strong belief they get in

Portland, Dallas, Houston, Memphis, OKC (if they keep Westbrook)

On the cusp if things go right

Minnesota, Utah, New Orleans

It will be a battle for those last two spots...

Utah would be my pick. They're loaded.

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I actually think Dallas is also a hit or miss...I can see them being really good with 

D. Will

Wes Matthews

Barnes

Dirk

Bogut 

But also could fail because Bogut is always hurt, Dirk is old,Matthews had a huge injury just a year ago, and D Will is old and injury prone.

Carlisle be coaching those boys up. Despite what older talent they have, they still manage to make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I forgot about New Orleans ... if healthy (and that is a big IF) they will also be contenders to make the playoffs

Two of their injury prone guys (Gordon, Anderson) are gone. They upgraded at SG and SF with Buddy and Hill. Upgraded the bench with Galloway and Moore. Now if they could get rid of Tyreke and Asik that would be great.

Jrue/Buddy/Hill/AD/Asik should be straight. Bench - Galloway/Moore/Pondexter/Cunningham/Ainjca. Although if they could get rid of Asik and Tyreke that would be great.

16 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Two of their injury prone guys (Gordon, Anderson) are gone. They upgraded at SG and SF with Buddy and Hill. Upgraded the bench with Galloway and Moore. Now if they could get rid of Tyreke and Asik that would be great.

Jrue/Buddy/Hill/AD/Asik should be straight. Bench - Galloway/Moore/Pondexter/Cunningham/Ainjca. Although if they could get rid of Asik and Tyreke that would be great.

Their biggest injury concern will always be AD - he's starting to become 'glassy'

3 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

They have Davis and they built nothing around him.

Hill has the worst contract in the nba for what the olayer's worth.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Their biggest injury concern will always be AD - he's starting to become 'glassy'

Eh, I hope not. Defeats the whole purpose of acquiring Asik.

26 minutes ago, MrYellow said:

They have Davis and they built nothing around him.

Hill has the worst contract in the nba for what the olayer's worth.

Dude played well in the playoffs and it's only 12 mil. I can think of plenty of worse contracts like Deng/Mozgov/Turner.

Edited by BigDog90