• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good read about Baze

Jdawgflow

• Premium Member
On 7/11/2016 at 9:57 AM, Dejay said:

Do we have the Baze gaze GIF yet? That's the gift that keeps on giving...

rooULSd.gif?noredirect

THIS!!!!  Hilarious!!  Can't wait til the Baze Gaze gets to the finals!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Couple of choice excerpts:

• I would’ve been leaving a solid situation to go to Houston and play with James Harden, who is a great player, but one thing I want to do more this year is play with the ball in my hands. I understand that the Rockets are James’ team, so I thought the best thing for me was to stay here, where I can blossom.
  • There are still levels to go – be an All-Star, be a superstar, MVP talk. That may seem farfetched, but I think at this rate, anything that I say can very well happen. Looking at how far I’ve come over the last few years, I think anything is obtainable. I know a lot of guys get a pay check and then relax, but I’m not going to be that guy.
  • [Dwight's coming to Atlanta is] a situation for him where, unlike in L.A. and unlike in Houston, this is going to be his team. We’ll work off of him.
  • I think next summer, I’ll be sitting in every [free agent recruiting] meeting. I think it’s a strong gesture when a team brings one of their leaders to a meeting because they can weigh in and tell the player how they can fit. For some reason, certain guys have a lot of pride or a big ego so they don’t want to show up to a free-agent meeting to recruit a guy to come play with them.  I’ll definitely be a recruiter in the future. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Couple of choice excerpts:

• I would’ve been leaving a solid situation to go to Houston and play with James Harden, who is a great player, but one thing I want to do more this year is play with the ball in my hands. I understand that the Rockets are James’ team, so I thought the best thing for me was to stay here, where I can blossom.
  • There are still levels to go – be an All-Star, be a superstar, MVP talk. That may seem farfetched, but I think at this rate, anything that I say can very well happen. Looking at how far I’ve come over the last few years, I think anything is obtainable. I know a lot of guys get a pay check and then relax, but I’m not going to be that guy.
  • [Dwight's coming to Atlanta is] a situation for him where, unlike in L.A. and unlike in Houston, this is going to be his team. We’ll work off of him.
  • I think next summer, I’ll be sitting in every [free agent recruiting] meeting. I think it’s a strong gesture when a team brings one of their leaders to a meeting because they can weigh in and tell the player how they can fit. For some reason, certain guys have a lot of pride or a big ego so they don’t want to show up to a free-agent meeting to recruit a guy to come play with them.  I’ll definitely be a recruiter in the future. 

Seems like half those quotes tear into a certain former teammate of his.  That Alicia emojicon would've greatly enhanced the hilariousness of this post.  Make America Great again @Dolfan23, brang bak the Al emoji.  4 more years!  4 more years!

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

al_horford.jpg  "You can work around the lack of emoji; it's not impossible like grabbing 10 rebounds in a game."  -- Alicia Horford, 7/26/16

Jus' ain't the same, mang.  Jus' ain't the same ...

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Seems like half those quotes tear into a certain former teammate of his.  @Dolfan23

It's also hilarious he's throwing some shade at Harden. Baze knows Harden is a ball hogging chucker.

Some other things that stood out to me:

Bazemore: “I think obviously losing Al and Jeff – two All-Stars – is a blow, but from an organization standpoint, I know they were looking to head in a new direction.

And then:

“I’m working on my body a ton. For me, getting stronger is super important. I’m just as athletic as any player in the league, but strength is important over an 82-game season. I’ve been working on my body a lot."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, macdaddy said:

Hey @HopefulHawksFan, we couldn't really see the title belt in the picture of your daughter.   That thing is awesome.   I hope she wore it to school.

Actually it is way too HEAVY for her to carry around at school.  That thing is the real deal.  I did bring it to school for her to show off and then took it home.  

I tweeted the Hawks yesterday and told them they should have an UNO themed family night at one of the games and she could come and bring her belt and be honorary captain.  I think it's a great idea!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

Actually it is way too HEAVY for her to carry around at school.  That thing is the real deal.  I did bring it to school for her to show off and then took it home.  

I tweeted the Hawks yesterday and told them they should have an UNO themed family night at one of the games and she could come and bring her belt and be honorary captain.  I think it's a great idea!

I'm super jealous.   I'm not even showing my kids these pics because they'll kill me for not taking them.  

• 4 weeks later...