• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

K. Humphries is back!

swolehawk2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm thinking that he thought Durant would join him.   Plus i think he really decided a change of scenery would be good.   I can't blame him for that. 

If he thought Durant was going there, I shake my head at his naivete - Durant was going to pass on more money, a better incumbent team and a better new team to go to Boston (a city that black free agents have never embraced)?  Really?  

I agree he was looking for a change at this stage and Boston isn't the worst team he could have joined.  It just wasn't a team with the 2016-17 promise of some other options.  And it was one of Atlanta's biggest rivals so you are burning your bridge on your way out the door with your Celtic pride.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

That is the frustrating thing for me.  He stays with the team for all these years with his father publicly complaining about him having to bang with bigs.  He obviously no longer wants to bang with bigs but still does a lot of really good things.  We sign the big that will do the things he no longer wants to do and put us in a position to have arguably the best frontcourt in the league and he jumps to a team where he will at best again be the best big on a mediocre team.  Why not give it a shot after all the work you have put in?  Just sign a 1+1 if  you want to see and then you can opt out for a bigger deal next year if money is the big driver.  But to jump ship right when the team looks ready to peak?  Frustrating.

^^^This so much.   This reeks of his 'new' agent trying to make a name for himself.

He had been the big frog in the little pond (Atlanta) and now someone (Howard) was coming

to the little pond and then would be a bigger frog.

He chose to move on to Boston, a bigger pond, no doubt, hoping that, when he got there, he

would be the biggest frog in that pond.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.  (Usually, because it gets more bull s---)

The green of the Celtics, both their money and their fans, sure looked great to him, so he left.

Fans, including many here, said they didn't think he was worth the maximum and the front office

of the Hawks finally listened.  He felt insulted by the fans, I suppose.  It did nothing to improve

our outlook when his dad said that he felt that Boston had much better fans.

• Like 4

On July 15, 2016 at 11:53 AM, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I want Humph to cross Horford so bad next season with that AI type crossover he's got.... Our effectiveness was at 100% when we ran a Humphries isolation. 

Am thinking along the lines of what Humph did to Kevin Love in the  first rebound that they both went after in the playoffs against each other. One player ended up on the floor and it wasn't Kris. Of course Al will have to battle for a rebound against Kris in the paint for that pretty result. Figure the odds.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Am thinking along the lines of what Humph did to Kevin Love in the  first rebound that they both went after in the playoffs against each other. One player ended up on the floor and it wasn't Kris. Of course Al will have to battle for a rebound against Kris in the paint for that pretty result. Figure the odds.

Nahhhhh. Let's let Kris beat him at his own game. Top of the key 3 point shootout.... Y'all can't forget this man caught fire from behind the arc in the postseason especially in the Boston series. More importantly game 5! 

On 7/15/2016 at 10:37 AM, AHF said:

That is the frustrating thing for me.  He stays with the team for all these years with his father publicly complaining about him having to bang with bigs.  He obviously no longer wants to bang with bigs but still does a lot of really good things.  We sign the big that will do the things he no longer wants to do and put us in a position to have arguably the best frontcourt in the league and he jumps to a team where he will at best again be the best big on a mediocre team.  Why not give it a shot after all the work you have put in?  Just sign a 1+1 if  you want to see and then you can opt out for a bigger deal next year if money is the big driver.  But to jump ship right when the team looks ready to peak?  Frustrating.

Exactly. We would've dominated the paint and I think Sap would be comfortable as 6th man that closes games.

We would have dominated the paint but Al wouldn't have much of anything to do with it. Those days ended two or three years ago. Our path at the very least is more clear now. We know what we have up front and weren't so sure with Al anymore. The playoffs revealed something we needed to correct and by and awkward array of events has hopefully been rectified. A stretch four should not cost what the Celts paid for one especially experiencing what we have experienced recently. Ainge still wants a physical center. That says quite enough.  

• Like 2

On 7/15/2016 at 10:30 AM, macdaddy said:

I'm late to this thread so someone may have already made this point, but that Sap / Horford / Howard frontcourt had to have been enticing to think about for Horford.   Unless he really didn't like Howard.    I mean why not give that a go.    He was obviously just hurt by the initial offer.    The Hawks should have signed him for whatever as they could always trade Horford barring injury.

Plus, I think Horford has been convinced that he is not as effective at PF.   In his ajc interview he said "remember there was a time when i wanted to be PF".     

Ive often wondred why Horf didnt do a 2 year deal with a year 1 player option.  I guess he thought it was too risky or he just needed a change of scenery.

• Moderators
On 7/16/2016 at 3:09 PM, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Nahhhhh. Let's let Kris beat him at his own game. Top of the key 3 point shootout.... Y'all can't forget this man caught fire from behind the arc in the postseason especially in the Boston series. More importantly game 5! 

Don't forget Kris is not a good 3pt shooter.  Catching fire for a couple of games is one thing but he is a Josh Smith level 3pt shooter for his career.  He is a beast on the boards, though.