• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

K. Humphries is back!

swolehawk2

Now the team is starting to look real good to me. Getting Kris and Jack aboard help ease my two biggest concerns which was FC depth and someone to play behind Dennis. Hopefully Jack and Tiago health will be good. Going into this season I am liking this team a lot. Should still top-5 easily in the East and maybe creep up into top-3 if some of these pieces fall in line with what they are capable of doing.

Just now, nathan2331 said:

If Horford had stayed, would we be able to keep the same roster, or did someone have to go?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

No way this team could be this deep with Whoreford (copyighted by Diesel) on the squad.

• Like 2

No way this team could be this deep with Whoreford (copyighted by Diesel) on the squad.

Okay that makes losing him better in my eyes since we didn't get anything from him leaving. Hopefully they decide to move Splitter so we can get an upgrade somewhere else.

14 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

Suddenly we are deep as hell.  3 deep at all positions and wouldn't mind if the 15th guy off the bench got in the game.  Our "scrub" on the bench would be in the rotation for half the teams in the league in my eyes.

The bench '2nd unit 5'  are all veterans - Sefolsha, Humphries, Splitter, Jack, Hardaway Jr (young veteran - haha).

Which means our 3rd string lineup won't get much playing time.

Anyone a little concerned that this will stall the progress of our young players?

Tavares barely played last season. Surely it isn't good if has another season to last whereby he doesn't get minutes. Likewise our first round pick in Prince. It is going to be a waste of a pick if he doesn't get in the rotation if we go to Sefolsha to mainly backup Bazemore.

1 minute ago, TheBigETrain said:

The bench '2nd unit 5'  are all veterans - Sefolsha, Humphries, Splitter, Jack, Hardaway Jr (young veteran - haha).

Which means our 3rd string lineup won't get much playing time.

Anyone a little concerned that this will stall the progress of our young players?

Tavares barely played last season. Surely it isn't good if has another season to last whereby he doesn't get minutes. Likewise our first round pick in Prince. It is going to be a waste of a pick if he doesn't get in the rotation if we go to Sefolsha to mainly backup Bazemore.

My guess is Baze is starting at SG and Kyle at SF.

13 minutes ago, hazer said:

Wow, so 2nd unit is now:

Jack/3zus/Thabo/Hump/Splitter

That's  frikin' DEPTH son...

I wouldn't say so. My guess is Baze and Korver are still the starting wings, unless Hardaway steps up bigtime in the preseason games. Also Delaney is the projected backup PG. Jack is the vet mentor and #3 guy.

So 2nd unit will probably be Delaney / Hardaway / Thabo / Humphries / Splitter

• Premium Member

Usually I'm one of the glass half-full guys around here.

We need Korver coming off the bench this season, not starting... imho.

That means, we're still lacking a front line scorer at the 3.

Hope Sothron's source is right that that's something we've been pursuing... Rudy Gay, in particular... THAT would be a huge get that would turn my frown upside down... or something similar.

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I wouldn't say so. My guess is Baze and Korver are still the starting wings, unless Hardaway steps up bigtime in the preseason games. Also Delaney is the projected backup PG. Jack is the vet mentor and #3 guy.

So 2nd unit will probably be Delaney / Hardaway / Thabo / Humphries / Splitter

I had Blaze starting at SG and 3zus at SF, but then Kyle sliding to the 2 with the early Thabo sub, also thinking the backup PG situation will depend on how well Delaney's game translates to the NBA, and more so how well Jack's ACL has healed.

Splitter is a freaking good player! What is wrong with all of the people that want to get rid of him? We are lucky to have him as a backup C.

Splitter didn't do anything special for us last season and his health still remains a big question for us going forward. He is most definitely replaceable. If we can move him for a SF we definetly should.

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Splitter didn't do anything special for us last season and his health still remains a big question for us going forward. He is most definitely replaceable. If we can move him for a SF we definetly should.

Humphries isn't a backup center. He played "emergency" backup center for us last year. He's better suited guarding PF's. Splitter is our only proven backup C, with the young Tavares behind him.

You don't trade your only proven backup C for a SF when we already have 6 wings on the roster that will be fighting for minutes.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

We need Korver coming off the bench this season, not starting... imho.

That means, we're still lacking a front line scorer at the 3.

Hope Sothron's source is right that that's something we've been pursuing... Rudy Gay, in particular... THAT would be a huge get that would turn my frown upside down... or something similar.

You do realize that adding Rudy Gay would likely mean Thabo or Korver would be gone, right? I'm not saying I'm totally against that, just pointing out the reality of the situation. It would also mean Tavares would be our only real backup C on the roster since Humph is a PF that can be an emergency fill in at C.

Humphries isn't a backup center. He played "emergency" backup center for us last year. He's better suited guarding PF's. Splitter is our only proven backup C, with the young Tavares behind him.

You don't trade your only proven backup C for a SF when we already have 6 wings on the roster that will be fighting for minutes.

You do when a) the backup center can't stay healthy and b) out of the 6 wings none of the should start at SF. Unless we see sizeable improvement from Bazemore and Hardaway Jr (which is definetly possible), we're going to struggle at the wing positions once again.

13 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

You do when a) the backup center can't stay healthy and b) out of the 6 wings none of the should start at SF. Unless we see sizeable improvement from Bazemore and Hardaway Jr (which is definetly possible), we're going to struggle at the wing positions once again.

Your definition of "struggling at the wing positions" must be completely different from mine...

Also, Tiago Splitter's games played since 2010:

• 2010 - 60
  • 2011 - 59
  • 2012 - 81
  • 2013 - 59
  • 2014 - 52
  • 2015 - 36

So let's not act like the 36 games he played last year is typical for him - it isn't.

Edited by RandomFan