• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

K. Humphries is back!

swolehawk2

Very good news about 3zus coming off the bench for 6MOTY. But I bet he gets at least 20mins. Bodes well for Prince's minutes too, great stuff.

Seventeen man roster.  We're going to have to unload two players.  Then we're going to have two players on the inactive list.  Hmmmm.  Wonder what's going on here?

Glad to have Humphries back though!

Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member

Unless some other major move goes down, imo, we NEED Prince to be exceptional in every sense of the word. As I recall, last time we were counting this heavily on an early teens pick to assert and distinguish himself so quickly, it was Acie. What we saw yesterday was encouraging, but if the team as it is currently assembled is to excel, Prince needs to perform even better and become one of the breakout stars of this draft class; that, because of what we are starving for at the 3.

No pressure.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pimp said:

"Coach Bud doesn't care about rebounding "

Anyone still believe that,  after signing Howard and Hump?

Which is exactly why they didn't max Alice Whorefart, and let his soft candy-a$$ self walk. I think the low ORB nimbers WERE by design, key word being "were." Looks like Bud is adjusting after seeing that wasn't working out so well.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Saw this posted on another site:

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I don't believe that report.  I can see them limiting his minutes, but 15 min a game is a huge drop.  That sounds like a radio guy making up something semi-plausible to sound like he's got 'sources'.  You betta get off realgm, Bird.

Yeah, agree with kg on this one. Kincaid is about as reliable as Baghdad Bob. And if he does come off the bench he'd more likely only cut his minutes from 28 to around 20.

Hardaway is the most likely starter beside Bazemore if Korver isn't. Prince is still too raw, but possible. No way in hell does Thabo start over Korver.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Coaches think Prince is picking up the offense quickly:

Oh man, Prince looks even smoother than he did in college. Some guy's games just translate really well to the NBA and he's one of them. His handles are much better than I remember and when he steals the ball it looks effortless like he's going only 60% of max speed. Lol. I'm guessing he will be solid.

I want Korver to play less and be sharp for the playoffs but 15 min? If I was coach Bud I'd want to play him 22-27 minutes a game. He still needs time out there just not as much.

23 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yeah, agree with kg on this one. Kincaid is about as reliable as Baghdad Bob. And if he does come off the bench he'd more likely only cut his minutes from 28 to around 20.

POTD?  Rando wins the interwebs today.  Everybody else's playin' for 2nd.  I could see Thabo starting but not playing starter's minutes.

41 minutes ago, hazer said:

Which is exactly why they didn't max Alice Whorefart, and let his soft candy-a$$ self walk. I think the low ORB nimbers WERE by design, key word being "were." Looks like Bud is adjusting after seeing that wasn't working out so well.

Sorry hazer, we don't talk about Selltics on the main board.  It is cute how, as the emphasis on reboarding increased, Alice's importance ... opposite of increased.

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Oh man, Prince looks even smoother than he did in college. Some guy's games just translate really well to the NBA and he's one of them. His handles are much better than I remember and when he steals the ball it looks effortless like he's going only 60% of max speed. Lol. I'm guessing he will be solid.

I want Korver to play less and be sharp for the playoffs but 15 min? If I was coach Bud I'd want to play him 22-27 minutes a game. He still needs time out there just not as much.

Prince did look smoov.  I kept reminding myself it's summer league so not to read too much into it.  Still, it was good to see him not look all discombobulated out there.

I can't remember who said it but it was a salient statement that, "Summer league can't show you who belongs in the league but it can certainly show you who doesn't."  Prince seemed just fine.  Hope he continues to improve.

Prince isn't a high ceiling prospect, which is why I continue to try to drill this fact: "Making him chill on the bench or go to the d-league is wasting everyone's time, sorry, it really is in this case." Not letting him see real NBA time is not going to let him develop what skills he DOES have.

With Bembry, I can be talked into it, but with Prince, no. Not at all.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Prince isn't a high ceiling prospect, which is why I continue to try to drill this fact: "Making him chill on the bench or go to the d-league is wasting everyone's time, sorry, it really is in this case." Not letting him see real NBA time is not going to let him develop what skills he DOES have.

With Bembry, I can be talked into it, but with Prince, no. Not at all.

Paul Milsap called. He wants you to define "high ceiling prospect."

• Like 3

Just now, sturt said:

Paul Milsap called. He wants you to define "high ceiling."

I mean I hate this BS idea that rookies automatically have to sit and watch for one year because they aren't going to be able to really play at the NBA level for the first year and won't even be able to help in a support role on the bench.

That's BS. Anyone that really thinks that is FOS.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I mean when Wes Wilcox says he will see NBA time immediately... If he doesn't than he and Bud don't see eye to eye.

But I don't believe the BS that Korver's mins will be cut into THAT much.

I don't think anyone's fooled as-if Wilcox's opinion will not always be subordinate to his boss' opinion. Wilcox is there to manage the details.

But too, I agree that Korver's minutes will be reduced (hopefully) but not all that much.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I mean I hate this BS idea that rookies automatically have to sit and watch for one year because they aren't going to be able to really play at the NBA level for the first year and won't even be able to help in a support role on the bench.

That's BS. Anyone that really thinks that is FOS.

For the record, that's not my opinion, and for that matter, we don't know  that that's Bud's opinion (ie, as far as I'm aware, he's not on record as having said any blanket statements on the topic). But looking at the evidence--ie, what little has been said and what has actually transpired since Bud's arrival--it's a natural conclusion to make regarding HIS opinion. And in the end, it's only his that matters, of course.