• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

K. Humphries is back!

swolehawk2

I'm really looking forward to Baze and Tim hardaway if they will show some improvements and take their game to the  next level continuing from last season.

Same goes to Kyle, he was having a lot of up and downs last year, after  he had that surgery. Hopefully, he's 100 percent healthy for next season.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
Grammar correction
  • Like 1

Your definition of "struggling at the wing positions" must be completely different from mine...

Also, Tiago Splitter's games played since 2010:

• 2010 - 60
  • 2011 - 59
  • 2012 - 81
  • 2013 - 59
  • 2014 - 52
  • 2015 - 36
So let's not act like the 36 games he played last year is typical for him - it isn't.

We have 4 SGs- Bazemore, Korver, Hardaway Jr and Bembry

and 2 SFs - Sefolosha and Prince.

Last year the wings were our weakest position and we haven't done much to improve the situation right now. Of course, Prince and Bembry may prove me wrong, but I don't think they'll be ready to start for us this year. So what's wrong moving Splitter to get help? It 16 minutes he averaged 6 points and 3 rebounds with so-so defense... That's definitely replaceable. I don't think there's anyone available for us, but I believe we should at least be shopping him.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

Splitter didn't do anything special for us last season and his health still remains a big question for us going forward. He is most definitely replaceable. If we can move him for a SF we definetly should.

Take a look at his stats before the injury...

1 hour ago, TheBigETrain said:

The bench '2nd unit 5'  are all veterans - Sefolsha, Humphries, Splitter, Jack, Hardaway Jr (young veteran - haha).

Which means our 3rd string lineup won't get much playing time.

Anyone a little concerned that this will stall the progress of our young players?

Tavares barely played last season. Surely it isn't good if has another season to last whereby he doesn't get minutes. Likewise our first round pick in Prince. It is going to be a waste of a pick if he doesn't get in the rotation if we go to Sefolsha to mainly backup Bazemore.

I'm not worried. My line of thinking: if they're good, they play.

Many time I see people going like "he's young, he needs to play to develop his potential". That's not always true, being young does not mean having potential. They're "only" correlated.

But as you well know, correlation does not mean causation.

Love the signing of Hump!! Great job by Wilcox.

Hump will give our bench some rebounding and toughness! Now we have 3 guys who really like to bang under the basket (Howard, Hump, Splitter)... last season we got nobody, as Hump was aquiered later and splitter was injured... horford was soft as hell!

And in addition we have Sap, who is also a good rebounder at PF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gHost83 said:

No way this team could be this deep with Whoreford (copyighted by Diesel) on the squad.

Sorry I only have 1 like.  I have no idea why they offered him as much as they did.  Yet again the Hawks "allow" someone to walk and get considerably better.  Josh out, Sap in.  Alfredo out, Dwight, Jack, and Hump in.    Sound like clear wins to me.

With Sullinger gone we better kill Boston on the glass by 10 every time.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, RandomFan said:

You do realize that adding Rudy Gay would likely mean Thabo or Korver would be gone, right? I'm not saying I'm totally against that, just pointing out the reality of the situation. It would also mean Tavares would be our only real backup C on the roster since Humph is a PF that can be an emergency fill in at C.

1. Likely, yes, but not necessarily. Splitter plus Patterson would be sufficient salary to obtain Gay. And I would suspect that the 1st from MIN in 2018 would have to be part of any deal. I don't see us doing anything with SAC w/o a third team.

2. I do recognize such a theoretical deal would open up a need at C. But then, with the full MLE being obtained, and given how the market has thinned out, it's not inconceivable that a Jordan Hill might be brought in.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Sorry I only have 1 like.  I have no idea why they offered him as much as they did.  Yet again the Hawks "allow" someone to walk and get considerably better.  Josh out, Sap in.  Alfredo out, Dwight, Jack, and Hump in.    Sound like clear wins to me.

With Sullinger gone we better kill Boston on the glass by 10 every time.

Just to be fair.... it would have been Al or Sap out, yes, but Jack on a min salary could be obtained regardless of the cap, and having an MLE would have enabled us to sign Hump regardless as well.... plus there's no telling what assets would have been obtained in a Sap trade that might have made signing Jack or Hump unnecessary to begin with.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Splitter is a freaking good player! What is wrong with all of the people that want to get rid of him? We are lucky to have him as a backup C.

Many people are just disappointed that Splitter missed most of last season.  However, I like the fact that we can come off the bench with size and we also have Charlie Hustle... Humphries back doing his thing. 

8 hours ago, supermariowest said:

Barring any trades and supposing Baze moves to SG, it's looking like:

Schro/Jack/Delaney

Baze/Korver/THJr

Thabo/Prince/Bembry

Sap/Humphries/Muscala

Howard/Splitter/Edy

Looking like a good lineup that will be very good by All-Star break. Humph is a good hustling answer for rebounds off the bench. Very happy with his signing..

Saw this posted on another site:

Today on 680 Kincade said his well placed source in the Hawks says Korver WILL NOT BE A STARTER this season. They want him 14-16 minutes .

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Keeping a lid on too many  minutes should help on defense plus this year no injury recovery to start the season for Kyle's stroke will be nice.  

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Just to be fair.... it would have been Al or Sap out, yes, but Jack on a min salary could be obtained regardless of the cap, and having an MLE would have enabled us to sign Hump regardless as well.... plus there's no telling what assets would have been obtained in a Sap trade that might have made signing Jack or Hump unnecessary to begin with.

There you go ruining my simplistic view of roster moves.  You f&@kin cap guys, man.  I'm gonna be on my deathbed not knowing exactly what an MLE is and how it works.  

And how about they change the name of the "Bird Rights?"  All I envision is green and three pointers after I see the phrase.  Make em Chris Gatling Rights or something.  Billy Owens.  Rumeal Robinson Rights.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So who starts? Baze and Thabo? Baze and Prince? I still think our best options at the wings are Korver and Baze, Perfect balance of offense and defense, at least until (and if) Prince develops. Specially having Dwight in the middle, you need to be able to spread the floor. I just can't see Thabo starting, and we still don't know what we have in Prince.

Coaches think Prince is picking up the offense quickly:

"Honestly, from when we watched him and we talked to him, and we've all seen him working out. I think he's picking up that stuff pretty quickly. The rotations may be a little bit different and responsibilities, but I think he's picking up stuff really quick, so I think him translating from college here won't be much of an adjustment for him."

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't believe that report.  I can see them limiting his minutes, but 15 min a game is a huge drop.  That sounds like a radio guy making up something semi-plausible to sound like he's got 'sources'.  You betta get off realgm, Bird.