• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which Hawk was more true to Atlanta?

Diesel

Tru2Atlanta  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I have no idea what "true to Atlanta" means, other than it being an advertising slogan.

Us fans are 'True to Atlanta.' Being a Hawks fan is not an easy thing to be. Through all the comings and goings 'We are here being true to Atlanta.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

A. At the beginning my plan was to stay (in Atlanta). I started to see that when the team stepped up and did what they had to do, I didn’t think we were on the same page. That’s when I was forced to start looking at other options.

Q. Are you talking about the Hawks signing Dwight Howard?

A. No, it was more from a financial standpoint.

I take it this was from Horf.

Let's take the time to realize that Horf doesn't want to be the villain.   Now.. back to the truth.  IF it was "From a Finanical standpoint.. then when the Hawks offered the most that he can get, why not sign?  He makes the premise that the Hawks were "not on the same page" because they didn't step up financially.  At the end of the game, the Hawks were the only team offering 136 Million dollars.   The most that he could get.   i.e. They stepped up.    Were they not on the same page then??   

This is the difference between being financially smart and being butt hurt is what he makes it sound like.

Here's the test mac...

You are worth about $750,000.  IF you were working for a company and one day you were disrespected by them giving you an offer of  $400,000.  The next day they tell you that they will pay you $1,000,000.   Are you going to let Butt hurt make you turn it down??

My point is that the $400,000 offer is meaningless if you sign for the $1,000,000.   Regardless of what you felt their intent was, they were willing to meet your price and give you more than your market value.   

To hear the interview that you posted, Al makes it sound like the Hawks never tried to meet him financially?  

The real truth is that Al thought that he could sway KD to come to Boston.   So Al leaving was not about the money.  It was not about being insulted.  It was about the fact that he thought he could be a part of the next superteam.  And maybe what his father said had some truth.. and maybe what he said about being butthurt over the first offer had some truth... but at the end of the day, he left for greener pastures. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I take it this was from Horf.

Let's take the time to realize that Horf doesn't want to be the villain.   Now.. back to the truth.  IF it was "From a Finanical standpoint.. then when the Hawks offered the most that he can get, why not sign?  He makes the premise that the Hawks were "not on the same page" because they didn't step up financially.  At the end of the game, the Hawks were the only team offering 136 Million dollars.   The most that he could get.   i.e. They stepped up.    Were they not on the same page then??   

This is the difference between being financially smart and being butt hurt is what he makes it sound like.

Here's the test mac...

You are worth about $750,000.  IF you were working for a company and one day you were disrespected by them giving you an offer of  $400,000.  The next day they tell you that they will pay you $1,000,000.   Are you going to let Butt hurt make you turn it down??

My point is that the $400,000 offer is meaningless if you sign for the $1,000,000.   Regardless of what you felt their intent was, they were willing to meet your price and give you more than your market value.   

To hear the interview that you posted, Al makes it sound like the Hawks never tried to meet him financially?  

The real truth is that Al thought that he could sway KD to come to Boston.   So Al leaving was not about the money.  It was not about being insulted.  It was about the fact that he thought he could be a part of the next superteam.  And maybe what his father said had some truth.. and maybe what he said about being butthurt over the first offer had some truth... but at the end of the day, he left for greener pastures.

Wrong. It was about the money and the hurt fee fee's. You're forgetting that Al doesn't care about the 5th year, because his agent has convinced him that he is going to be able to opt out of the Boston contract after year three and then sign ANOTHER higher max contract for 4 or 5 MORE years.

We offered $27.2m per year in the end; the Boston contract pays him $28.25m per year AND has a player option for the 4th year. We all know Whorefart isn't going to get anyone to give him another max contract 3 years from now, but his dumbass thinks he is. So it most definitely is about the money - and the percieved insult because he mistakenly overestimates his present and future value.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Wrong. It was about the money and the hurt fee fee's. You're forgetting that Al doesn't care about the 5th year, because his agent has convinced him that he is going to be able to opt out of the Boston contract after year three and then sign ANOTHER higher max contract for 4 or 5 MORE years.

We offered $27.2m per year in the end; the Boston contract pays him $28.25m per year AND has a player option for the 4th year. We all know Whorefart isn't going to get anyone to give him another max contract 3 years from now, but his dumbass thinks he is. So it most definitely is about the money - and the percieved insult because he mistakenly overestimates his present and future value.

Well if that's his thinking, I hope he fires his manager in a few years...

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well if that's his thinking, I hope he fires his manager in a few years...

I guess that's why he fired his agent, Bill Duffy during the season after Tellem went to DET. Duffy probably tried to talk some sense in him before he went back to Wasserman.

I just wonder what WAS/HOU offered him since he did consider them. They must didn't offer him the max. A tax free max in HOU would trump ATL, BOS and any potential WAS offer.

13 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I honestly think that guy WAS Horford but he felt like the team didn't really want him that bad.   I think we blew the negotiation and produced ill will.   Had we brought that 5 year offer initially i think he'd retire a hawk.   Or at least he'd be here till we traded him.   He setup a real life here. 

You left off Korver.    That guy invested in this community immediately and has done nothing but be a great teammate, citizen and bust his ass on the court.    I'd say Baze is in that same mold.

Yeah, definitely Kyle. Does great work with Atlanta Mission, preached at a church in ATL, took a frontloaded contract to stay in ATL. It's crazy I believe he's the longest tenured Hawk on this team now that Teague and Al are gone.

• Like 2

On July 15, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Germantor said:

D Wilkins .....

Nique! Even after that horrible trade that he didn't welcome, he has become a lifelong/permanent Hawk. Uneven announcing or not he's a great part of Hawk's history and he's just a great Hawk's homer. True to Atlanta.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Nique! Even after that horrible trade that he didn't welcome, he has become a lifelong/permanent Hawk. Uneven announcing or not he's a great part of Hawk's history and he's just a great Hawk's homer. True to Atlanta.  

I kind of like his "uneven announcing".

• Like 1

Yeah, at least Nique doesn't go completely prickish like Heinsohn does for the green. All-Stars that play for anyone else are just ok players unless the Celtics sign them as far as Heinsohn is concerned and then if they do sign them they truly are superior players and the missing piece the Celts needed. We shall see.