• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I took a long look at Monta when I took Bojan. Only thing I can tell you is I needed some size to fill in at the 2 and 3 spots, so I took BoBo instead. Monta going this late is a surprise for me but it also shows a lot of picks have been based on upside and youth; and not actual NBA performance.

I think it is a combination of upside and youth being particularly attractive at this point in the draft (i.e., you don't get a future star by taking a known vet but you might by taking a recent high lottery pick which is why the vets couldn't get traded for those players in real life) and Monta Ellis in particular.  He can score buckets for sure, but he is a tough guy to fit in on a roster where he is likely to be among the least efficient offensive players (he barely had a .500 TS% last season with his 42.7% shooting and 30.9% from deep) and is going to be a defensive liability at SG.  

He was on my do not draft list because I view him as a poor man's Iverson offensively but extremely disruptive to team building.  I think if the Pacers want Teague to succeed they need to ditch Monta.  For fantasy purposes he will always get his, but I don't like the real life implications on how that flows down to the rest of the team.  Bojan will never put up the volume scoring that Ellis has but he should do a better job defending and should help spacing with his healthy 38% 3pt shooting.  Between the two of them, I think you made the right choice.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

She is willing to do anything to help the team.  You can see her here getting a little extra studying in before she was set to announce her return to school.  Advanced analytics, of course:

ashley-judd-kentucky.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Wow...she's gonna be about 40 minutes away from me now. Maybe we can do lunch. Maybe we can do more. Don't you worry @AHF, I'm gonna take good care of her....:-)

5 hours ago, AHF said:

I think it is a combination of upside and youth being particularly attractive at this point in the draft (i.e., you don't get a future star by taking a known vet but you might by taking a recent high lottery pick which is why the vets couldn't get traded for those players in real life) and Monta Ellis in particular.  He can score buckets for sure, but he is a tough guy to fit in on a roster where he is likely to be among the least efficient offensive players (he barely had a .500 TS% last season with his 42.7% shooting and 30.9% from deep) and is going to be a defensive liability at SG.  

He was on my do not draft list because I view him as a poor man's Iverson offensively but extremely disruptive to team building.  I think if the Pacers want Teague to succeed they need to ditch Monta.  For fantasy purposes he will always get his, but I don't like the real life implications on how that flows down to the rest of the team.  Bojan will never put up the volume scoring that Ellis has but he should do a better job defending and should help spacing with his healthy 38% 3pt shooting.  Between the two of them, I think you made the right choice.

Thanks! In the last post I did not mention the 3 point shooting but in my pick post I did. For sure the two things I needed out of one player was floor spacing and height to play the 2 and 3. I just think of Monta as more of a combo guard at 6'3" and if I would have needed one, he'd been hard to pass on that late in the draft.

School is tough stuff fellas. My selection shall be and I'm shocked he's still available.... 

Norman Powell, SG 

PG-Russell Westbrook,Derrick Rose

SG-De'Angelo Russell,Norman Powell,Buddy Hield

SF-Gordon Hayward,Andre Iguodala

PF-Julius Randle

C-Nikola Vucevic,Bismack Biyombo

Coach-Brad Stevens

@Alex still on the clock 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

You're 13/16

Bummer. I checked the 2K rankings I found on a page and Wall is #5 PG, Harden is #1 SG, Parsons is #12 SF, Faried is #10 PF, and Monroe is #17 Center. Jrue is #14 PG

but Sullinger, Embiid, BoBo, and Kyle are not getting any love at all.  I was disappointed in Monroe's rankings as well.

Here is the link I pulled this from if anyone else wants to look.

http://thereal2kinsider.blogspot.com/2015/11/nba-2k16-player-ratings-full-list-w.html

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
9 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Give me the coach that has shown the ability to win the big one. A mastermind of the intricacies of basketball. The coach that has a history of making his players better. 

The h4wkfans select. Rick Carlisle. 

@pimp is up

hot_weird_funny_amazing_cool4_lasalle-ma

So close....yet so far...

Great pick!

• Like 2

Warning: Everybody needs to protect their knees and ankles, because my next pick might roll up under your legs!
peter-hurts-his-knee-o.gif

With the next pick, the Atlanta Air Force selects,
    Matthew Dellavedova   
CavsDelly_thb.jpg
Delly will compete for a chance to start for the bucks next season. He's a good 3pt shooter (41.0%) , plays hard on defense,  and is an all around pest for opposing guards.
He will be a solid backup for my team. He will stretch the  floor with his shooting , and take out  his opponent, BY ANY MEANS NECCESARY.
delly_stats.0.jpg

p0lvtN9.jpg

Edited by pimp
  • Like 4