• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Westbrook extends with the Thunder

capstone21

• Admin

I always thought it was going to be the opposite with Durant resigning and Westbrook taking off ...

I am happy for the Thunder and for small market teams as it shows that you don't have to be in the so called big market anymore to be relevant ....

It also feels like an 'f u' to Durant ... 

Good job Russ ... now Thunder go find a 3 point shooting small forward

• Like 3

• Admin
7 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

There were some rumors a while back about OKC possibly trading Westbrook after siging him.  I hope that isnt the case.

THey can't trade for 6 months but now that they have a commitment ... I see them continuing to build around him

• Like 2

• Premium Member

They aren't trading him. They bought themselves two years to show him they can still contend. They want to convince Blake to leave the Clips and come back home to OKC.

I thought Westbrook would be the one to leave to be his own man and Durant would stay but it turned out it was the other way around. Durant left to ring chase and now Westbrook gets to be the top dog in OKC.

On August 4, 2016 at 1:49 PM, capstone21 said:

THey can't trade for 6 months but now that they have a commitment ... I see them continuing to build around him

They actually look pretty good at the pg, sg and center positions. If Payne comes along they are two deep at those three positions. Got to figure something out for the forwards though. If nothing else Singler does shoot well from three. Does seem like they will build from this.

On 8/4/2016 at 11:07 AM, capstone21 said:

I always thought it was going to be the opposite with Durant resigning and Westbrook taking off ...

I am happy for the Thunder and for small market teams as it shows that you don't have to be in the so called big market anymore to be relevant ....

It also feels like an 'f u' to Durant ... 

Good job Russ ... now Thunder go find a 3 point shooting small forward

I agree and we both like the Westbrook/Oladipo combo. Payne is nice off the bench. Their centers and power forwards are good. They need that small forward you mentioned. Oladipo is a plus for them at SG over what they had, so replacing their small forward with a Durant type ( good luck with that ) is not the requirement. They need someone like Parsons to come in and be a 2nd or 3rd wheel.

Edited by Buzzard