• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

Yeah, the bottom line here is the offensive calls on third and fourth down lost it before the refs had any part in it. Like you said about controlling the game, we have got to control what we can and make smart plays and not kamikaze play calling that helps hand the game away. Still hate the refs of the NFL as much as the ones in the NBA and SEC football.  

Then again if the refs did get it right we would be facing Green Bay at home at 6-1. This team is different and better from last year in a number of ways but we can't afford to go total dumbass on those third and fourth and one plays. Matt Ryan is not remotely built for or good at the sneak. Could even see an injury occurring there so lets avoid that play call.  

Edited by Thomas

All eyes on the refs calling the match ups with Julio and we still end up with some fairly obvious incompetence by the zebras. Understand we can't depend on the refs to help us win a game and we shouldn't but just call a game correctly please. 

Maybe the most likely a bust label comes off now with Beasley breaking double digits in sacks now in his short career with us. He's causing concern for opposing quarterbacks this year. Keep the pressure on.   

@Spud2Nique you beat me today in fantasy but I'll take that with another Falcons victory. I like what I'm seeing from the pass rush and the offense is amazing. Vic is a stud. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jy23 said:

@Spud2Nique you beat me today in fantasy but I'll take that with another Falcons victory. I like what I'm seeing from the pass rush and the offense is amazing. Vic is a stud. 

Oh I didn't realize I was playing you in fantasy. Good matchup though. Ya you guys did great and got the job done in the clutch against Aaron Rodgers. More often than not, teams fail against that freak. Lol. Vic is sick agreed.

9 hours ago, jy23 said:

I like what I'm seeing from the pass rush and the offense is amazing. Vic is a stud. 

That first round pick of Beaseley is making the Falcons look smart this season as opposed to the way it did last year. Kid is getting better and better at his correct position. Another really good game. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yes, Beasley is looking like the guy we thought we were drafting last year. We still need some other guys to show up, we get nothing from our DTs and only Clayborn as a situational pass rusher at DE can generate pressure. I thought Jarrett would step up this season but I'm not seeing it.

Yesterday was a big win. Not just beating Rogers but doing it without Julio practically the whole game. I just hope he's not seriously injured.

Yo @Sothron, are you looking for stats or just good play from Grady? Bc if you're looking for stats I understand your complaint but if you're just looking at his play that man has been pretty damn good this year. I'll try to find a couple gifs to show you if I can but that guy has been BEASTING 

Defensive tackles or the nose get sacks here and there until they are double teamed and then the DEs and LBs get most of the sacks. Hard to really know what was going on with Shelby. On one play he's strong then somewhere else on other plays until an injury. Still its always a team effort. We're causing opposing quarterbacks some problems now finally. Lets enjoy it while we can because a thirty year old John Abrahm is not coming round here. 

• Like 1

https://t.co/7SxzoikPbx

check Grady beside Vic. Vic got the sack bc they pulled a stunt and Grady performed his job to perfection by eating up both the guard and the tackle allowing Vic to loop around and get that free look on rivers. This is just one example but my man has been killing it all year actually. @Sothron

Edited by jy23
  • Like 1

He gets a lot of penetration upfield, I will say that he's not completing those plays yet but he's getting major penetration. Give him some time and he'll be one of the best in the league. He and Vic together for years to come is going to be special....I'm telling you 

• Like 1

The Upshaw guy with such a dramatic change in his body and his onfield responsibilities is something to bare witness to as well. There is a reason he was blatantly held at least four or five times on the field on Sunday. I admit I just didn't see the signing meaning too much but overall this is part of what is going on with our defensive coaching. Its not polished but we are getting there with scheme and players. Like Dan Quinn on the defensive side of the ball. 

• Like 1