• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators
5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

That's just some BS there.   You can't tell me they didn't swallow the whistle for a reason.     Taking the high road is great and all but that will also get you screwed again.   Quinn should have taken the fine and called BS in the press conference because if you let this just fade away on Monday then the refs don't feel any pressure.   If they feel the pressure they'll think twice about screwing up again.   

If it was just a missed call to get us a first down in our own territory then i say well that sucks, but you're talking about a call, that if made properly, almost certainly wins us the game.    You can't miss that call.   With all the touch PI calls they make in this league, to miss the league's top receiver having his arm held down on the most important play of the game is just bush league.   

It was some BS, but Matty threw up a prayer on 4th & 10 and was just hoping for either Jones to come down with it or a PI call.  Neither happened. When you rely on the refs to make a play for you, you'll lose 99.99% of the time. Kyle Shanahan lost that game for us in my eyes. Control the clock better and we would have won that one.  Luckily, we get SD at the Dome next week and the rest of our division is pretty terrible.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

It was some BS, but Matty threw up a prayer on 4th & 10 and was just hoping for either Jones to come down with it or a PI call.  Neither happened. When you rely on the refs to make a play for you, you'll lose 99.99% of the time. Kyle Shanahan lost that game for us in my eyes. Control the clock better and we would have won that one.  Luckily, we get SD at the Dome next week and the rest of our division is pretty terrible.

Agree on the game management but have to say that I'm not sure they were relying on the refs to make the play so much as counting on Julio to make the play and the refs to whistle it if the defense illegally stopped him from making the play.  A bit like pump faking and shooting and the refs not calling the hit on the arm that prevents you from getting up a decent shot.

• Like 2

They couldn't run the ball effectively, the game was lost when Shanahan didn't come in ready for constant blitzing (AKA: It was lost when Seattle had a bye, they had plenty of time to prepare for the Falcons offense and try something new against them). He adjusted after halftime, that same game plan won't work again. Something else might but constantly blitzing won't (even though it'll beat Ryan up).

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, AHF said:

Agree on the game management but have to say that I'm not sure they were relying on the refs to make the play so much as counting on Julio to make the play and the refs to whistle it if the defense illegally stopped him from making the play.  A bit like pump faking and shooting and the refs not calling the hit on the arm that prevents you from getting up a decent shot.

Yes!  That's an easy catch for an unimpeded Julio and a great throw.     Does anyone think that wouldn't have been flagged if it was Jimmy Graham on the receiving end?   That was a hometown, cowardly non-call.   I don't care about what mistakes we made earlier.   Seattle made plenty too (including that play).    They deserved to lose as much or more than we did.    

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We got screwed, hard, by the refs. They called Alford for a ticky tack PI call that gave Seattle a touchdown by putting the ball at the 1 yard line. Richard Sherman literally PINNED JULIO'S ARM BEHIND HIS BACK to keep him from catching a game deciding catch and no call??? Wow.

This game should be an asterisk. We beat them, plain and simple, in their house. This Falcons team is legit. Let's hope we don't have a letdown against a "gimme" game with the Chargers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jy23 said:

pump the brakes @Spud2Nique lol. We're still in great shape here man. We just got hosed on a bad call...it happens 

No doubt. I'm not even rooting against you guys. Lol. Any ATL team that has success, I'm happy.

Nice to have a track star in our backfield. Running inside like a bigger back, running outside as expected and a great receiver as well. No more fumbles these days. Tevin Coleman indeed!!!

Defense has made plenty of mistakes in this game but will say the speed on the field for us is so different now and I just don't remember ever having that advantage on our side. The difference between Jones and Worrilow is laughable. Our first round pick has made a point as well at safety.