• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

7 hours ago, High5 said:

Those are two of the best defenses in recent history, on the road, and with the Seahawks having a bye week to prepare. Denver especially makes every offense look like garbage.

Well said. Between those two defenses at least one of them have been in the last three Superbowls and each team won one.  

First up on the big test will be a battle between Schrader and the incredible Von Miller. Hoping for the best but wow what a challenge for the right side of our line. Miller absolutely dominated the Superbowl. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We weren't supposed to go on the road out West to the Black hole and win.

We weren't supposed to win in Katrina Bowl 10 years later.

We weren't supposed to beat the Super bowl participants and top 3 defense Panthers.

But we did.....mwhaha!!!

The tests they've had, they've passed.

And people say that we "weren't supposed to win" due our shaky history, which includes Ryan's noodle arm, our poor pass rush, and our swiss-cheese O-line.  We're still ranked 30th in total defense.  History is all we really have to go by.  This Falcons team has a ton left to prove... And I feel that Denver is our first true test because if we win IN DENVER, it's gonna turn a lot of doubters into believers. Denver is a complete team with talent at all areas. 

We should have beaten Tampa at home... Saints have been crash landing ever since Brees demanded and got that huge contract. Raiders have been putrid since they went to the SB back 15 years ago.  Carolina was a good win, but they are 1-3 this season and Cam hasn't been Cam... they also lost their top CB to WAS and didn't have their top RB.

Cautiously optimistic.

Again - This is number 4 of 1st true test.

Going to the black hole after losing at home to Tampa Bay was test #1, Katrina bowl in NO - test #2, against Superbowl participant #3.

No matter what the Falcons do, it'll always be 'let's look at the history'. And if you referenced history it would have told you the Falcons shouldn't have beat those teams either. I hate the narrative after we trashed those teams compared to what was being said before we did - it's always something wrong with the teams we beat not just that we were good enough to beat them that day.

I'm living in the moment and enjoying the ride.

Our defense still sucks!!

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Going to the black hole after losing at home to Tampa Bay was test #1, Katrina bowl in NO - test #2, against Superbowl participant #3.

No matter what the Falcons do, it'll always be 'let's look at the history'. And if you referenced history it would have told you the Falcons shouldn't have beat those teams either. I hate the narrative after we trashed those teams compared to what was being said before we did - it's always something wrong with the teams we beat not just that we were good enough to beat them that day.

We weren't ready to play against Tampa.   We got beat by a crappy team.  I give the coaching staff credit for quickly fixing those issues.    

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But that's the thing... I don't believe that those were a test. We should have beaten Tampa; we do every year. Saints have sucked ever since Brees took that contract and they had to trade away Graham to make it work. Raiders have sucked for 15 years and all of a sudden we think they are good now?  Carolina was a test, but they are definitely not the same team as they were last year... We beat who we should have beaten. Carolina was supposed to be a better game than it was. If we beat Denver and do it the way we have been playing this season, the doubters will become believers.

32 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

But that's the thing... I don't believe that those were a test. We should have beaten Tampa; we do every year. Saints have sucked ever since Brees took that contract and they had to trade away Graham to make it work. Raiders have sucked for 15 years and all of a sudden we think they are good now?  Carolina was a test, but they are definitely not the same team as they were last year... We beat who we should have beaten. Carolina was supposed to be a better game than it was. If we beat Denver and do it the way we have been playing this season, the doubters will become believers.

I believe they were based on circumstances going into the games.

Dude why do you keep talking about what teams were and not what they are? Oakland is a good team, who cares about 15 years ago. Carolina is a team that has just been outplayed been 3 teams that are killing it right now in Denver, Minny, and us. And I'll keep saying it over and over, I don't care what's going on with the rest of that team, Brees is going to get off. He's one of the best to ever do it and for us to win that game IN New Orleans, on a Monday night, on the ten year anniversary of the Katrina bowl with Gleason in the house....that was a HUGE win man. 

• Like 1

Yeah, while throwing in older history of the Raiders might as well mention they did win three Super Bowls in their heyday. How far back do we want to go and how does it affect the Falcons now?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jy23 said:

I don't care what's going on with the rest of that team, Brees is going to get off

He has HOF numbers against just about everybody it seems like. In the past it has really been painful watching Worrilow trying to cover anyone across the middle with Brees at quarterback. We have remedied that with our Cam killer.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Dude why do you keep talking about what teams were and not what they are? Oakland is a good team, who cares about 15 years ago. Carolina is a team that has just been outplayed been 3 teams that are killing it right now in Denver, Minny, and us. And I'll keep saying it over and over, I don't care what's going on with the rest of that team, Brees is going to get off. He's one of the best to ever do it and for us to win that game IN New Orleans, on a Monday night, on the ten year anniversary of the Katrina bowl with Gleason in the house....that was a HUGE win man. 

What are you talking about? I AM talking about what teams are today.

Saints = Drew Brees w/ no receivers around him, no legit running game, and a terrible defense. A team that isn't half the team they were in 2009. 

Carolina = Good all-around offense focused on Cam Newton. Great defense, but this is a team that isn't the Carolina that we've become accustomed to over the past four seasons. Cam is off and that secondary was torched by Atlanta without Josh Norman.  

Raiders = Up and coming team with talent, but still a lot to prove. Carr/Cooper show.  

Stop being short-sighted and subjective on this team.  Atlanta hasn't had a pass rush for 10 years... Ryan is great with protection, but the only difference is Mack on the O-Line. Am I supposed to believe that one player will have that kind of effect?  I don't believe a team can change overnight.

This team didn't just change overnight. Last season we had one of the strongest tackle duos in the league, but we couldn't find a center to even reliably snap the football. So we went out and signed a Pro Bowler. That's significant. I still worry about our guard play at times, but they're at least serviceable. Another problem we had was a lack of receiving threats. So we added Sanu, Robinson, Gabriel, and Hooper who have all made plays this season. Plus Hardy has a couple of scores after none in his rookie season and Coleman has 13 receptions after only 2 in his rookie season. And it's year 2 in Shanahan's system. Ryan is more comfortable and Shanahan has made adjustments based on the personnel. The offense was supposed to be much better and that has been the case to this point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

What are you talking about? I AM talking about what teams are today.

Saints = Drew Brees w/ no receivers around him, no legit running game, and a terrible defense. A team that isn't half the team they were in 2009. 

Carolina = Good all-around offense focused on Cam Newton. Great defense, but this is a team that isn't the Carolina that we've become accustomed to over the past four seasons. Cam is off and that secondary was torched by Atlanta without Josh Norman.  

Raiders = Up and coming team with talent, but still a lot to prove. Carr/Cooper show.  

Stop being short-sighted and subjective on this team.  Atlanta hasn't had a pass rush for 10 years... Ryan is great with protection, but the only difference is Mack on the O-Line. Am I supposed to believe that one player will have that kind of effect?  I don't believe a team can change overnight.

My man above me already hit on this but I'll respond anyway since you were responding to me. This didn't happen overnight. If you're looking at wins and losses to be your only indicator of progression then maybe I can understand you feeling that way. Our tackles were both very highly rated last year (Matthews was top 5 and Schraeder was the top ranked RT last year) so yes a pro bowl center CAN make that big of a difference when you're already that good outside. Freeman is one of the best backs in the league but got worn out last year towards the end which is why it's so beautiful to see Teco having the type of impact he's having bc it is going to give us to great fresh backs all year. We have more weapons for Matt now and don't have to forc feed Julio. You try to stop Julio and we run it down your throat, you try to stop the run and we pass it all over the field. 

Im not being short sighted, I just know what I'm seeing. They were on the verge last year and made moves to strengthen the team this year. Now I'm not saying that we will go to the super bowl or anything this year but we will be in the playoffs and could make some noise. Next year tho it's on and popping. These young guys on defense are growing and it's coming together. 

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Game in Denver will be tough. 

It will be, very tough. I'm not going to use that game as a selling point on "if I believe I'm the team tho". Denver is great, hard place to play, I just can't wait to see what happens