• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Please @jy23 please.

Has Julio done an ESPN Body issue? That'd be a great avatar for @Spud2Nique. I'd quite like it too. :angel:

Lol I got some ideas brewing. I'll take ideas from others as well. @Spud2Nique it's coming, you might as well get ready for it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Very happy with the win. It was a big win for us. Beating a defending SB champ in their house with that defense is a statement game. I cannot express in words how wonderful it was to see Beasley FINALLY do what he was drafted to do. Let's hope that breakout game is the start of many more like it.

No way I could agree any more on both counts. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, High5 said:

People dreading an inevitable regular/postseason collapse instead of enjoying this ride can stay miserable. This team is so much fun to watch.

A great point and what a pleasure yesterday was.  

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

this team smells like 98.

Anything is possible under the NFL sun. We have some immeasurable parts moving in the right direction. A lot of youth mixed with some vets that count. A center that can snap the ball properly, block and call protections for an example. Freeney is another and his impact may not really be measured properly on the field alone and it feels very different with him in our stable. Rookie players on defense that are faster than anything we have had at linebacker as far back as I can remember right this moment. Don't see a 14-2 season but a large tremor in the force is occurring. Lets see where we are at the end of the season. Thinking a lot better than thought before the season started. With his learning flaws acknowledged I think Quinn was without a doubt the right coach for us.   

• Like 1

Hey you know how it goes, if its not the PEDs its blatantly grabbing Julio's arm by Sherman and the refs took the game into their own hands on that play for whatever reason. Still a great battle going down to the wire by both teams. Might see the Seahawks again later this year. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hazer said:

Nope, nope, nope, Falcs were robbed. Everybody knows it. Especially Sherman. See the look on his face after the game?

He hasn't been that abused in a game that I have seen. Of course being in the southeast I don't see them all that much really. He seemed really pissed in the second half. 

Not much doubt Matt's appreciation for icepacks was raised a lot today. He stayed really tough so that is a good omen with defenses bound to be keying tons of pressure on our pocket. This year he has shown better mobility as well. 

Wanted to give myself enough time to calm down before I commented but good lord was that a horrible no call. As blatant as you can want a pass interference to be. They played their asses off and deserved a chance to win that game. Matt balled out in the second half after taking a beating in the first half. Defense was amazing. We played them coming off a bye in their building after spending a week on the west coast. I'm proud of these guys. We're good people...really good 

• Like 3

Bummed we lost, but we showed a lot in that 3rd quarter and had our chance to win it in the 4th. Julio probably won't create another interception this season and you'd like to think the refs won't miss another blatant PI down the middle of the field. Hopefully we come out strong back in the Dome. The Chargers have been damn good outside of their bizarre 4th quarters. 

• Like 1

We wuz robbed! 

Prevent defense:  What a team does to prevent wining.  Giving up a TD and many, many yards in only

three plays late in the game is a prime example.

Prevent offense:  Prevents the team on offense from scoring.  Falcons did this number on themselves

late in the game.  Three and out when it was 4th and forever.

With all this happening late in the game, we wuz robbed by a defender grabbing the arm of Julio Jones

and spinning him around just before the ball arrived.  The obvious pass interference was not called.  He

was still holding the arm when the pass arrived.  Obviously, Falcons were unable to throw the protest  flag

and demand a replay.  Too bad this wasn't covered by what a team can protest. If it was, we might have won

the game because it was an obvious call that wasn't made.

Terrible first half by Atlanta.  Adjustments were obvious when we opened the third quarter.

Maybe, just maybe, this isn't the beginning of the collapse that we saw in the second half of the season

last year.  A bump in the road or the beginning of the end? 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Dnice said:

I'm mad but it's Atlanta's fault with the turnover and failed drives on the fourth and maybe we ain't bitching about the non call 

Just beat the chit out SD.

This.  I like aggressive play, but Seattle only had one timeout at the time, so throwing the ball was stupid. Should have ran it, killed the clock, and at worst, punt the ball and give them a way worse field position than turning it over at the fiddy.  The no-call sucked, but could have been a non-issue if we wouldn't have turned it over the previous series. There are times for playing to win and other times to just protect the lead. Play to win if we are up by more than a field goal...

• Like 1

• Moderators

That's just some BS there.   You can't tell me they didn't swallow the whistle for a reason.     Taking the high road is great and all but that will also get you screwed again.   Quinn should have taken the fine and called BS in the press conference because if you let this just fade away on Monday then the refs don't feel any pressure.   If they feel the pressure they'll think twice about screwing up again.   

If it was just a missed call to get us a first down in our own territory then i say well that sucks, but you're talking about a call, that if made properly, almost certainly wins us the game.    You can't miss that call.   With all the touch PI calls they make in this league, to miss the league's top receiver having his arm held down on the most important play of the game is just bush league.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

That's just some BS there.   You can't tell me they didn't swallow the whistle for a reason.     Taking the high road is great and all but that will also get you screwed again.   Quinn should have taken the fine and called BS in the press conference because if you let this just fade away on Monday then the refs don't feel any pressure.   If they feel the pressure they'll think twice about screwing up again.   

If it was just a missed call to get us a first down in our own territory then i say well that sucks, but you're talking about a call, that if made properly, almost certainly wins us the game.    You can't miss that call.   With all the touch PI calls they make in this league, to miss the league's top receiver having his arm held down on the most important play of the game is just bush league.   

This, this and this.

Robbed, I tell ya, robbed.