• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

The OL played well and Ryan protected the football. If those two things happen then we have the weapons to beat anyone. Could have easily had 26 points if we decided to kick that FG at the end, but 23 is still more than the Broncos have given up since December. Ryan outplayed that list of elite QBs that Denver has dominated. There's still room to improve considering Ryan missed Julio a couple of times he got behind the defense and Sanu had that reception overturned that could have led to 4 more points. And that's two very good games in a row by our defense outside of "prevent." Still not sold on that unit, but they're building confidence and I expected them to improve over the course of the season because of the youth. 

People dreading an inevitable regular/postseason collapse instead of enjoying this ride can stay miserable. This team is so much fun to watch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, High5 said:

This team is so much fun to watch.

It really is fun isn't it? Would be nice to develop our own legion of boom here and start a long string of playoff competition. Got a few nice pieces to start with anyway.  

our entire starting lb group was out, and even still they put out a remarkable performance. I was impressed by the aggressiveness Of the front 7 in this game. Our secondary is the strength of the defense but they actually got some help today. Ismael was playing mlb today, that's just crazy to me. I said earlier that I could see the physicality and aggressiveness building with this unit and today it was on full display. They will keep improving thru the year and ride this offense until possibly next year when they become a dominant unit in their own right. The future is bright ladies and gentlemen 

• Like 3

Great win!  Way to go Falcons...  Two points of interest we must not overlook.

1-- Falcons were great on defense, getting many sacks.  Just remember, their QB was holding the ball a long

time when he couldn't find an open receiver.  Experienced QBs would throw the ball away, thus not as many sacks.

2-- On the offensive line, the greatest signing this off season, in my humble opinion, was the all star center.  He has

made a difference, a huge difference in Atlanta's now great offense.  Give him credit.  I do.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Great win!  Way to go Falcons...  Two points of interest we must not overlook.

1-- Falcons were great on defense, getting many sacks.  Just remember, their QB was holding the ball a long

time when he couldn't find an open receiver.  Experienced QBs would throw the ball away, thus not as many sacks.

2-- On the offensive line, the greatest signing this off season, in my humble opinion, was the all star center.  He has

made a difference, a huge difference in Atlanta's now great offense.  Give him credit.  I do.

We looked great but we have to not get too overconfident with this win.  You have to have a capable QB to survive in this league and they didn't have one.  That guy is going to be sore tomorrow.  

• Like 1

They haven't had a qb all year and they were undefeated. They're built on the running game and their defense....didn't look like it yesterday. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, jy23 said:

They haven't had a qb all year and they were undefeated. They're built on the running game and their defense....didn't look like it yesterday. 

I didn't see any of their other games but it's hard to imagine their other qb performed that poorly.    Still a great win.   2 great road wins for the falcons

Seattle next week is the ultimate test in my opinion. You beat the Seahawks, you are for real. The Broncos had a couple of excuses with their qb and things but Seattle looks to be healthy for the most part.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Seattle next week is the ultimate test in my opinion. You beat the Seahawks, you are for real. The Broncos had a couple of excuses with their qb and things but Seattle looks to be healthy for the most part.

Having beaten both Super Bowl teams after 5 games is pretty sweet.   

• Like 1

Just in case folks feel that Denver's QB situation carries all the weight both Manning and Osweiler had more interceptions than TDs last year and Manning was particularly awful with nine TDs in ten regular season games but they won the Super Bowl with a dominating defense that will be talked about for a long time. Going to enjoy this win as opposed to wondering what catastrophe waits around the corner for us. 

33 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

No they don't - This was a straight Falcons win - no excuses for the win.  I will not be one making excuses and offering reasons why the Falcons won.

The Falcons defense had every excuse to fold missing 4 of 5 Line backers.

The Falcons offense terrorized the vaunted Broncos defense.

• Premium Member

Very happy with the win. It was a big win for us. Beating a defending SB champ in their house with that defense is a statement game. I cannot express in words how wonderful it was to see Beasley FINALLY do what he was drafted to do. Let's hope that breakout game is the start of many more like it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No they don't - This was a straight Falcons win - no excuses for the win.  I will not be one making excuses and offering reasons why the Falcons won.

I'm not trying to downplay what a great victory it was but i'm not sure we terrorized anyone.   We had 10 second half points and one of those scoring drives started on the Broncos side of the field.    Defense was great though.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know, they now offer decaf at many establishments...

lol...no excuses either way I agree. Nobody is ever completely healthy in the NFL. Just saying if they beat the Seahawks I'm really scared about my bet. I mean who the heck knows, @jy23 might want me to change my avatar to Julio wearing a thong..:-/

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You know, they now offer decaf at many establishments...

lol...no excuses either way I agree. Nobody is ever completely healthy in the NFL. Just saying if they beat the Seahawks I'm really scared about my bet. I mean who the heck knows, @jy23 might want me to change my avatar to Julio wearing a thong..:-/

Please @jy23 please.

Has Julio done an ESPN Body issue? That'd be a great avatar for @Spud2Nique. I'd quite like it too. :angel:

OT:  NFL's ratings fumble: Is it time to panic?  http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/08/media/tv-nfl-ratings-down/index.html

Was Mark Cuban right in 2014.

"They're trying to take over every night of TV," Cuban said. "Initially, it'll be, 'Yeah, they're the biggest-rating thing that there is.' OK, Thursday, that's great, regardless of whether it impacts [the NBA] during that period when we cross over. Then if it gets Saturday, now you're impacting colleges. Now it's on four days a week. 

"It's all football. At some point, the people get sick of it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/no--mark-cuban-did-not-predict-the-nfl-s-imminent-demise-222022503.html

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I feel like the NBA is heading this way too.   ASG couldn't give the franchise away to the pizza guy and then 2 years later it sells for a fortune.   Solely based on someone paying waaaayy over market for the Clippers.   Now salaries are going through the roof.     But what is sustaining these expenses?   Just a few years ago they claimed all but a handful of franchises were losing money (which we all know is a joke).    Soon people will tire of a league where you can pick the final 2 teams standing before the season even starts.   

• Like 1