• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

no he's not he just has similar talent to what he had in the first 5 years he took us to the playoffs.   Protection + Weapons = Matty Ice

He's actually added 8 yards to his deep ball this past offseason. He's throwing a lot more 15+ yard passes this season too... His passes have a lot more zip and he's using his legs. Footwork is better. I agree that the improved O-line has been great for Matty.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

He's actually added 8 yards to his deep ball this past offseason. He's throwing a lot more 15+ yard passes this season too... His passes have a lot more zip and he's using his legs. Footwork is better. I agree that the improved O-line has been great for Matty.

His arm does look stronger but he's was always good if given protection.   His deep balls are still kind of prayers.  He under threw Julio on one that should have been a completion and then hit him with another bomb that was probably 5-10 yards too far to the middle of the field and Julio just ran under it.   But I've always been a big Ryan fan.   He's not the best in the league but he's really, really good and Julio is, well the best in the league.   The dude's amazing.   TD managed to find some serviceable receivers too so kudos there.  

• Like 1

Yeah the little guys Gabriel and Robinson have been a nice surprise in the passing game as well. Gabriel hasn't even had that much practice with us but he looks pretty clutch with good hands right now. 

3 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Not a dumb thread at all, homer.  Our defense is still very vulnerable. Our opponents are averaging 30 ppg. Carolina hasn't played great all season... Saints haven't either.  Tampa Bay has been terrible since beating us... yet our opponents are running up the score. The defenses we've faced haven't been great either... Carolina ranked 6th was the best. Saints, Raiders, and Bucs are all bottom third of the league in defense.

Denver will be our first true test...

I will give Matty Ice credit tho. He's a changed QB.

Yep we haven't played any good defenses except Carolina...but New Orleans, Oakland and Carolina are all top 5 offenses which explains giving up points to them (love how you conveniently left that out). And Carolinas offense scored a whopping 3 points against us until we went into our prevent defense. I'll be a homer if that makes you feel better about being wrong lol. The Oakland Raiders are 3-1 and we beat them at their place. The panthers lost to the Broncos (undefeated), Vikings (undefeated) and us. Keep trying to downplay it man, it's cool, I understand. It takes time for people to admit when they're wrong but again if calling me a homer makes you feel better by all means go right ahead lol.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Yep we haven't played any good defenses except Carolina...but New Orleans, Oakland and Carolina are all top 5 offenses which explains giving up points to them (love how you conveniently left that out). And Carolinas offense scored a whopping 3 points against us until we went into our prevent defense. I'll be a homer if that makes you feel better about being wrong lol. The Oakland Raiders are 3-1 and we beat them at their place. The panthers lost to the Broncos (undefeated), Vikings (undefeated) and us. Keep trying to downplay it man, it's cool, I understand. It takes time for people to admit when they're wrong but again if calling me a homer makes you feel better by all means go right ahead lol.

I don't believe NO, Oakland, and Carolina being top offenses statistically explains anything...

The Saints best receiver is 5"10" Brandin Cooks. They don't have a deep threat or a TE or a respected running game.

Carolina was w/o their top back and Cam was all out of sorts. Can't even tell you how many times I heard the announcers questioned Cam's footwork and mechanics.  Also, they couldn't even hand the ball off cleanly yesterday.

Oakland is good offensively with Cooper and Carr, but I wouldn't call them "great" or "top tier".  With the eye test, I put them about 12th cause I don't trust their backs yet.

The numbers are lying to you on those teams cause you also have to consider who they have played defensively.  Raiders = Saints (31st), Falcons (30th), Titans (14th), and Ravens (4th).  Carolina = Denver (7th), 49ers (26th), Vikings (2nd), and Falcons (30th).  Saints: Raiders (last), Giants (currently 3rd, but play tonight), Falcons (30th), and Chargers (21st), and the Falcons: Bucs (15th), Raiders (last), Saints (31st), and Carolina ( was 6th). Carolina has played good defensive teams, but Raiders, Falcons, and Saints haven't really. Raiders over Ravens was impressive, but Ravens hadn't played anybody up to that point either.  Denver will be our first true test.

And I meant no disrespect calling you a homer, but I feel a few of your comments make you sound like a blind homer fan... Remember the Falcons started out 5-0 last season and it wasn't but two weeks ago everybody was bashing Shanahan as our OC. I choose to be cautiously optimistic with this team. Trust me, I want this team to succeed and be great. This city is due for a dominate team.

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

One guy really has changed the play of the line for Matt. Alex Mack may not be a spring chicken but he has been an absolute gift for us. Matt only has to make his calls and adjustments and not the O-line calls anymore. Plus the ball ends up in Matt's hands and not bouncing off of Person's thigh. Apparently that helps a quarterback out.

Hopefully another FA center can have the same impact this fall and winter.. lol

10 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I don't believe NO, Oakland, and Carolina being top offenses statistically explains anything...

The Saints best receiver is 5"10" Brandin Cooks. They don't have a deep threat or a TE or a respected running game.

Carolina was w/o their top back and Cam was all out of sorts. Can't even tell you how many times I heard the announcers questioned Cam's footwork and mechanics.  Also, they couldn't even hand the ball off cleanly yesterday.

Oakland is good offensively with Cooper and Carr, but I wouldn't call them "great" or "top tier".  With the eye test, I put them about 12th cause I don't trust their backs yet.

The numbers are lying to you on those teams cause you also have to consider who they have played defensively.  Raiders = Saints (31st), Falcons (30th), Titans (14th), and Ravens (4th).  Carolina = Denver (7th), 49ers (26th), Vikings (2nd), and Falcons (30th).  Saints: Raiders (last), Giants (currently 3rd, but play tonight), Falcons (30th), and Chargers (21st), and the Falcons: Bucs (15th), Raiders (last), Saints (31st), and Carolina ( was 6th). Carolina has played good defensive teams, but Raiders, Falcons, and Saints haven't really. Raiders over Ravens was impressive, but Ravens hadn't played anybody up to that point either.  Denver will be our first true test.

And I meant no disrespect calling you a homer, but I feel a few of your comments make you sound like a blind homer fan... Remember the Falcons started out 5-0 last season and it wasn't but two weeks ago everybody was bashing Shanahan as our OC. I choose to be cautiously optimistic with this team. Trust me, I want this team to succeed and be great. This city is due for a dominate team.

We weren't supposed to go on the road out West to the Black hole and win.

We weren't supposed to win in Katrina Bowl 10 years later.

We weren't supposed to beat the Super bowl participants and top 3 defense Panthers.

But we did.....mwhaha!!!

The tests they've had, they've passed.

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

So glad  Deion Jones made Cam pay the price on the conversion, if that was in the middle of the field, Cam would have did his march and point in the wrong direction.. lol

Wouldn't be getting in Deion's face like that. The payback is hell.

Think Cam may realize once the cobwebs clear that Worrilow is not our starting MLB anymore. This year has finally shown Cam some just cause and effect. Denver, Minnesota and us made him really, really pay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

You really just sound like you're trying to justify your beliefs and I understand that. But to try and down New Orleans offense is just crazy. Brees is Brees, always has been always will be. Running game or not, eventho I think Ingram is decent. Cooks is their deep threat, Fleener  decent and Thomas is showing flashes. But it doesn't matter about the weapons, it's about Brees. 

And where in the world are there 12 offenses better than Oakland? Carr, cooper, and Crabtree are a pretty good trio with their squad of backs being pretty good. Their offensive is also really good. 

Carolina has played really great teams and have struggled bc of it but are still a top 5 offense. 

We are good, rather you can see it yet or not. And no offense taken man, it's cool. I make no qualms about me being the biggest falcon apologist on this board, I've said that before. But I know this team, and this is not last year. I've seen the physical nature that they've been playing with and the change in attitude. You'll see soon enough 

• Like 1

If the next two weeks are a split with the offense not dropping off much, I might be ready to eat my crow on Shanahan.

I just don't see it. Denver's QB doesn't matter and Seattle is off this week. There are only 4 games that I'd feel somewhat comfortable about on the schedule.

I've been critical of Shanahan in the past, but I'm not looking at the games against Denver and Seattle as a "put up or shut up" kind of deal. Those are two of the best defenses in recent history, on the road, and with the Seahawks having a bye week to prepare. Denver especially makes every offense look like garbage. They've won 9 in a row and haven't given up more than 20 in any of them. Plus we might not be able to play Coleman at Mile High with his condition. 

People can make excuses for our scoring success all they want, but our offense was plain bad last season against a pathetic schedule. We addressed our personnel issues and Ryan/Shanahan have been spreading the ball around beautifully. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jy23 said:

I make no qualms about me being the biggest falcon apologist on this board, I've said that before. 

I'm personally very comfortable being a Falcons and Hawks homer myself. Starting watching both teams after my family moved to Atlanta in the late sixties. 

• Like 1