• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

Guess Worrilow's groin pull explains why he has had zero foot speed the last three years for us. Heading into last season he even lost weight to hopefully improve his speed. Just can't create what is not there. Deion Jones definitely has our future covered there with his speed though. Hope Deion's calf is ready by game time. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As I said earlier in the thread, our rookie LBs have promise. I am very happy we beat the pants off the Panthers. I think a road game in Denver is exactly the kind of litmus test to see what kind of team we really have.

• Like 2

Think that the Broncos and the  Seahawks represent much more than a litmus test because of their recent history of being in and winning the Superbowl. Not really sure about the success rate for us but before the start of this season there were many wanting  Quinn's head even if TD's involvement has been substantially more responsible for the past few year's issues because he was here and Dan was not. Don't care if it sounds like an excuse or not because we're talking about two of the four best teams in the NFL the last couple of years we are playing here. Let's see what happens.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Think that the Broncos and the  Seahawks represent much more than a litmus test because of their recent history of being in and winning the Superbowl. Not really sure about the success rate for us but before the start of this season there were many wanting  Quinn's head even if TD's involvement has been substantially more responsible for the past few year's issues because he was here and Dan was not. Don't care if it sounds like an excuse or not because we're talking about two of the four best teams in the NFL the last couple of years we are playing here. Let's see what happens.   

That's how I feel, these two games aren't going to make me fall off the train if we lose them...these are great teams we are playing and we're playing them on the road no less. Also we're staying on the west coast in between the two games. That's a tough task. I want to see how they play but if they lose its not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

Schofield who just recently signed was cut. Guessing he is replaced on the roster by the rapidly aging Hawk. Might not mean as much as I think but Schofield has played in Quinn's system in Seattle and here and Hawk has not. Don't think either one has good foot speed at this point in their careers

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2016/10/4/13168298/falcons-cut-schofield-send-weatherspoon-to-ir-sign-hawk

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Schofield who just recently signed was cut. Guessing he is replaced on the roster by the rapidly aging Hawk. Might not mean as much as I think but Schofield has played in Quinn's system in Seattle and here and Hawk has not. Don't think either one has good foot speed at this point in their careers

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2016/10/4/13168298/falcons-cut-schofield-send-weatherspoon-to-ir-sign-hawk

Quinn said they needed help inside - Schofield plays outside.

• Moderators

That's how I feel, these two games aren't going to make me fall off the train if we lose them...these are great teams we are playing and we're playing them on the road no less. Also we're staying on the west coast in between the two games. That's a tough task. I want to see how they play but if they lose its not the end of the world. 

Same here. I won't stop being a Falcons fan for anything but this team has been disappointing since losing to San Fran in the Conference game. The Falcons start hot and fast every year... I'm not going to give them a tip of the hat until they prove that they are a different football team from years past. Been disappointed too many seasons by this team to be swept away by recent success. That front 7 still needs a ton of help and bringing in has-beens isn't even a bandaid for fixing the issue. I like our rooks especially Neal but they're still rooks. Top ranked offense means little once the playoffs get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

Sooooo can I call this thread dumb now? 

Nope cause when I made it, it did look like the same ole Falcons. But now we have a season-long Falcons thread on Hawksquawk. lol

Falcons played playoff football today. Proud of the unit and the way they controlled the game. Ryan and Shanahan found a weakness of the vaulted Bronco defense and exploited it. The O-line controlled the trench and our RB's stepped up huge. Not ready to say anything on the pass rush since it was a rookie QB that held the ball too long and Beasley was lined up vs. an injured RT... But Beasley did play with fire today to get at that QB and showed everyone to not call him bust so soon. Good win vs. a great defense. Very interested in next weekend vs. Seattle. We get out of Seattle up 5-1, we'll have a serious shot at SB with this team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Nope cause when I made it, it did look like the same ole Falcons. But now we have a season-long Falcons thread on Hawksquawk. lol

Falcons played playoff football today. Proud of the unit and the way they controlled the game. Ryan and Shanahan found a weakness of the vaulted Bronco defense and exploited it. The O-line controlled the trench and our RB's stepped up huge. Not ready to say anything on the pass rush since it was a rookie QB that held the ball too long and Beasley was lined up vs. an injured RT... But Beasley did play with fire today to get at that QB and showed everyone to not call him bust so soon. Good win vs. a great defense. Very interested in next weekend vs. Seattle. We get out of Seattle up 5-1, we'll have a serious shot at SB with this team.

Yeah man they were playing with an intensity that I haven't seen from them in forever. Regardless of who he was lined up against Vic absolutely beasted today. The pass rush as awhile looked like world beaters today. I said before that they just needed to get their rotations together and they would be ok, I don't expect this every week but they will be adequate and will get plenty of chances with this offense playing from in front this year. I'm still worried about the Seattle game bc they're staying out west all week. Tough task 

So many positives today with Beasley being the biggest surprise to me. Do want to mention I don't think we can overstate the value of Freeney to our defense on the field and I'm sure in the locker room. He is still crazy physical at this stage of his career and has made a difference for us. 

• Like 1