• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Predicting Which Top-20 NBA Rookies Will Be 2016-17 Studs or Duds

aali34

Buds system is complex and the players always mentioned as breaking out in it, Demarre and Bazemore, both really emerged in their second year playing in it.

I think we will see some flashes this year and have some "fall in love" moments from his athleticism.  We will also have some groan inducing dismay when he makes a bad defensive read or gets lost on offense.

Next year I definitely can see lots of stories about him being a breakout second year player.  

Like Grey Mule said I think being pushed by Bembry in practice for game minutes will help both of them as well.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ThomasCredle said:

Buds system is complex and the players always mentioned as breaking out in it, Demarre and Bazemore, both really emerged in their second year playing in it.

I think we will see some flashes this year and have some "fall in love" moments from his athleticism.  We will also have some groan inducing dismay when he makes a bad defensive read or gets lost on offense.

Next year I definitely can see lots of stories about him being a breakout second year player.  

Like Grey Mule said I think being pushed by Bembry in practice for game minutes will help both of them as well.

A very sane analysis. I'm pretty sure I'm not being rational for hoping he plays as well as I want in year one. Just feel like by the late season he will be getting some meaningful minutes. Don't know what that could mean for the playoffs especially with us having a stopper in Thabo coming off the bench but the more minutes he earns during the season, the better prepared he will be for the playoffs.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:11 PM, AHF said:

Stud

Barring a training camp catastrophe, Taurean Prince won't be starting on the wing for the Atlanta Hawks anytime soon. The team handed a four-year, $70 million deal to Kent Bazemore and still has Kyle Korver entrenched at shooting guard.

Hopefully as the season progresses, he will get opportunities to start.  Both Korver and Sefolosha have ending contracts and the Hawks should also begin thinking about out years.

On 9/23/2016 at 11:02 PM, ThomasCredle said:

With the Hawks having several roster spots open next summer, I assume Prince will take Thabo's spot going forward as the backup SF for the 2017-18 season.

I'd love it if Baze improves his 3 point shot to where Bud would be comfortable starting Baze at SG and Prince at SF next season.

Edited by BigDog90
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

With the depth charts the way they are ... Unless an injury occurs I have a feeling our two rookies will spend much of the season in the dleague ... Which is not a bad thing ... A chance to learn, develop and get pt down there

I think they push their way to a lot of PT...just a guess but you can't keep these rooks down. They are too mentally tough.

12 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

With the Hawks having several roster spots open next summer, I assume Prince will take Thabo's spot going forward as the backup SF for the 2017-18 season.

I'd love it if Baze improves his 3 point shot to where Bud would be comfortable starting Baze at SG and Prince at SF next season.

By that season we probably will have our starting swings as Baze at SG and Prince at SF. We don't automatically have Kyle and Thabo here at all because their contracts run out. Even with them being Bud type players Kyle and Thabo will be another year older and shouldn't be used for more than spot minutes if retained. Kyle for shooting and Thabo to help shut someone down. Father Time is becoming their enemy more and more moving forward.  

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

By that season we probably will have our starting swings as Baze at SG and Prince at SF. We don't automatically have Kyle and Thabo here at all because their contracts run out. Even with them being Bud type players Kyle and Thabo will be another year older and shouldn't be used for more than spot minutes if retained. Kyle for shooting and Thabo to help shut someone down. Father Time is becoming their enemy more and more moving forward.  

This is Thabo's last year under contract i think.   Kyle has one more year after this one right?   

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is Thabo's last year under contract i think.   Kyle has one more year after this one right?   

Don't believe so.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/kyle-korver-2752/

YEAR   AGE STATUS BASE SALARY CAP HIT DEAD CAP
2013-14 Contract details by year 32   $6,760,563 $6,760,563 $24,000,000
2014-15 Contract details by year 33   $6,253,521 $6,253,521 $17,239,437
2015-16 Contract details by year 34   $5,746,479 $5,746,479 $10,985,916
2016-17 Contract details by year 35   $5,239,437 $5,239,437 $5,239,437
2017 Free Agent Year 36   UFA  

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Don't believe so.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/kyle-korver-2752/

YEAR   AGE STATUS BASE SALARY CAP HIT DEAD CAP
2013-14 Contract details by year 32   $6,760,563 $6,760,563 $24,000,000
2014-15 Contract details by year 33   $6,253,521 $6,253,521 $17,239,437
2015-16 Contract details by year 34   $5,746,479 $5,746,479 $10,985,916
2016-17 Contract details by year 35   $5,239,437 $5,239,437 $5,239,437
2017 Free Agent Year 36   UFA  

Damn.  Thanks.   I can't believe it's been 4 years already.   If Kyle has a good season i expect he'll sign back with us and retire a hawk (assuming he keeps playing).   I'll take him back.   I think he has the ability and to stay effective for a few more years off the bench.  

• Like 2

Very much agree. I also like Hazer's idea of him as a shooting coach full-time when he retires and maybe more responsibility than that for us down the road. Pretty sure he's doing lots of shooting coaching for us already.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Damn.  Thanks.   I can't believe it's been 4 years already.   If Kyle has a good season i expect he'll sign back with us and retire a hawk (assuming he keeps playing).   I'll take him back.   I think he has the ability and to stay effective for a few more years off the bench.  

I'm curious to see if he would want to comeback, play with Al again or chase a ring (SA, GS, CLE).

I think 3zus re-signs with the Hawks on an affordable deal to come of the bench with instant offense, player/shooting coach grooming himself for the official job, and retiring a Hawk where he gets that official position. Lining himself up to take over after Bud retires in a Pop/Bud sort of tandem. But hopefully a succession, not a Bud transfer to anther team. The scenario is just set up too perfectly for Kyle to walk away from.