• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To all dwight howard pessimists out there

Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwks

Ive had it with people out there hating on dwight with no apparent logic to back these arguments up.

People just don't understand that Howard is dominate in pick and roll, can rebound extremely well, and can score in the paint. Its just that he was averaging 8! attempts per game. And he was averaging around 60% fg. Sooo, how do we win only 45 games with him, Paul milsap, and Korver, Bazemore, let alone our depth and good defensive point guard (dennis) if nothing else turns out from him? Another thing I really hate the media is for how two face it can be. Every year, " The hawks have not done anything to improve and will stay in mediocrity", like what? Now everyone is saying we should have kept him, even thought that core plateued and would never have beaten cleveland? whats the point of playing games nowadays, to be a good team or contend for a championship?

Coach bud is extremely smart. He set us up to grow in the future, while having a high risk/high reward opportunity to contend. If this plan succeeds, no way we get pushed around by Cleveland, and if it doesn't, plenty of cap space and young talent to add new pieces. We don't even have a high cap roll either, who wants to max out Horfod for 5 years? After two years hell be soft and annoying anyway. Might as well take the chance on a once bonafide superstar

Lastly, I just want to point out that you just cant compare Atlanta to Houston and l.a ; were not going to use Dwight the way they used him. This man can clearly score in easy positions under the rim, on mismacthes, and on pick and roll. Its not like we have deandre jordan, this man clearly can still score in certain situations. Which is exactly how coach bud will use him. You can bet he will convert all of those easy buckets in the post that Al Horfords soft ass could not. He doesnt have to dominate against the best bigs, just in the situations we place him in. Houston priortized James harden over him, indicated by the lower attempts compared to hardens 20 attempts, as well as L.a with kobe. He is defintely going to produce at least 18 and 12 since he was able to put up around 14 with those previous offenses, heck he probably could have up to 20 attempts per game, and if he hits 60% of those, hell be right around that 17-20 range. That should defineitely place him in the allstar game too, along with paul. We already know how dominat our defense will be.

I predict if these hawks can use dwight howard like Ive said, in early transition post ups, heavy p/roll, and mismatches, paul does paul, krover and thabo operate they way they did in cleveland the other night, and dennis plays his defense along with his p/roll , these hawks should have 56 wins at the 2nd seed and got to the ECF. Im sorry, but toronto, indiana, and boston? just cant see them beating us.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Thats possible, but there could be some growing pains early on in the season.

Entirely possible, but if you examine the spurs, they brought along lamarcus slowly, limiting him in offensive sets, priortizing defense first, and riding on their star, kawhi leonard, before finally having him adjust to finish with a 67 win season. As we all know that Bud has imitated pop in many areas, this is no exception. We will use defense to win games early, and lean on paul, baze, korver on offense along with dennis. Dwight will still get his, but it will be apart from the offense, just in certain situations and isolations. But when the hawks incorporate him like the spurs did mid season , watch out...

• Like 1

I still have serious doubts. 

His movement on defense was awful in the game I seen. He was late on most rotations and move worse on the court than Edy. While it's just the preseason, I don't like the idea that he moves as well as Tiago without any of the elite defensive BBIQ of Tiago. That is an issue. 

Also, he flat out missed at least 8 screens in the playback footage. That was bothersome. 

Positives was his offense which was meh in Houston showed a lot of promise especially since we tend to give him the ball in positions that favorable for him to score. We always try to do that with the bigs but Dwight actually has the size and strength to do it consistently. I really like his touch around the rim with his size. I rather him make moves quicker, he was good at it. I also liked when he looked for the pass, he found Kyle, Baze and some others on cutting action. 

I have my doubts, but my biggest issue is the backup PG role, not Dwight. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I still have serious doubts. 

His movement on defense was awful in the game I seen. He was late on most rotations and move worse on the court than Edy. While it's just the preseason, I don't like the idea that he moves as well as Tiago without any of the elite defensive BBIQ of Tiago. That is an issue. 

Also, he flat out missed at least 8 screens in the playback footage. That was bothersome. 

Positives was his offense which was meh in Houston showed a lot of promise especially since we tend to give him the ball in positions that favorable for him to score. We always try to do that with the bigs but Dwight actually has the size and strength to do it consistently. I really like his touch around the rim with his size. I rather him make moves quicker, he was good at it. I also liked when he looked for the pass, he found Kyle, Baze and some others on cutting action. 

I have my doubts, but my biggest issue is the backup PG role, not Dwight. 

Agree with you regarding his team defense and rotations, hopefully that comes with time understanding our defensive principles. Not moving his feet and reaching will get him in foul trouble. His screen setting does need work.

Also agree on offense with him making quick moves and passing to cutters. Regarding traditiomal post ups opportunities the other players have to get him the ball as soon as he's established position, making a post past needs works - they missed a few timing ones where he could have gotten the ball for a quick score.

A work in progress but I'm pleased with what I've seen so far.

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think i'm seriously going as Dwight for Halloween with the high waist shorts.   If it looks a little funny on dwight then on me it'll be :bad:   

I'm going as the black Ken Bone.

Does D8 look out of shape to anyone else?

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Had to look that up.   Ken Bone from the debate?   He looks like a good one for @Spud2Nique to go as.

Yep, apparently he's becoming an internet 'thing'.

If Spud2 dressed up as KBone, everyone would think it was just his normal look though.  He should go as his idol, the venerable Speedy Claxton.

It's preseason and he likely won't do as well as he did in the first half on Monday all the time, but I'll say it again, if what I saw is the general idea of how Howard's planning on playing on offense, there shouldn't be too much issue with him there. The defensive end is a different story, and I think the defensive scheme may have to be adjusted a bit.

On 10/13/2016 at 0:27 AM, TheFuzz said:

Dwight's a good player. Haters gonna hate. He's comparable to Horford with higher upside.

I think their upside is the same. BOS needs Al for their spacing and defense. ATL needs Dwight for his defense and post play.