• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting tidbit from the Teague AJC article

GameTime

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/teague-time-with-hawks-think-reached-our-ceiling/sWiwqahKdvZ6wUtQwrQ1IO/

Teague said Budenholzer’s voice cracked. That’s when he knew there had been a trade. The first thing Teague wanted to know was where he was headed.

“I kept reading that I was going to Philly,” Teague said. “I was like he’s going to send me to Philly. Nothing wrong with Philly, great place, great organization. I was like ‘C’mon. C’mon.’ I didn’t even think this (Indiana) was happening. I thought it was Utah, Dallas or Philly. He said, ‘I sent you home.’ I said, ‘Indiana?’ He said, ‘Yeah, I might regret this, but I’m thankful for what you did, and I appreciate you.’”

Why would Bud regret sending Teague to Indy? Did he reject a better deal to send Teague back home?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Bud was just being respectful, Instead of, "I traded you away. Sorry, not sorry!"

~lw3

This and it was probably a tough decision.  The Hawks hadn't made much out of consecutive #15 picks and he was being dealt for #12.  Not a sure thing.

2 hours ago, GameTime said:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/teague-time-with-hawks-think-reached-our-ceiling/sWiwqahKdvZ6wUtQwrQ1IO/

Why would Bud regret sending Teague to Indy? Did he reject a better deal to send Teague back home?

He may regret it because 

1) Dennis may NOT develop into the better PG over Teague, despite having a more aggressive personna and potential upside.

2) If Indiana gets its act together, and adjust the roster a bit, Indy could be a better team than us.  Teague showed glimpses of "Playoff Teague" the other night vs the Thunder.

That's what I get out of that exchange.

• Premium Member

Many people felt that giving Dennis a chance that in time, he would be better than Teague.  That's just our experiment.  The interesting thing is that next year, we will be a vet team.  Moreover, CP3 is available.  I know that we're capped out... but it would be interesting if we make a run for CP3 and have the combination of CP3 and Dwight that we were always supposed to have.