• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Report: Paul Millsap on the block? (Merged Threadz)

JTB

Crack kills...this moronic Bostonian idiot writer thinks the Celts should try and trade for Millsap by dangling and expiring contract like an Amir Johnson or Jonas Jerebko and a young player like Rozier or Kelly O and a pick (not the nets pick) for Sap. Lol...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.celticsblog.com/platform/amp/2017/1/3/14160468/nba-does-millsap-make-sense-for-boston-celtics-atlanta-hawks?client=safari

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The NBA is a business, and also entertainment.  The "treadmill" is a reality.

With all of that young talent on that team, the T-Wolves are 29th in attendance.  You know why?  Because no one wants to keep paying hundreds of dollars, just to see their team lose 60% - 70% of their home games.  Especially when you're already playing in a wishy-washy NBA market that isn't "ride or die" for their team, no matter what . . . or doesn't have the population base to draw in random casual fans on a nighly basis.

The Hawks are 23rd in the league in NBA home attendance percentage ( % of seats sold per game ), at 86.8%.  That's far better than in past years, when the Hawks would struggle to get above 80% sold.  But if this team doesn't win more games at home, that 86% will plummet.  The Spurs game was a near sell out at 97%.  When you get the fans in the building for those "BIG" games, those are the games you need to win to bring them back.   Even if you're a middling playoff level team, winning at home keeps the fans engaged.

The worst thing the Hawks could do right now, is sell off their best player, with no plans in bringing in, or developing, someone who can be "top dog" around here.  If Dennis can be that guy, so be it.  If not, what then?   Go 30 - 52 and get a low lottery pick?   We already have that in Prince, and he can't see the floor.

You're making a lot of sense today. Can I get your breakfast order?

Does Millsap coming out today and saying Atlanta is where he wants to be give us leverage in trade talks? I mean, now teams will be thinking maybe Millsap will re up with the Hawks this summer so why not give the Hawks full value in a trade vs a quarter on the dollar trade of crappy scraps?

vor 13 Stunden, JayBirdHawk sagte:

What? I have no idea what this means, so take your own advise - take tablets, blah blah etc.

Typical women BS. Start BS and then run around holy. And then some beta's crawling behind liking what you do. People are bitches....Anyway, the money spend on baze, is taken out of a grand total of the cap, hence money that could have been available to be a (big)part of paying Millsap. Which evidently would make the issue people have with paying Millsap allot less of an issue. Hence me "finding it hard to see baze running around with that smile while we are readily discussing not paying Millsap".

Whats there to not understand, much less to jump on, woman? Oh thats right, you are some sort of webpage übermensch around here with some banners and whistles who is alowed to have her period on people. Srry forgot about that. Forgot about not being a real deal on this sportsfan whine and wankfest website.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Typical women BS. Start BS and then run around holy. And then some beta's crawling behind liking what you do. People are bitches....Anyway, the money spend on baze, is taken out of a grand total of the cap, hence money that could have been available to be a (big)part of paying Millsap. Which evidently would make the issue people have with paying Millsap allot less of an issue. Hence me "finding it hard to see baze running around with that smile while we are readily discussing not paying Millsap".

Whats there to not understand, much less to jump on, woman? Oh thats right, you are some sort of webpage übermensch around here with some banners and whistles who is alowed to have her period on people. Srry forgot about that. Forgot about not being a real deal on this sportsfan whine and wankfest website.

What in the hell does being a woman have anything to do with any of this?  

Classic response 'woman on her period'. If you have an issue with my post address it, just don't bring it to a personal level.

Now you've taken whatever meaningful discussion into territory that I have no patience for. 

I'm here for Hawks discussion - nothing more, nothing less.

You think I care about likes, banners, whistles or whatever the hell else you think. I don't give 2 shits.  I've got real life going on - this is entertainment, just like basketball. 

Bob is always a comedian whether intentional or not. Still waiting to see something feasible/sensible in the so called news.

I'll start taking this trade talk seriously when someone can offer up what the Hawks will get in return. That's kind of important.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not a mod but cut this shit out.     We're all here because it's free of bs personal insults and aspersions.    Take that crap somewhere else.   

Bwah, typical 'beta' response.  Change your name to macmamma (hehe).

Seriously though, are we about to witness a bannin'?  1st in a while, no?  I got my popcorn ready.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bwah, typical 'beta' response.  Change your name to macmamma (hehe).

Seriously though, are we about to witness a bannin'?  1st in a while, no?  I got my popcorn ready.

Beta males don't like to associate with a lot of masculine men because they think the way these alpha males act is wrong.

Well he has a point there.   I mean mostly i associate on here with you, spud and jaybird. :cheer:

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well he has a point there.   I mean mostly i associate on here with you, spud and jaybird. :cheer:

Ohhhhh, shots fired!  MacMamma ringin' in 2017 with a skrong zinger.  I mean, did research and errything.

Too bad it's all downhill from here though.

Pretty sure there is a forum on here for politics and religion. Personally I'm afraid to go there. Maybe a good place to ban someone on their really bad days. Looked up that word of course on urban dictionary because the language barrier I guess. 

The Ubermensch is Friedrich Nietzsche's answer to the problem of Nihilism. Nietzsche begins his premise with the assumption that God does not exist, and if God does not exist, thus objective morality and inherent value are not possible since there is no ultimate being that exists to create morality and value in the first place. 
Nietzsche's Ubermensch will act as his own God, giving himself morality and value as he sees fit according to him alone. The Ubermensch is neither slave or master as he does not impose his will upon others. The Ubermensch is an independent individual who has the power to banish herd instincts from his mind and become a master of self discipline.

Above all, the Ubermensch is the next step in human evolution. Every human must deal with the question "What is the meaning of life"- some say God and Heaven, others say ultimate objective virtue, but the Ubermensch will give life value that is not based on superstition or mystical folly. The Ubermensch finds value in his life experience because it cannot be reasoned out through argument and logic. The Ubermensch would say that the meaning of life is that you die, so make it valuable.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I just don't like the fact that unrestricted free agents no longer seem to do sign n trades...like before a player could only get max dollars from their own team..hence many sign n trade deals...now players just bolt and their original teams get screwed.

It enhances team's ability to keep their own free agents at the expense of being able to deal them for assets.